ADVERTISEMENT

Hassan Perkins transferring to Sanford

This was a long time coming. A lot of people knew he was going to end up there.

So let me guess.... Stan Waterman is the best coach to have coached here in Delaware. When you get to select from the best kids throughout a four state area year in and year out you better win multiple state titles. Every year this guy gets not only talented but smart student-athletes. He should have more than 5 state titles in 25yrs. Let the Stanwagoners begin with how great he is. Bottom line he is an average coach at best and a great politician that has a gift of gab.

Well he above average for 99% of coaches in Delaware because he realizes:
"It’s not the X’s and O’s, it’s the Jimmy's and Joe's” he has got to get the horses from somewhere. . .

My bad it's 6 titles, I played for Glasgow in 92" & we lost to them in the semi finals. When they had Ralph Blalock & Kenny Mitchell..

So let me guess.... Stan Waterman is the best coach to have coached here in Delaware. When you get to select from the best kids throughout a four state area year in and year out you better win multiple state titles. Every year this guy gets not only talented but smart student-athletes. He should have more than 5 state titles in 25yrs. Let the Stanwagoners begin with how great he is. Bottom line he is an average coach at best and a great politician that has a gift of gab.
LOL Which coach are you that he beat? You must be one of them hiding behind a computer screen.......Let it go man. Its over

LOL Which coach are you that he beat? You must be one of them hiding behind a computer screen.......Let it go man. Its over

No, he never beat me with his loaded deck of recruited players. Level the playing field and see how he does. How'd his team do this past year? 12-8.... can't win it or compete for the title so he recruits a 6'9" kid from St. Edmonds and a Tatnall transfer. I also believe he has 2 additional recruits coming to. How many other school do the same recruiting year in and year out. None. 90% of the coaches would do just as well as him if the had his talent each year.

Then why don't 90% of the other so call coaches recruit like he does? Lazy, don't understand playing field or just don't care.

And don't just say it's privates, how did bring in a big man work out for Smyrna? He's just keeping up with the times lol

Then why don't 90% of the other so call coaches recruit like he does? Lazy, don't understand playing field or just don't care.

And don't just say it's privates, how did bring in a big man work out for Smyrna? He's just keeping up with the times lol

Because other coaches have morals and are ethical. They play by the rules unlike Sanford. I'm sure there are coaches out there that are lazy or just want to collect a pay check but Sanford and a few others get a pass from DIAA all to often. Recruiting in Delaware I'm sure happens but it against DIAA rules. Yes, there are a few that do it but again it's unethical. Stan doesn't out coach others he gets some of the best talent and out athletes them. It is high school sports and only that but certain amount of people want to think Delaware high basketball is a Kentucky and try to latch on like leaches to players or a coach/school and try to become a street agent or a basketball advisor. Just ridiculous and moronic. Most of all unethical!!!!

Because other coaches have morals and are ethical. They play by the rules unlike Sanford. I'm sure there are coaches out there that are lazy or just want to collect a pay check but Sanford and a few others get a pass from DIAA all to often. Recruiting in Delaware I'm sure happens but it against DIAA rules. Yes, there are a few that do it but again it's unethical. Stan doesn't out coach others he gets some of the best talent and out athletes them. It is high school sports and only that but certain amount of people want to think Delaware high basketball is a Kentucky and try to latch on like leaches to players or a coach/school and try to become a street agent or a basketball advisor. Just ridiculous and moronic. Most of all unethical!!!!

I'm not disagreeing with all your points but what you don't understand is there is a different playing field for Sanford, Ursuline and others. They are in this to win championships, it's a part of their schools marketing and admissions strategy. It gives the school publicity and notoriety that alumni and prospective students parents like.

So yes he doing what he needs to do, we may not agree but it is what it is.

Last edited:
No, he never beat me with his loaded deck of recruited players. Level the playing field and see how he does. How'd his team do this past year? 12-8.... can't win it or compete for the title so he recruits a 6'9" kid from St. Edmonds and a Tatnall transfer. I also believe he has 2 additional recruits coming to. How many other school do the same recruiting year in and year out. None. 90% of the coaches would do just as well as him if the had his talent each year.

Wow, sour grapes. Sanford was 14-3 against in-state opponents so that 12-8 record you quote is misleading. This was supposed to be Sanford's down year, and it was... and because of Davis and his coaching ability, their down year was still top-10 in the state.

90% of coaches would do just as well as him? Lol.

Sanford's kids get good grades and do well in college. They stay eligible. They get citizenship awards. Any other coach in the state win while doing that? No wonder parents and kids WANT to play for him.

I guess this is the chicken or the egg argument.. which came first? The coach or the players or the players or the coach?

No sour grapes whatsoever.... spin it however you would like. Sanford has gain a HUGE advantage by recruiting. I'm well aware Sanford's success attracts a lot of basketball players. If you allow other public or private schools to do the same thing they do the playing field would be level. Waterman has a very big advantage because much like a college coach he gets to hand select the players he wants to come to his school year in and year out. This is why he has kids that are well behaved and get good grades which allows them to get into colleges.

All of you Waterman clones like to latch on to him and the team because it makes you feel like you are part of it or had something to do with a player getting into the school(aka street agent or advisor). There is nothing misleading about a 12-8 record other then Waterman is an average coach that has been aided by recruit after recruit. He couldn't go very deep in this years tournament so he has recruited 3-4 players to help get his team back into contention. This is not what high school athletics is all about He still runs the same stuff he did 10-15 years ago. Very little has changed. Again he is helped because he has quality student-athletes that he has hand selected. I'd like to see them take a chance on a borderline academic kid or a kid that has learning disabilities or behavioral issues. Bottomline Sanford won't do that. Let's just be honest and say Sanford recruits and gets to hand select there students year after year since back in the early 80's. There girls team started doing the same in the early 90's. Which makes it a un-level playing field for all the other schools in the state with the exception of Caravel and Ursuline. Which results in there success and the multiple state titles.

Not all academic scholars can afford Tatnall, Tower Hill or Archmere, i'm certain their wheels get greased as well
Very true, but the wheels get greased there for academics, not basketball... Also, don't eliminate Tatnall from the basketball recruiting discussion. They just have not done a good job at it of late. Fresh crop coming soon though.

If Sanford was winning state championships every year, then the complaints about a level playing field would have merit. Be that as it may, you can try and discredit 500 wins, six state championships, tons of young men who got to further their education and play ball at a college level and it just sounds like sour grapes.

Reactions: jvm3 and pksundevil
No sour grapes whatsoever.... spin it however you would like. Sanford has gain a HUGE advantage by recruiting. I'm well aware Sanford's success attracts a lot of basketball players. If you allow other public or private schools to do the same thing they do the playing field would be level. Waterman has a very big advantage because much like a college coach he gets to hand select the players he wants to come to his school year in and year out. This is why he has kids that are well behaved and get good grades which allows them to get into colleges.

All of you Waterman clones like to latch on to him and the team because it makes you feel like you are part of it or had something to do with a player getting into the school(aka street agent or advisor). There is nothing misleading about a 12-8 record other then Waterman is an average coach that has been aided by recruit after recruit. He couldn't go very deep in this years tournament so he has recruited 3-4 players to help get his team back into contention. This is not what high school athletics is all about He still runs the same stuff he did 10-15 years ago. Very little has changed. Again he is helped because he has quality student-athletes that he has hand selected. I'd like to see them take a chance on a borderline academic kid or a kid that has learning disabilities or behavioral issues. Bottomline Sanford won't do that. Let's just be honest and say Sanford recruits and gets to hand select there students year after year since back in the early 80's. There girls team started doing the same in the early 90's. Which makes it a un-level playing field for all the other schools in the state with the exception of Caravel and Ursuline. Which results in there success and the multiple state titles.

MAN STFU STAN IS THE BEST COACH IN DELAWARE HANDS DOWN. HE DONT HAVE TO RECRUIT. PLAYERS WANT TO GO TO SANFORD BECUSE YOU ARE GOING TO GET BETTER AND GET READY FOR THE NEXT LEVEL!!! MOUNT PLEASENT WAS LOADED THE PAST 5 YEARS AND IF STAN COACHED THAT TEAM HE WOULD HAVE 5 STRAIGHT TITLES. SO SIT YOUR DUMB HATING ASS DOWN. THATS WHY HE COACHING WITH THE USA TEAM. HE EARNED EVERYTHING THAT HAS ACHIEVED. IF HE STILL RUNNING THE SAME STUFF HE BEEN RUNNING FOR YEARS, HOW ABOUT YOU GET A COACHING JOB AND BEAT HIM CLOWN. YOU DUDES GET BEHIND THESE USERNAMES AND TALK ALOT OF SHIT. BUT WONT SAY WHO YOU REALLY ARE. CLOWNS!!! PUT SOME RESPECK ON HIS NAME CLOWN. THE GOAT OF COACHING IN DELAWARE!!!

MAN STFU STAN IS THE BEST COACH IN DELAWARE HANDS DOWN. HE DONT HAVE TO RECRUIT. PLAYERS WANT TO GO TO SANFORD BECUSE YOU ARE GOING TO GET BETTER AND GET READY FOR THE NEXT LEVEL!!! MOUNT PLEASENT WAS LOADED THE PAST 5 YEARS AND IF STAN COACHED THAT TEAM HE WOULD HAVE 5 STRAIGHT TITLES. SO SIT YOUR DUMB HATING ASS DOWN. THATS WHY HE COACHING WITH THE USA TEAM. HE EARNED EVERYTHING THAT HAS ACHIEVED. IF HE STILL RUNNING THE SAME STUFF HE BEEN RUNNING FOR YEARS, HOW ABOUT YOU GET A COACHING JOB AND BEAT HIM CLOWN. YOU DUDES GET BEHIND THESE USERNAMES AND TALK ALOT OF SHIT. BUT WONT SAY WHO YOU REALLY ARE. CLOWNS!!! PUT SOME RESPECK ON HIS NAME CLOWN. THE GOAT OF COACHING IN DELAWARE!!!

Nailed it.

Thats a LAZY, COUNTRY Delaware answer!! and thats why basketball around here sucks because people like you dont wanna work to make it better. News flash if I'm a kid why wouldn't I want to play for the guy who coaches team USA and wins state championships? He doesnt have to recruit his name speaks for it self. I didnt hear Nothing about Smyrna and them getting a 7 foot transfer and i hear they have a few players coming in this year. Also to be honest theres only a handful of good high school coaches in this state and thats a fact........

Reactions: jvm3

You really have anger issues. The truth must hurt. I see you haven't provided your really name or identity "trubasketballfan". I can certainly have my opinion and I'll express as I want. But I won't show immaturity or call other names or be intimidate by you or anyone else. I done wasting my time even responding to someone like you. Done! I'm out! I gotta go to work

You really have anger issues. The truth must hurt. I see you haven't provided your really name or identity "trubasketballfan". I can certainly have my opinion and I'll express as I want. But I won't show immaturity or call other names or be intimidate by you or anyone else. I done wasting my time even responding to someone like you. Done! I'm out! I gotta go to work

LOL. You say you won't call other people names yet you slander Stan in all your posts.

You don't need to know my name you can see me face to face

Here's the thing: with Waterman now helping coach the national team, even more kids will want to play for him. And he gets to work with the best coaches so he continues to get better himself. So people will say he's recruiting but he just has the best exposure in the state and again- if you are a player with D1 potential, why wouldn't you apply to Sanford?

Exactly. Stan knows the value of networking and as he's often said when giving interviews, success sells itself. Ralph Blalock and Kenny Mitchell played D1-level college ball. Will Sheridan played four years at Villanova. Mikey Dixon was a conference ROY before transferring to St. John's. A decent chance at a state championship every year and a chance to get better against other kids because of the non-conference schedule. The numbers and the results don't lie.

Reactions: pksundevil and jvm3
@Filmore00, you certainly have the right to state your opinion without being labeled a hater or being challenged to a meet and greet. I totally disagree with your opinion and believe Stan is indeed the best coach in Delaware period. The thing you have to remember is the Sanford basketball players are for the most part basketball players, they don't play football, baseball, soccer or lax, they play ball all year round. They work at their craft. The kids graduate with a good education and a very good understanding of team basketball. The chips are great but the student academics are greater. Those kids leave that program young men who are taught accountability and ethics. Sounds like a tier one program to me. All of this banter means one important thing, Stan is very involved on and off the court. Obviously I'm not a Sanford guy, CR baby but game respect game, just sharing

Public schools can't recruit.

giphy.gif

Yea all those besides the current football and basketball state champions. lol

Last edited:

Middletown is great in football and average at best in nearly every other boys sport. Appo is better than the Cavs in just about every other sport. Coincidence? I think not. Mount Pleasant basketball had four prominent transfers this past season, including one who attended William Penn the previous year. To think public schools are not recruiting is just naïve.

Reactions: GateKeeperRefugee
WORD!!!!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT