ADVERTISEMENT

Good Luck Caravel

image.jpg

Reactions: Havok469
Behind this coaching staff in it's second year which blew the chance for back to back championships. Last year at some point during the games they pitched Joey 13 times regular season last year ruining him for the tournament. Two out of state teams forfeited giving them 2 free wins so they are going to end up with a some what reasonable seed this year. Looking at the rankings if they finish 7th and win their first playoff game Caravel would have to play Dover in the Quarter finals which is the same team they play tonight. I don't think that Caravel will be the powerhouse it was in the past with the coaching staff that is in place currently, simply based on the track record of their 10 year at HVT prior.
The 2 out of states forfeits actually hurt their seed as they can’t get bonus points for those games.

The 2 out of states forfeits actually hurt their seed as they can’t get bonus points for those games.
Bonus points are only based on the opponents win/loss percentage, and both of those teams could have a better than .500 record. Are you saying the forfeited games won't count in Caravel's official record?

Bonus points are only based on the opponents win/loss percentage, and both of those teams could have a better than .500 record. Are you saying the forfeited games won't count in Caravel's official record?
They should be counted as unplayed and their index should be based on 18 games. I called the Episcopal scam way back then. Caravel schedules a double header and only played one to keep their pitching inline for St. Marks.
The DIAA rule is clear. Any postponed games need to be rescheduled at the next possible date available. No available date from 3/24??? The Episcopal game would have made 4 games in 6 days. Poor scheduling, but nothing like Salesianum's 6 in 9 days. Hell, Caravel actually had 19 games scheduled for most of the season.
Caravel should be 12-4 with their index based on 18 games.
Oh Tommie!!!

***Checked Loyola Blakefield's schedule and they don't even have the "forfeit" lose recorded.*** Gotta go both ways, right?

Last edited:
I still couldn't believe my eyes watching that game last night and Caravel beating Dover. I was told that it was Dover's 4th starter and the kid threw 105 pitches and went inning for inning with Caravels #1
It’s called baseball Different then any other sport

They should be counted as unplayed and their index should be based on 18 games. I called the Episcopal scam way back then. Caravel schedules a double header and only played one to keep their pitching inline for St. Marks.
The DIAA rule is clear. Any postponed games need to be rescheduled at the next possible date available. No available date from 3/24??? The Episcopal game would have made 4 games in 6 days. Poor scheduling, but nothing like Salesianum's 6 in 9 days. Hell, Caravel actually had 19 games scheduled for most of the season.
Caravel should be 12-4 with their index based on 18 games.
Oh Tommie!!!

umm Episcopal forfeited the game to Caravel.. If Caravel cancelled the game the FFT would have went to Episcopal

Yeah episcopal and Loyola both cancelled on caravel... caravel can’t beat a team if the other team isn’t willing to play them
Then why is the game not even Loyola’s schedule? Ummm how do you get a forfeit over someone who said they didn’t play you??

it’s forfeit because they had a contract and the other team couldn’t play the game . The Loyola game was postponed due to weather and Loyola could not find a date they were willing to travel to Bear. Especially with their league schedule beginning Out of league forfeits or games don’t matter to MIAA teams as only league games count for their standings or playoff seeding. So they just took the game off their website. CA had contract they gave enough time for Loyola to try and make up and got FFT

Last edited:
it’s forfeit because they had a contract and the other team couldn’t play the game . The Loyola game was postponed due to weather and Loyola could not find a date they were willing to travel to Bear. Especially with their league schedule beginning Out of league forfeits or games don’t matter to MIAA teams as only league games count for their standings or playoff seeding. So they just took the game off their website. CA had contract they gave enough time for Loyola to try and make up and got FFT
The only sports that I am aware of contracts actually being signed is football. All good on the explanation.

The Loyola thing makes sense but I don't understand why Episcopal didn't play the first game of the doubleheader.[/QUOTE

I don’t know why maybe they were short on pitching , maybe their field couldn’t handle two games after rains, maybe there was a conflict in time with players other obligations. Who knows

The only sports that I am aware of contracts actually being signed is football. All good on the explanation.

I am pretty sure all sports have game contracts. It pretty much spelled out in DIAA and NFHS rules When I get back to a lap top or work computer I will find and post it. Not going to do it on my dummy phone lol

Last edited:
No it’s Sunday I go back to work Monday. And what the hell are you saying about 47 47 what? It’s becoming painfully obvious your not a hockey coach or an adult. Keep on trolling.. You cant contract for more games than your sport allows

Last edited:
.4.2 Contracts between DIAA member schools and nonmember or associate member schools of comparable state associations are required.

1.4.4 If a game is not played, it shall be considered a “no contest.” Notwithstanding the above, if a signed individual contract or conference master contract was received in the DIAA office or postmarked prior to the contest in question, and one of the participating schools breached the agreement, the non-breaching school may appeal for a forfeit to the Executive Director or the DIAA Board of Directors. If the Executive Director or Board finds a forfeit is appropriate, the no contest shall be replaced with the forfeit.

The Loyola thing makes sense but I don't understand why Episcopal didn't play the first game of the doubleheader.

I dont either maybe they had players missing or maybe they had something better to do than play two.. but its what they did and obviously CA had a contract and was given the FFT based on the above DIAA appeals rules to gain a FFT

and there goes Soccers CA gaming the system conspiracy theory lol BOOM!
Then why did it say postponed for forever? Moreover, play the game and take your lumps. I can also promise you that the lessor sports do not have actual contracts. Ask any AD. I did. Curious to see how the issue is resolved at the seeding meeting. Remember, just because a school posts something doesn't mean its true.
Have a great day.

Then why did it say postponed for forever? Moreover, play the game and take your lumps. I can also promise you that the lessor sports do not have actual contracts. Ask any AD. I did. Curious to see how the issue is resolved at the seeding meeting. Remember, just because a school posts something doesn't mean its true.
Have a great day.

yeah ok some sports dont have contracts mainly girl sports or socoer but they also have no recourse with the DIAA for pts if they dont play nor can they appeal for FFT points if they dont play CA had a contract and Loyola and Episcopal chose not to play and CA was able to appeal to DIAA and get a FFT because they had a contract .. its that simple ... No one was gaming anything,,,

And as was reported earlier Episcopal chose not to play two due to lack of pitching not Caravel and your assertion CA was gaming the system to beat St Marks was dead wrong..

yeah ok some sports dont have contracts mainly girl sports or socoer but they also have no recourse with the DIAA for pts if they dont play nor can they appeal for FFT points if they dont play CA had a contract and Loyola and Episcopal chose not to play and CA was able to appeal to DIAA and get a FFT because they had a contract .. its that simple ... No one was gaming anything,,,

And as was reported earlier Episcopal chose not to play two due to lack of pitching not Caravel and your assertion CA was gaming the system to beat St Marks was dead wrong..
said someone from Caravel....

Bottom line is, everyone else gets their postponed games in except...…..
Caravel

This is getting to be a strange thread. Caravel had a good record and a solid coaching staff.

There are not a lot of Coach Nicks around. Anybody would suffer by comparison especially his immediate successor.

Reactions: soccer07
Hey Havok,
Why don’t you say these things to Coach Moxley’s face instead of hiding behind a DEpreps’ name to do so? From my personal experience with Coach Mox he’s a phenomenal coach who coaches each and every kid the way they deserve to be coached. So stop going on a high school sports forum to talk badly about your son’s coach because your unhappy with his playing time and support the Caravel baseball program the way any parent associated with that program should.

Reactions: Chesdel
Just so you understand my son plays for Coach Moxley and he’s been nothing but fair, honest, and awesome to my son in his time playing for him.

I do support the program go to every game and cheer for everyone on that team. As for talking to Moxley about his "throwing" program he said that I had nothing to worry about my son was in good had and the staff had his best interests at heart. That was not a whole truth because for 2 season's his shoulder has been ruined but the only thing that they this is going to help is PT and he goes 3 times a week.

Throwing program??? Please explain. I’m just curious to what some coaches advise there players to do.

Last edited:
I call BS on that. My kid is a pitcher at Caravel, in fact he's one of the one's that you've been complaining about throwing 600+ pitches. There's no 'throwing program'. They do the same thing as any other high school program does. The kids throw bullpens when appropriate and the coaches do a fine job of managing the pitcher's use.

I don't have any problems with Moxley or any of the Caravel coaches. But my opinion doesn't really matter. My Kid is happy with the program and he loves playing for Caravel. That's all that matters to me.

Reactions: Patcomic
I'm a little confused on what is going on here, but this Caravel team has done nothing but make deep playoff runs over the last few years, including a State title I believe. It's difficult for them to get quality in State opponents because of how big the conferences have become. At the end of the day they deserve to be in the tourney and I expect them to be a tough out.
If someone has a problem with coaching, they need to talk to the coach or AD DIRECTLY, especially if you have a child in the program. I can assure you, this board is not famous for resolving problems.

Ikey I can see why he is upset. His son finally makes varsity his sr year and then the injury.. I am sure its frustrating and obviously he's looking to place blame somewhere.. but like you said this forum isn't going to help or fix an issue.. works for venting though
Very true. Like I said, I had a hard time following the thread. Wish nothing but him and his son the best. Yes the forum is good for venting, or so at least I have heard.

Guy's I know that it comes of as whining about my son. Truth be told that was last year when he made varsity junior year and right as his injury set in coach pulled him aside and told him he was moving him to jv to get more rep's so that he could get back up to varsity. They handed him the score book, then I asked the questions about his situation with the team held my tongue and watched. I didn't say another word until the regular season was over and he didn't get called back up for playoffs, because after 6 games he told one of the coaches on jv that Mox said he was here to get rep's at first not do the book have a Freshman do it and put me in. It was wrong but I back his choice 100%. My rants aren't about my son even if he was healthy enough to play Cole Reynold is 6'5" you earn playing time in high school I hate daddy ball and playing favorites. I worry about the players who tell me that they hate being there but parents won't let them quit. I worry about the senior that after leaving the team for 2 years to get a medical condition under control quit because even if he was better in practice he didn't play.

Parents have gone to the ad and he is leaving at the end of the year but has asked for everyone who has a problem to put it in writing. I have been told to worry about my own kid in one of these forums, well even though I only have one son if I have coached you at one time or another you're always going to be one of my kids and I have 1 s and 3 kids on this squad.

Maybe I should just shut up sorry everyone sorry for giving a damn about fair play and the safety of young men.

Thanks for letting us know some kids height? I don't understand what your trying to get at. They have won 7 out of the last 8 so obviously Mox is playing the right people

Refresher Course on Board Rules!

1. NO NAME-CALLING- That means other posters, coaches, players, administrators, media types, anyone. Period. If you take issue with someone here, debate the post, not the person. Agree to disagree if necessary.

We've gotten afield from our basic rule.

This guy needs to take his meds to regulate his mental health condition! Get over it my man, what you messaged on the forum is done and over with.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT