ADVERTISEMENT

Henlopen Champions

I was feet from the mat. The wrestler was warned after the second time he dropped the f bomb that if he did it again he would be thrown out. Less than 30 seconds later he did it and was thrown out.

What about Friday's fight in the hallway?Fists thrown and blood drawn but the wrestler wrestl ed in the semis?

That was not on the mat though during a match

Anything that would be worth a team point in a dual meet does not equal an ejection. Terrible call by Mike Jordan. One of many he made on the night

Have No Ideal what happen. But he could not be ejected for just throwing a headgear, Has to be more to the story. Throwing a Headgear will get a call. Did he get 2 Unsportsmanlike Conduct calls? This would get him ejected?

Mike Jordan seems to always be involved in these situations. Funny if you look at these situations. It seems to always have the same officials. How were the Officials down in the Henlopen Tournament. Blue Hen they did a good job for what I saw.

Reactions: sportsguy725
Have No Ideal what happen. But he could not be ejected for just throwing a headgear, Has to be more to the story. Throwing a Headgear will get a call. Did he get 2 Unsportsmanlike Conduct calls? This would get him ejected?
After the headgear toss, he was hit with an Unsportsmanlike. And then a comment was made and that is when the ref said he was DQ.

The Laurel coaching staff has received a total of three unsportsmanlike calls on the season. The first two were during the dual meet at Cape. During the 195 lb. match the staff disagreed with a takedown non-call. An assistant coach, from behind the chairs yelled,"come on, his feet were in," and was hit with a call. During the 285 match coach Glanden raised his fist looking for a stalling call and was hit for another unsportsmanlike and ejected from the gymnasium. The referee was clearly and understandably frustrated by unruly and very loud fans but the call was, according to all witnesses including the Cape fans, unwarranted. The third unsportsmanlike was given to coach Glanden for celebrating a team point being taken from Milford during the state dual finals. The official thought the smiling and clapping was excessive and penalized him for, and I quote," I don't know, um, him being him I guess." Interestingly, this same official was the one who ejected Handy.
Pretty sure it was a different official at state duals that took team point versus official the ejected Handy!

Just went back and watched 302 sports for dual state finals and Handy’s match at henlopen conference. The ref at both matches was Hartnet. Same ref!!!

I was feet from the mat. The wrestler was warned after the second time he dropped the f bomb that if he did it again he would be thrown out. Less than 30 seconds later he did it and was thrown out.

What about Friday's fight in the hallway?Fists thrown and blood drawn but the wrestler wrestl ed in the semis?
I was literally on the mat and have reviewed the film of the match several times. I am in no way excusing the language Handy used, especially the first example when he was hit with an unsportsmanlike penalty. (BTW, Cape's coach, when asked, in the coaches meeting, if Handy received a warning agreed that he did not). There simple has been a dangerous precedent set. One wrestler used inappropriate language directed at an official and is still wrestling, another dropped an f-bomb out of frustration at himself and his career is over. The coaches met and the majority agreed that the two case should, at the very least, be handled with equality when it came to disciplinary action. They were not.

I was literally on the mat and have reviewed the film of the match several times. I am in no way excusing the language Handy used, especially the first example when he was hit with an unsportsmanlike penalty. (BTW, Cape's coach, when asked, in the coaches meeting, if Handy received a warning agreed that he did not). There simple has been a dangerous precedent set. One wrestler used inappropriate language directed at an official and is still wrestling, another dropped an f-bomb out of frustration at himself and his career is over. The coaches met and the majority agreed that the two case should, at the very least, be handled with equality when it came to disciplinary action. They were not.
Welcome to Delaware where some teams get preferential treatment because they have more people in important positions fighting for them and their kids. Political bullshit in high school sports. Who'd a thunk. Insert eyeroll.

I would say the first point was warning enough!! However, in saying that.....how can anyone justify disqualifying two wrestlers for cursing but then allow one back in (changing the call)?? That is even more difficult to explain to these young men. In their minds they both cursed, they both were tossed but now one has been “forgiven”. Tough to wrap my head around and even tougher for a young adult.

Just went back and watched 302 sports for dual state finals and Handy’s match at henlopen conference. The ref at both matches was Hartnet. Same ref!!!
Also ejected coach Glanden's wife from the stands at Poly Tech last year. Pattern much? Seems a bit more then a coincidence.

I didn't say I agreed with the call just stated what I saw and heard

From what I’ve seen, that official has thrown quite a few people out of tournaments and matches. Some warranted, some not as much..

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT