ADVERTISEMENT

My 2019-2020 Pre-season Girls 8th Grade Top Ten Players..And more

Justabasketballfan

Getting reps on JV
Mar 16, 2015
Well here we are again with basketball season just about to start and with one of the best overall classes in girls basketball graduating last year and off to college for there freshman year in that 2019 class. With that said I had a chance to get around and check out of the top 8th graders coming in next year. They are not as deep but as always there is talent there. As these players begin to figure out what high schools they will attend next year. It will be clear to see that some of them will begin to make impacts on whatever school gets their services. So with that said here is my pre-season early 8th grade girls basketball list rankings. I seen a lot of talent but these girls stood out every-time I seen them. Sorry I don’t have the girls current middle school names:

1. Jasiyah Crawford
2. Maya Braxton- Young
3. Anaya Price
4. Kyla Reed
5. Donyae Samuels
6. Sydney Hilliard
7. Jourdyn Henderson
8. Claire Watson
9. Deja Martin
10. Gia Tjaden- Smith

And the future is bright with some of the future players coming behind them.

Number 1 7th grader: Kennedy Henry (Nationally Ranked)
Others: Cherish Bryant, Marissa Isbell, Jada Snow, Rayna Farris

Number 1 6th grader:
Others: Skylar Bolden

Number 1 5th grader: Jezelle “Gee- Gee” Banks (Nationally Ranked #1)
Others: Asia Adams

Number 1 4th grader: Amoree Anderson

-There are couple of girls I'm still researching and could Edit this at a later date. But their is some talent coming in the near future. Sorry, I'm hearing I had one girl in the wrong class and I couldn't get a name of another girl. But with some recent tracking down. I got the people in the right spots. Let the debate begin!!!

Last edited:
It's sad that someone is ranking fourth-graders.

I didn't rank. the only ones that was ranked is the 8th graders. i just identified who the best was. Any others that i come across will just be added to the list. As you can see i did not do that for the 7th graders. And not sure if you seen her play- but if you did, you would understand why i would put her on the list. And if that is ranking ranking I'm sorry you feel that. But I know parent who is glad that someone has identified their child in general.

So it leads me to say this. i know that this list has put a bad taste in some people's mouths about where certain kids are. I do apologize about some kids in the wrong class, and/or the spelling of names of some children. I've put out list before. And the effort into going around and trying to identified that local talent is tough and a lot work. And i don't want credit for that. i just want people to know out side of the state and/or inside this state is real talent here and what to look for. So many times talent gets missed or thrust upon a kid that is not worthy. I can tell you. every kid on this list is talented and if they keep projecting forward you will hear about these girls in the near future. Some people on the outside of this thinks its bad. but there more than a lot are glad that there list showing where there at and that they keep working hard to continue to be identified or to be moved up. And as always I'm sure that there is talent that has not been seen but i hope they too will get identified for there hard work.

sincerely just a basketball fan

I didn't rank. the only ones that was ranked is the 8th graders. i just identified who the best was. Any others that i come across will just be added to the list. As you can see i did not do that for the 7th graders. And not sure if you seen her play- but if you did, you would understand why i would put her on the list. And if that is ranking ranking I'm sorry you feel that. But I know parent who is glad that someone has identified their child in general.

sincerely just a basketball fan

Sorry, I didn't mean you specifically. I tend to go watch youth sports and enjoy the talent and the effort. I mean, they're kids. 8-13 years old. I can look at a kid and think, wow, she's pretty good. Then I realize she won't even have a driver's license for another 7 years. But I appreciate your dedication to the sport at the youth level.

Reactions: Justabasketballfan
Hey its cool. If i put it out there for the world to read i have to accept that there are some people that are not going to like what they see for whatever reason. It comes with the territory. But i just tell the parents if your child isn't up there or not in the ranking in comparison to other children or at the top of the list. Then there is more work to do. Use it as motivation. The great thing is there young and their is still time for improvement. Sometimes girls basketball gets lost and shouting out the girls in anyway shape or form at this point in their careers is great publicity. We have talent here.
I'm off my soap box now

I think you should do this every year but include every class from 7th grade on up. This list will help with exposure and some kids might be motivated to make it on this list. Only class that should be excluded should be the senior year. It leaves it a mystery for those who have watched the kids come up through the ranks. And then see what and where they go with their talent. But it does require a commitment to the sport. No bias, but an actual review of strengths as an individual and team player. Looking forward to another great Basketball season.

I think you should do this every year but include every class from 7th grade on up. This list will help with exposure and some kids might be motivated to make it on this list. Only class that should be excluded should be the senior year. It leaves it a mystery for those who have watched the kids come up through the ranks. And then see what and where they go with their talent. But it does require a commitment to the sport. No bias, but an actual review of strengths as an individual and team player. Looking forward to another great Basketball season.

A great big thank you. And appreciate the gesture. I will try my best. its hard. because are some girls i seen but i could not get to them and family to find out there names and what schools they go too. And i try to be anonymous possible about who is doing the rankings or taking the info. kids tend to play harder or do things uncharacteristically on the floor when they know someone is there watching them to rank them. Thats a bad stress to have while playing and trying to win a game. For example i seen one girl. She is a solid girl and is about 6'2 or 6'3 and is about 12 years old. Ive been trying to get info on her but i have not been able to have a conversation with her. I would love to put her on the list but i want to make sure i get her name right and what grade she is in. So it is really tough. But i want to get good positive info out there on these upcoming girls. Next year i may take out the numbers part for the 8th graders. that seem to make it worst for adults. and i will just put the names in alphabetical order. just a thought.

My next issue is some of the negative feed back. When i talk to coaches, parents, and other media outlets they all say this player is getting a lot publicity and are not there not good. they are just in a good situation because a parent may spend money to get them in front of the right people. And here it is a kid who does have those opportunities and is a whole hell of lot better as player but doesn't get seen as such. And those people will say "man i would tell that parent of kid the truth," or " we need to stop telling these kids there the best just to get them to play for your team. Now you have a kid with a inflated ego, and they wont continue to work hard to get better and be something better for delaware." These people want these things said to the kid or the parents. I say something about kids attitude that i seen on the floor. Now i have or had a personal relationship with the kid. so i can say it to them or make a statement. But to have people say aaaaww why are you saying that about the kid. Well no one ha and the kid continues to do those antics. When will it stop so that the kid can go back to being hungry and work to be the best player in delaware the right way. Are we helping our kids or hindering them? When can the village raise a kid?

It’s all good, I think you put a lot of time and energy into your posts. Keep posting and don’t worry about the haters. Some of us like to be informed on who the up and comers are.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT