ADVERTISEMENT

Matches tonight?

myrealname

In the weight room getting big
Sep 11, 2008
St George's at Smyrna. Can St. George's upset them?

Laurel at Dover

Cape at Lake

Excited for the season to get started!!!!!!

Reactions: Dahammer23
@old..
Smyrna’s JV could of won the Varsity Match last night!
just saying of course

Not sure where Stratton will be this year. Like anybody, I'm sure he wants to see where everyone settles in at.

St. Georges Tech HS 11
Smyrna HS 64

145 - Baum (SMY) pinned J. Carrion (STG) 1:16
152 - Beaudet (STG) major dec. Giampietro (SMY) 12-4
160 - Davis (SMY) pinned Fulton (STG) 3:06
170 - Dailey (SMY) pinned M. McMullen (STG) 0:39
182 - D. Kerr (SMY) pinned G. Carrion (STG) 1:36
195 - M. Wilson (SMY) pinned Lin (STG) 3:42
220 - Wuest (SMY) pinned Boone (STG) 0:45
HWT - DeBenedictis-Bayne (SMY) pinned Terzaghi (STG) 4:00
106 - J. Natarcola (SMY) pinned Bolden (STG) 1:55
113 - Andruzzi (SMY) won by Forfeit (STG)
120 - W. McMullen (STG) dec. Al-Chokhachy (SMY) 4-3
126 - Rankin (STG) major dec. Mayhall (SMY) 13-2
132 - N. Natarcola (SMY) major dec. Novarnick (STG) 14-6
138 - Kelley (SMY) pinned Ferrera (STG) 3:52

Hodgson Vo-Tech 28
William Penn HS 43

170 Tom Lane WP maj dec Mekhi Wiggins 10-1
182 Darren Ryals WP dec Alejandro Jardon 10-9
195 Darius Hale Hod pinned Nick Lane in 1:05
220 Servante Seda Hod maj dec Troy Gale 15-4
285 Joe Behornar WP dec Neiko Wiggins 3-1
106 Ainsley Doyle Hod pinned Krystyn Williams in 2:35
113 Brandon Pike WP pinned Elijah Rivera in 1:24
120 Trey Crawford Hod pinned Erik Juarez-Robertson in 1:43
126 Cecil Owusu WP dec Liam Jordan 2-1
132 Jarrod Brindza WP pinned Adam Victora in 1:57
138 Devaugh Corbelt WP won by forfeit
145 Jon'nir Watson WP won by forfeit
152 Mustafa Yilas WP pinned Matt Demark i n 3:14
160 Enoch Santiago Hod pinned Jaiden Gear in :50

Results for Cape and Lake?
Any idea why Laurel and Dover was postponed?
Cape won 51-22 over Cape
106: Lewis Harrington (CH) over Tyler Ratledge (LF) (Fall 2:20)
113: Roque Goss (LF) over Darryl Sykes (CH) (Fall 1:21)
120: Double Forfeit
126: Dajour Bailey (CH) over Jackson Rea (LF) (Fall 0:13)
132: Anthony Caruso (CH) over Coleman Mosley (LF) (TF 23-6 0:00)
138: Andre Currie (CH) over Isaiah Redman (LF) (Fall 0:19)
145: Seth Flemming (LF) over Juan Lares (CH) (Fall 1:23)
152: Kurt Moyer (LF) over Dylan Ketchersid (CH) (MD 15-2)
160: Royuan Jones (CH) over Kaidan Fullerton (LF) (MD 18-9)
170: Eesa Johnson (CH) over Matthew Dodds (LF) (Fall 5:59)
182: Christopher Handlin (CH) over Nick Rettig (LF) (Fall 0:56)
195: Kristopher Thompson (LF) over Cameron Smith (CH) (Fall 1:20)
220: William Ott (CH) over Joshua Sivak (LF) (Fall 1:20)
285: Tyler LeCates (CH) over Damien Thomas (LF) (Fall 3:32)

Reactions: myrealname
So families aren’t allowed to move to different towns in Delaware and enroll their kids in their new schools wrestling programs?

So families aren’t allowed to move to different towns in Delaware and enroll their kids in their new schools wrestling programs?
You don't know that families situation. It must have passed the DIAA test. Not all moves result in eligibility.

Reactions: concord87
so its not misconstrued im not hating on smyrna wrestling. stated fact they are rich (talent wise) they got richer. i think it would be cool if every returning state champ in the state all transferred to smyrna one year. it would provide some spark to the forum if nothing else.

Reactions: Dahammer23
My kids told me that some new guy from Middletown had transferred in but it wasn't until I saw his last name on the match results did I realize who it was.

Good for them. Know they were hurting so maybe this transfer will add some depth that they've been lacking in past years. ;);););):oops::rolleyes::mad:
Haha...someone in football joked that the school should be called Smyrna Prep. That's a little over the top but I understand the sentiment.

Teehee! Smyrna prep. I likey! I can see why people may think that. They do seem to get a good number of quality transfers and not all are move ins. I do not know this young mans situation but you alluded to it not being a move in either.

I think we can all agree that D.I.A.A. transfer rules are a joke. Every year families get over on them. Where there is a will there is a way!

Reactions: Justmyop
i don't anything about the kid who transferred to Smyrna or his family. If he came and kicked me, I wouldn't know who to report. I don't worry about other kids. I have enough of my own.

Reactions: 84rider
FYI from the mom of the best friend... Al-Chokhachy always lived in Smyrna AND Middketown, shared custody. He now is in Smyrna full time. Nothing sneaky about it.

Reactions: 84rider
Nobody ever said it was sneaky before you said that. One of the boys said yesterday that he was at middletown in October according to their friend but obviously they were incorrect or he couldn't be wrestling. Honestly didn't even know the name before this week and that's a name you can't forget. Just knew he wasn't at Smyrna high or youth last year. Have a great snowy day! We got walloped yesterday and Im loving it.

Enjoy the snow, I hate it, lol. Nope, didn't think anybody said sneaky either, just wanted to clarify. That boy has been going back and forth for 2 years. I hate when that happens in these situations. I'm just happy for him to have a full time home AND still be able to enjoy the sport he loves.

Enjoy the snow, I hate it, lol. Nope, didn't think anybody said sneaky either, just wanted to clarify. That boy has been going back and forth for 2 years. I hate when that happens in these situations. I'm just happy for him to have a full time home AND still be able to enjoy the sport he loves.
Nobody likes seeing kids shuffled around. We see too much of it these days. i hate the messiness that follows but Friday night was beautiful :)

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT