Feb 8, 2018
1st team

I. Robertson (Cape)

N. Hyland (St. Georges)

C. Matthews (Smyrna)

O. Parker (Caravel)

J. Thomas (Newark Charter)

2nd team:

J. Davis (Sanford) (simply hasn’t played like a USA basketball nominee)

Rickards (Cape) (suspension has consequences)

G. Bloodsworth (Smyrna)

J. Burton (Sussex. Tech)

L. Woody (Howard)

Reactions: Uncle Bumfuzzled
Ummm... I’m pretty sure you know what the questions are going to be about your 1st Team right? You may as well have started a thread with the player’s name who you are pushing.

Reactions: jvm3
FYI...All State selections should be interesting considering that Smyrna’s Bloodsworth & Garnett weren’t even 1st Team All Henlopen North. I wouldn’t be surprised if this was one of those years where players were voted in All State over players that were voted ahead of them on the All Conference selections especially since Smyrna is still playing & are seen more now.

Garnett should be first team if we are talking about his play on the Court. We see what Cape looks like without Rickards. From the Number 1 seed to out in the second round. Cape won games against over half of the field in the quarters. How can Robertson be rank above Rickards if we are talking on the court? Love Ian Robertson's game. If you talking off the court things, should he be on the second team all state. Allow due process. Bloodsworth is a gamer. Matthews is a no brainer. I remember in the past they put 6 players on first team. This might be one of those years. Parker is a definite. Hyland should be there. Corbin had a good season. Davis had a good season but not up to his standards. He was scoring 20 and 30 against national rank teams in years pass. Love the kid though. Burton brought Sussex Tech out of the ashes, which beat William Penn, Sallies, CR, The Bridge, and Mount Pleasant. It is going to interesting.

Can someone post the All Conference selections?
This is what I was told were the selections for the Henlopen North...

1st Team
Ian Robertson (Cape)
Caleb Matthews (Smyrna)
Shaft Clark (CR)
Jaquan Burton (Sussex Tech)
Randy Rickards (Cape)

2nd Team
Jaymeir Garnett (Smyrna)
Davione Robinson (CR)
Greg Bloodsworth (Smyrna)
Eden Davis (Dover)
Khalil Bolden (Sussex Tech)

Reactions: 84rider
Garnett is playing the best bask
This is what I was told were the selections for the Henlopen North...

1st Team
Ian Robertson (Cape)
Caleb Matthews (Smyrna)
Shaft Clark (CR)
Jaquan Burton (Sussex Tech)
Randy Rickards (Cape)

2nd Team
Jaymeir Garnett (Smyrna)
Davione Robinson (CR)
Greg Bloodsworth (Smyrna)
Eden Davis (Dover)
Khalil Bolden (Sussex Tech)
Who didnt vote for Garnett 1st team need to be band voting period or haters. .. Nobody on first team better than Garnett... My understanding coaches vote all conference.. That means alot of hating ass coaches in Henlopen conference. . Sad... He destroyed Cape, Tech, C.R .. I respect his game...

Reactions: 84rider and J12
Is Rickards still on the team? Many schools would have booted him, pun intended, from the team outright.

Garnett is playing the best bask

Who didnt vote for Garnett 1st team need to be band voting period or haters. .. Nobody on first team better than Garnett... My understanding coaches vote all conference.. That means alot of hating ass coaches in Henlopen conference. . Sad... He destroyed Cape, Tech, C.R .. I respect his game...

Where is Corbin . Facts any those guys he would give work too. And Garnett should of been 1st team In his conference without him Smyrna would hurt

Where is Corbin . Facts any those guys he would give work too. And Garnett should of been 1st team In his conference without him Smyrna would hurt
Corbin was 1st Team All Henlopen South...that was the list that I was sent for Henlopen North. If you mean where is Corbin for All State then he could easily be in 2nd/3rd Team but not many of the voters get to see Woodbridge enough.

Last edited:
Reactions: 84rider
All of the voting for All State must be turned in by tomorrow. The remaining games will have no impact.

Corbin was 1st Team All Henlopen South...that was the list that I was sent for Henlopen North. If you mean where is Corbin for All State then he could easily be in 2nd/3rd Team but not many of the voters get to see Woodbridge enough.
That's sad, because Corbin gave work to Smyrna. 4x.Last year and this year. Best player on the floor in both games this year.

Ya you right. Visual

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT