Final Four Reflections

Uncle Bumfuzzled

D1AA Prospect
Sep 11, 2012
1. St E's -- has beaten Dover, Middletown and Salesianum

4. Big S -- has lost to Dover, Middletown and St. E's

2. Dover - has beaten Salesianum and lost to St. E's

3. MDT - has beaten Sallies but lost to St. E's

It appears that the seeding methodology was accurate.

I like Dover to win it all based on what I have seen. St. E's obviously has already beaten everybody. MDT reminds me of the early John Thompson Georgetown teams. The Sallies group has been to the Bob and shouldn't be overwhelmed by the moment.

Thursday night should be fun. What does the cognoscenti think?

St E vs. Big S…………Dover vs. MDT.

Last edited:
Bum, St. E's has been struggling a bit as of late . Maybe they have peaked. MT looks to me to be a bit overrated. I think Dover will handle them easily. One big plus for the Sals. With the exception of the throwaway game against Dover they look to be playing their best basketball of the season. An added plus is the return of Justin Hinds who missed several games down the stretch.

Reactions: Uncle Bumfuzzled
1. St E's -- has beaten Dover, Middletown and Salesianum

4. Big S -- has lost to Dover, Middletown and St. E's

2. Dover - has beaten Salesianum and lost to St. E's

3. MDT - has beaten Sallies but lost to St. E's

It appears that the seeding methodology was accurate.

I like Dover to win it all based on what I have seen. St. E's obviously has already beaten everybody. MDT reminds me of the early John Thompson Georgetown teams. The Sallies group has been to the Bob and shouldn't be overwhelmed by the moment.

Thursday night should be fun. What does the cognoscenti think?

St E vs. Big S…………Dover vs. MDT.
Sallies will repeat.. On neutral court .. I trust Sallies more than other 3 easily.. St. E wins came at home against Dover and Sallies.. On neutral court.. Iam taking Sallies all day everyday this year only..lol

Still sticking with Dover. Hey, they haven’t won a boys basketball title in the 58 years of the tournament, They are due. Plus they are the best team this year.

Still sticking with Dover. Hey, they haven’t won a boys basketball title in the 58 years of the tournament, They are due. Plus they are the best team this year.
If they don't win it, it's on them. I believe they have had the easiest path in the Tournament so far

Congrats to Dover.

Go back and review all the video available…including the nfhs streamed games this year. Dover has consistently been the best team in DE HS Bball this season. Happy for them. Maybe the Henny will assume a more prominent position In the tourney in upcoming years. Moore to come after I see my old friend (Sals Bball alum) on Mon or Tues. He was never too happy with this years edition of Big S Bball.

Congrats to Dover.

Go back and review all the video available…including the nfhs streamed games this year. Dover has consistently been the best team in DE HS Bball this season. Happy for them. Maybe the Henny will assume a more prominent position In the tourney in upcoming years. Moore to come after I see my old friend (Sals Bball alum) on Mon or Tues. He was never too happy with this years edition of Big S Bball.
Bum; I don't know why your friend was unhappy. I believe they had the toughest OOS schedule of any DI team. They only had six home games all season. Close games are won and lost in the last two minutes and that's where Dover shined and well deserved congratulations. Sals were a senior laden team so next year is a rebuilder. If your friend was unhappy this year he will be more so next year.

From what I saw, Dover won the majority of the 50/50 balls and was more of a cohesive group. It didn't hurt that their two main players combined for over two-thirds of their points. Sallies looked to get sped up, and rely too much on their individual talent on both ends instead of playing under control as a team.

Reactions: Uncle Bumfuzzled
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT