ADVERTISEMENT

Girls’ Blue-Gold All-Star Game roster Announced . . . .

Simmonj4618

Getting reps on JV
Nov 17, 2011
Delaware
Rosters announced for the Girls’ Blue-Gold All-Star Games, which will be played on March 18 at the Carpenter Center.

The girls’ contest starts at 1 p.m. with the boys’ game to follow in the event, which benefits Best Buddies Delaware. The games the top senior high school players in the state.

Girls’ Gold roster: Rajene Bowe (Milford), Kiarra Brittingham (Milford), Aizha Brown (Delmar), Arika Burrell (Lake Forest), Nyasia Carroll-Jackson (Middletown), Melena Credle (Smyrna), Rukiya Davis (Sussex Tech), Abby E’Nama (Cape Henlopen), Alissa Haith (Caesar Rodney), Kara Hignutt (Sussex Tech), Brionna Hill (Dover), Tashara Houston (Sussex Central), Grace Lange (Caravel), Mya Maddox (Lake Forest) and Tarnia Mathias (Polytech). Head coach: Trenita Shields (Lake Forest).

Girls’ Blue roster: Ronnay Blatch-Higguins (Howard), Lexi Bromwell (St. Elizabeth), Da’aziah Brown (Archmere), Jamiyah Dennis (Concord), Hannah Garbowski (Delaware Military), Kryshell Gordy (Ursuline), Brianna Grant (Concord), Lauryn Griffin (A.I, DuPont), Jayna Jones (Wilmington Friends), Brianna McCoy (Tower Hill), Shanira Mitchell (William Penn), Jaylin Ortiz (Delcastle), Alanna Speaks (St. Elizabeth), Alkirah Wilson (A.I. DuPont) and Katie Woodacre (Wilmington Charter), Head coach: Scott Barker (Archmere).

I'm pretty sure scott barker is the st. Mark's coach not archmere.
And with what's happening over there this season its' absolutely laughable that he would even be considered

I don't think they pick coaches based on records, which would be a good idea to be honest, so I guess Scott probably drew the short straw for the Blue team, which has a lot of coaches who expect to make a long tourney run and probably didn't want to coach another game after the season.

I'm pretty sure scott barker is the st. Mark's coach not archmere.
And with what's happening over there this season its' absolutely laughable that he would even be considered
You are kidding right, I've watched St.Marks play a few times this season and I was impress with the way he handled his girls, Yes their record is not good, but he gives his players room to grow and they never give up! He doesn't have a group of AAU players like some of the other higher up teams around the state but they are young will be better in a few years. He is a Coach I wouldn't mind having my daughter play for. Besides the Blue and Gold game is played by girls who will practice maybe one time together before the game and we all know every player will be playing for self. Coach is only needed to substitute and call time outs.

Got a chance to talk with Coach Barker a couple of weeks ago, he's trying to turn the culture around regarding girls basketball, it may be an up hill battle but he's doing the right things by trying to establish a foothold with some local AAU programs.

St. Marks admin ran that school into the ground.

Last edited:
You are kidding right, I've watched St.Marks play a few times this season and I was impress with the way he handled his girls, Yes their record is not good, but he gives his players room to grow and they never give up!.

Are you sure you saw St. Mark's play? I don't know what game you saw but trust me, every kid on that team gave up weeks ago. Before you send your daughter to play for him Maybe talk to some parents whose daughters actually do play for him. And this has very little to do with their record. It has to do with coaching behavior and basic knowledge of the game. It's an absolute mess over there...parents practically have the pitch forks & torches ready!
I do agree that admin ruined the school though

Are you sure you saw St. Mark's play? I don't know what game you saw but trust me, every kid on that team gave up weeks ago. Before you send your daughter to play for him Maybe talk to some parents whose daughters actually do play for him. And this has very little to do with their record. It has to do with coaching behavior and basic knowledge of the game. It's an absolute mess over there...parents practically have the pitch forks & torches ready!

Agree 100%. They dropped off once Fiorelle left. He saw what was coming up and knew to head for the hills. Schools like Ursuline, Conrad, and Newark Charter & Charter of Wilm. have players that might have gone to St. Mark's but decided not to seeing where the program was headed. Thought the lady who had the team headed in the right direction considering the talent they have. She was a long term former player and assistant under fiorelle.

So you are saying he doesn't know the game? Maybe that's why he wasn't running up and down the sideline yelling. I guess he didn't know what to yell.

Scott's been around. You might remember him as the Coach and GM of the reborn Blue Bombers in the 90s and he also was a trusted assistant at Lincoln University for years, so I have no doubt he knows the game of basketball. Unfortunately, it might be too late as St. Mark's has clearly de-emphasized athletics and it sucks because that school was a beast in EVERYTHING for many years at a D1 level.

Scott's been around. You might remember him as the Coach and GM of the reborn Blue Bombers in the 90s and he also was a trusted assistant at Lincoln University for years, so I have no doubt he knows the game of basketball. Unfortunately, it might be too late as St. Mark's has clearly de-emphasized athletics and it sucks because that school was a beast in EVERYTHING for many years at a D1 level.
Lol, didn't want to start a conflict.

Lol, a little discussion never hurt. Scott was very kind to this young sports nut many moons ago, so I have a certain amount of respect for him. I just don't think Scott Barker, Fiorelli or anybody else can get St. Mark's girls' bball back to where it once was because the options (Conrad, Newark Charter, etc.) are more plentiful now.

Reactions: big-picture
Lol, a little discussion never hurt. Scott was very kind to this young sports nut many moons ago, so I have a certain amount of respect for him. I just don't think Scott Barker, Fiorelli or anybody else can get St. Mark's girls' bball back to where it once was because the options (Conrad, Newark Charter, etc.) are more plentiful now.

I agree there are things that needs to be in place for long term success and not may coaches have the clout or have the administration that can offer tuition support like it once was. Just IMHO this may also affect Ursuline and Sanford in 5 to 10 years, they probable get a lot of students that parents worked for DuPont the other companies that are moving out of Delaware although not to the degree as St. Marks.

Last edited:
I agree there are things that needs to be in place for long term success and not may coaches have the clout or have the administration that can offer tuition support like it once was. Just IMHO this may also affect Ursuline and Sanford in 5 to 10 years, they probable get a lot of students that parents worked for DuPont the other companies that are moving out of Delaware although not to the degree as St. Marks.
Lots of good info coming from Simmon and Gatekeeper, as a parent and fan I really appreciate it. Keep making the girls post what it is!

Agree 100%. They dropped off once Fiorelle left. He saw what was coming up and knew to head for the hills. Schools like Ursuline, Conrad, and Newark Charter & Charter of Wilm. have players that might have gone to St. Mark's but decided not to seeing where the program was headed. Thought the lady who had the team headed in the right direction considering the talent they have. She was a long term former player and assistant under fiorelle.

Agree 100% Had they remained competitive, st. mark's would've been getting a lot more talented kids who are instead now opting for those other schools. how administration can't see that being good at sports brings in students is beyond me but their downfall is a direct result of the lack of attention and money to their athletic dept. Also agree they should've held on to the coach from last year. so many poor decisions over there.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT