ADVERTISEMENT

Most anticipated possible match ups for states??

UncCreepy

Getting reps on JV
Feb 7, 2014
Just wanted to reach out and see what everyone’s thoughts are on matches you would like to see at states. Me personally am really interested in the 106 class since the cape boy just threw a monkey wrench into things I was told he had a big win today. The match I wanna see most and I can’t wait is Dustin Elliot vs Nick Walker. These two are absolutely work horses that have endless gas tanks and are both hard nosed. I think if Lucian moves to 120 you will see some people change their weights it’s so hard trying to figure this stuff out so early in the season. Ahh so let me know what matches your looking forward too.
UncCreepy

Reactions: cg1582
I think 165 is interesting with Statts, Ebaugh and Norris. You have a smooth and technical wrestler and then you have 2 bulldogs in Norris and Ebaugh. Interesting styles and I think would make some exciting matches. Guerreri at 106 from Cape beat both Baksh and Perrin this past weekend. 175 Spoor and Cannon. 215 Miller is going to run away with it but Rhoades and Donahue will be good. Rhodes beat Donahue twice last year at states, but after this weekend Donahue looks really good. Made it to the blood round and took out a Maryland state champ from Mcdonogh along the way.

Reactions: cg1582
as of right now matchups that I'd like to see are:
106: Spennato vs Guerreri
113: Lucian vs Kluber
120: Stratton vs Andrews
126: Menickella vs Sianni
132: Cordery vs Foster
138: Radecki vs Savage
144: Walker vs DiTomasso
150: Duffy vs Pete
157: Ranauto vs Pierce
165: Staats vs Ebaugh
175: Spoor vs Chandler
190: Moaney vs Wilson
215: Donahue vs Miller
285: Baynard vs Torres

not that i think these will be the finals but i think all of these matches would be exciting. Some clear favorites in some weight classes but not sure how weights will change.

Ok so it’s so early to even think about states but on the other hand it’s fun to make some early predictions that most likely will be way wrong like they are every other year. Some weights I will put a statement with. I’m going to included one dark horse that could make some noise. Let’s go.
106 C Bakhsh over M Catania.
Dark Horse”D Spennato”
I know A Guerreri just recently beat C Bakhsh but I believe when the boys get the extra two pound allowance you will see a totally different match.
113 ahh the mystery weight who’s going 113 and who’s going 120? My favorite at 113 is Lucian but he’s been wrestling 120 then my favorite at 120 is Stratton but he wrestled 113? Total flip flop. So the question here is do they stay away from each other or do they meet up?
D Lucian over M Milligan
Dark horse K Wooten
120 M Stratton over A Andrews
Dark horse C Moffett
126 T Copes over C Murray
Dark horse I have two H Givens and S Sianni
Both are dangerous
132 E Codrey over C Foster
Dark horse J Girard
138 E Radecki over T Savage
Dark horse M Copeland
144 another super tough weight to call
D Elliot over N Walker by one point it could just as easy go the other way. I’m leaning on Elliot to win because the young man has a endless gas tank and I very technically sound then on the other hand you have Walker who is a bull and also has a great gas tank.
Dark horse A Salas
150 S Pete over B Ranauto
Dark Horse B Brumley
157 B Ranauto over C Dempsey
Dark horse X Limehouse
165 J Ebaugh over F Norris
Dark horse K Duffy
175 L Spoor over G Cannon
Dark horse J Chandler
190 J Wilson over H Moaney
Dark horse H Finn
215 F Miller over B Rhodes
Dark horse G Lockett
285 C Denigris over A Semmel
Dark horse Chee Chee
I know I’m rocking the boat with some of these picks. Personally I would love to see Stratton come up to 120 and wrestle Lucian that match alone would be worth the price of admission. If this super match ever took place it’s so close to call but I think I would say Lucian wins in a barnburner. Other super match is at 144. If the cards unfold the way they should we could see a battle of the endless gas tanks that are both just workhorses that only have one speed and that’s full bore all out. Elliot alittle slicker Walker alittle stronger. I’m not picking a clear winner I say it’s a one point match that will go either way. Time will tell. What’s your picks?

Ok so it’s so early to even think about states but on the other hand it’s fun to make some early predictions that most likely will be way wrong like they are every other year. Some weights I will put a statement with. I’m going to included one dark horse that could make some noise. Let’s go.
Dark Horse”D Spennato”
I know A Guerreri just recently beat C Bakhsh but I believe when the boys get the extra two pound allowance you will see a totally different match.
113 ahh the mystery weight who’s going 113 and who’s going 120? My favorite at 113 is Lucian but he’s been wrestling 120 then my favorite at 120 is Stratton but he wrestled 113? Total flip flop. So the question here is do they stay away from each other or do they meet up?
D Lucian over M Milligan
Dark horse K Wooten
Dark horse C Moffett
Both are dangerous
Dark horse J Girard
Dark horse M Copeland
D Elliot over N Walker by one point it could just as easy go the other way. I’m leaning on Elliot to win because the young man has a endless gas tank and I very technically sound then on the other hand you have Walker who is a bull and also has a great gas tank.
Dark horse A Salas
Dark Horse B Brumley
Dark horse X Limehouse
Dark horse K Duffy
Dark horse J Chandler
Dark horse H Finn
Dark horse G Lockett
Dark horse Chee Chee
I know I’m rocking the boat with some of these picks. Personally I would love to see Stratton come up to 120 and wrestle Lucian that match alone would be worth the price of admission. If this super match ever took place it’s so close to call but I think I would say Lucian wins in a barnburner. Other super match is at 144. If the cards unfold the way they should we could see a battle of the endless gas tanks that are both just workhorses that only have one speed and that’s full bore all out. Elliot alittle slicker Walker alittle stronger. I’m not picking a clear winner I say it’s a one point match that will go either way. Time will tell. What’s your picks?
From what I understood they were allotted 2 lbs at Beast.(in reference to your 106 statement) so idk if it would necessarily look different because of that but I do believe they are very evenly matched. 106 is very intriguing this year. Dont think we will see too many people wanting to cut down that’s for sure

Reactions: UncCreepy
From what I understood they were allotted 2 lbs at Beast.(in reference to your 106 statement) so idk if it would necessarily look different because of that but I do believe they are very evenly matched. 106 is very intriguing this year. Dont think we will see too many people wanting to cut down that’s for sure
You are correct they were allowed the 2lbs

Dark Horse”D Spennato”
D Lucian over M Milligan
Dark horse K Wooten
Dark horse C Moffett
Both are dangerous
Dark horse J Girard
Dark horse M Copeland
Dark horse A Salas
Dark Horse B Brumley
Dark horse X Limehouse
Dark horse K Duffy
Dark horse J Chandler
Dark horse H Finn
Dark horse G Lockett
Dark horse Chee Chee
I like the Dark horse for 132, His brother was a great wrestler and he has been behind Davis Jr and Bartowski I think for the last two years so he has had great work in the room. I do think Malcom roy has a great shot to make the finals, and Guerreri looked really good the whole beast tournament as a freshman.

Your 100% correct so far Guerreri is looking tough as nails not taking anything from the young man he is wrestling very confident and picking up some huge wins.

Early season matchup but Donahue from Cape beat Rhodes from Caravel 10-4. Interesting to see this match later in the year though, given that Rhoades only has couple weeks of wrestling in after a 13 game football season. But Donahue looks really good and has improved a lot from last year

Early season matchup but Donahue from Cape beat Rhodes from Caravel 10-4. Interesting to see this match later in the year though, given that Rhoades only has couple weeks of wrestling in after a 13 game football season. But Donahue looks really good and has improved a lot from last year
Donahue looks tough. I’d be surprised if he doesn’t end up at hwt.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT