160-Mayan(Poly)
170-Kerr(Smyrna)
182-Dailey(Smyrna)
195-Wuest(Smyrna)
220-Diaz(Milford)
285-Hudson(CR)

Reactions: wtc76
any upsets?
I wouldn't say there were any big upsets in championship round. I think most people had stratton at 132 and Schemer at 285, but every kid who won was ranked high in the state.
There were a few upsets in the Semis, Caruso losing was the biggest and JT Davis dropped a close one.

Reactions: spartakos
106-Natarcola(Smyrna)
113-Rayne(IR)
120-Rosser(Milford)
126-Hayes(CR)
132-Natarcola(Smyrna)
138-Dean(CR)
145-Baum(Smyrna)
152-Morris(SC)
160-Mayan(Poly)
170-Kerr(Smyrna)
182-Dailey(Smyrna)
195-Wuest(Smyrna)
220-Diaz(Milford)
285-Hudson(CR)
WOW Smyrna getting 6 out of 7 i’ll Tell you that’s pretty impressive also Natarcola brothers doing it together. I heard the 132 pound match was awesome!!!

Just happy to see such good sportsmanship today! Congratulations champs. Good luck to the rest of the top 8 in states.

WOW Smyrna getting 6 out of 7 i’ll Tell you that’s pretty impressive also Natarcola brothers doing it together. I heard the 132 pound match was awesome!!!
It was a great match. Natarcola was down and tossed Stratton with less than 5 seconds left to take the lead. He got most outstanding wrestler as well.

Reactions: 1st takedown
I was told no. I don't see why anyone on that committee would pick two kids that were thrown out of their conferences. No respect for the sport so don't reward them. Let a kid that wrestled with class go.
Let me ask you a question do you know anything about Hunter Moyer. That kid is a good leader as well as a fine young man i know you must not know anything about him. Punishment has to fit the crime. This case doesn’t, it’s complete bs.

Last edited:
Help
I’m an idiot from bridgeville
Where can I find henlopen results from all matches?

I was told that Moyer and Handy will be allowed to wrestle at States if they are indeed awarded a wild card since their position in Henlopen is considered a tie for 6th with no 5th place finisher. They both forfeit their 1st match so they automatically go to Consi which means they have no way of winning their weight class at States. <but hey, just what I was told when I asked a coach>

No, top 4 are guaranteed to go. But it’s very possible that 8 could go (or could have gone) from the henlopen in that weight class.

Let me ask you a question do you know anything about Hunter Moyer that kid is a good leader as well as a fine young man i know you know nothing about him. Punishment has to fit the crime. This case doesn’t it’s complete bs
I wouldn't call today being a good leader but what do I know. Only what I saw. I'm sure he's usually a great kid. Unfortunately people see things like today and that's what we will remember. See ya at Cape!

I wouldn't call today being a good leader but what do I know. Only what I saw. I'm sure he's usually a great kid. Unfortunately people see things like today and that's what we will remember. See ya at Cape!
He slid his headgear on the mat to his coach on the floor. Is that not true? What did you see.

As far as the other kid not sure what happened. Maybe you can fill us all in since your so opinionated. How about what did myrealname see????

I saw him slide his headgear, big deal. Bottom line is that it’s a heated moment, he absolutely didn’t deserve to be DQ’d over it. I don’t even care what words he said. Didn’t hurt anyone. Punishment doesn’t fit the crime.

I saw him slide his headgear, big deal. Bottom line is that it’s a heated moment, he absolutely didn’t deserve to be DQ’d over it. I don’t even care what words he said. Didn’t hurt anyone. Punishment doesn’t fit the crime.
Anything that would be worth a team point in a dual meet does not equal an ejection. Terrible call by Mike Jordan. One of many he made on the night

There's still states to come. I'm sure stratton will be ready!
I’m sure Natarcola will be just as ready. He’s still losing the head to head against Stratton so that’s just enough motivation for Natarcola as Stratton’s loss tonight will be motivation for him. But there’s no doubt Stratton and Natarcola want it the most in their weight, both probably wanting to see each other again and both being state champs before and knowing the feeling

Reactions: 1st takedown
Stratton won the first two matches and lost the third match with a couple seconds to go. Live and learn with that. I'll take Stratton the next time they meet.

Reactions: Dahammer23
Moyer’s wasn’t the worst display I’ve seen but I think they are definitely trying to get a handle on that stuff this year. Sucks if he has to sit out but maybe kids around the state will learn from this scenario. The headgear being thrown was only the first piece. It looked like something was said after that caused the DQ but I couldn’t tell.

Reactions: Takestime
The dq'd wrestlers will be a topic of discussion today at the seeding meeting. None of us were on the mat or privy to what was said on the mat. If a kid is tossed from a tournament, why should others be knocked out of a wildcard spot for them? I do believe that the officials need to have clear rules of what constitutes throwing a kid out of a tournament. They need to discuss it as a group and come to a decision, one of which they all enforce across the board. Moyer is a great kid and I don't want him as a senior to not wrestle, but getting thrown out is a huge problem. I just don't think the guys that are dq'd should be allowed to go. Just my opinion.

So is Moyer or Handy eligible to wrestle next week at the individual state tournament
Hunter Moyer is a great kid. Heat of the moment... but not worthy of a DQ. Handy on the other hand, no class. Called Ott his B*tch on the mat. Then proceeded to drop the F word twice. The apple doesn’t fall to far from the tree. Look at their coach. 18+ team points this year.

So Moyer was DQ’d for throwing his head gear off the mat after a match? What a joke that ref is...like most wrestling refs. Used to get their asses handed to them on the mat so they’re getting their payback now

Reactions: sportsguy725
Hunter Moyer is a great kid. Heat of the moment... but not worthy of a DQ. Handy on the other hand, no class. Called Ott his B*tch on the mat. Then proceeded to drop the F word twice. The apple doesn’t fall to far from the tree. Look at their coach. 18+ team points this year.
The Laurel coaching staff has received a total of three unsportsmanlike calls on the season. The first two were during the dual meet at Cape. During the 195 lb. match the staff disagreed with a takedown non-call. An assistant coach, from behind the chairs yelled,"come on, his feet were in," and was hit with a call. During the 285 match coach Glanden raised his fist looking for a stalling call and was hit for another unsportsmanlike and ejected from the gymnasium. The referee was clearly and understandably frustrated by unruly and very loud fans but the call was, according to all witnesses including the Cape fans, unwarranted. The third unsportsmanlike was given to coach Glanden for celebrating a team point being taken from Milford during the state dual finals. The official thought the smiling and clapping was excessive and penalized him for, and I quote," I don't know, um, him being him I guess." Interestingly, this same official was the one who ejected Handy.

The Laurel coaching staff has received a total of three unsportsmanlike calls on the season. The first two were during the dual meet at Cape. During the 195 lb. match the staff disagreed with a takedown non-call. An assistant coach, from behind the chairs yelled,"come on, his feet were in," and was hit with a call. During the 285 match coach Glanden raised his fist looking for a stalling call and was hit for another unsportsmanlike and ejected from the gymnasium. The referee was clearly and understandably frustrated by unruly and very loud fans but the call was, according to all witnesses including the Cape fans, unwarranted. The third unsportsmanlike was given to coach Glanden for celebrating a team point being taken from Milford during the state dual finals. The official thought the smiling and clapping was excessive and penalized him for, and I quote," I don't know, um, him being him I guess." Interestingly, this same official was the one who ejected Handy.
Was it Mike Jordan?

I was feet from the mat. The wrestler was warned after the second time he dropped the f bomb that if he did it again he would be thrown out. Less than 30 seconds later he did it and was thrown out.

What about Friday's fight in the hallway?Fists thrown and blood drawn but the wrestler wrestl ed in the semis?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT