ADVERTISEMENT

Job openings?

life lessons

JV stand out
Nov 20, 2015
After posting a 5-35 record in 2 seasons Sussex Tech has parted ways with it's ball coach.

Who should be at the top of the list?

They have 1,400 kids in that school, should be able to put together a squad.

Hoopsdownstate, with all your experience, you could make a difference not just on a forum, just saying

Reactions: hoopsupstate
i've been out of the game too long... did the high school thing, the division 1 college thing... won my fair share of hardware but im happy to just sit back and enjoy from the stands... for now that is
Never say never! I saw what u did in the NCAA and let me tell you, anyone downstate Delaware team would be lucky to have you. Gonna be tough getting a chip here on out in Delaware though with coach quil on the Glasgow sideline, that man also needs a bath. Perhaps him and Rufo could save some water if you know what I mean

Reactions: debballguy
Hoopsdownstate, with all your experience, you could make a difference not just on a forum, just saying
No... Dont have time for no rebuild... Got to start off with at least 2 horses..but if Dover job becomes open... Iam on it..Lol.. I can do alot of damage with those 3 freshmens. There junior and senior years we be in mix for a title Both years.. Add pick N roll in offense .. Guards wont be stopped... Lol...

Anybody can coach Scottie and Jordan, Kobe and Shaq. That's EASY. I prefer those coaches build who build it.

Anybody can coach Scottie and Jordan, Kobe and Shaq. That's EASY. I prefer those coaches build who build it.
All jokes aside.... These days they dont give you enough time to rebuild... Maybe 2 years at most.. You need 4 years at least for Sussex Tech... They firing coaches in 1 year.. Cant put no system in.. in 1 year.. Simply impossible.. There for nobody wants Sussex Tech job....

Tech definitely made improvements between this year and last year. Going 0-20 but losing the likes of Skyes and Allen. They made it to the 2nd round of the tournament and got beat by Mount on that controversial 3 where Mount had 6 on the court. But going from 0-20 to 5-15 isn't a big change but its progress. I saw the difference between the two years and they were on the come up. As mentioned several times on the forum it is difficult to take over and make a huge impact in 2 years. Plus if you ever watched Tech, they don't have size and play in a conference where size is essential.

As far as the Dover position. Think Wilson remains coach. School supports him and the kids buy in. Could be a scary team next year, held Smyrna to lowest point total of the season and if some calls went the other way they knock of Smyrna. Key to them is does Davis stay at Dover or even in DE in general.

Tech definitely made improvements between this year and last year. Going 0-20 but losing the likes of Skyes and Allen. They made it to the 2nd round of the tournament and got beat by Mount on that controversial 3 where Mount had 6 on the court. But going from 0-20 to 5-15 isn't a big change but its progress. I saw the difference between the two years and they were on the come up. As mentioned several times on the forum it is difficult to take over and make a huge impact in 2 years. Plus if you ever watched Tech, they don't have size and play in a conference where size is essential.

As far as the Dover position. Think Wilson remains coach. School supports him and the kids buy in. Could be a scary team next year, held Smyrna to lowest point total of the season and if some calls went the other way they knock of Smyrna. Key to them is does Davis stay at Dover or even in DE in general.
Wilson blew a great chance last year.. Now he got another good team up and coming.. Lets see if how long they buy in.. First round exit next year not acceptable and loosing to Central defenily wasnt acceptable.... Time will tell..

Reactions: DDBasketballCoach
Not the biggest fan of Wilson however he does have the kids attention. He loses games that should be blow outs and turn around to blow up in his face. Good guy overall has a ton of talent I think if you don't see improvements within the next two years he'll be gone. Coaches for one of the biggest schools in Delaware and can't even make the playoffs smh.

Surprised no one's talked about the A.I. job, with Tom Tabb saying he planned to resign even before the DMA drama. A.I. should do one of two things - think outside the box for a replacement, or try to coax a former alum and one of the best players to ever play in that gym out of retirement to come back and coach.

A.I. should try their hardest to get Chris DiMascio.

Surprised no one's talked about the A.I. job, with Tom Tabb saying he planned to resign even before the DMA drama. A.I. should do one of two things - think outside the box for a replacement, or try to coax a former alum and one of the best players to ever play in that gym out of retirement to come back and coach.

A.I. should try their hardest to get Chris DiMascio.

Doubt he'd want that job, the ability to recruit is drastically different than his days at Howard

Reactions: onejeron
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT