3. Caesar Rodney (8-0) 4

4. St. Elizabeth (2-4) 3

5. Caravel (5-2) 5

6. Conrad (7-0) 6

7. Archmere (6-2) 7

8. Concord (3-1) 8

9. Hodgson (3-3) 9

10. Sussex Central (7-1) NR

The only issue a see is how is Sussex Central ranked with a loss to a (2-4) St. Elizabeth 90-24, I know that teams down here at not as strong as our northern sisters but?

Last edited:
I just think William Penn or a AI DuPont has a better resume with 2 losses to ranked teams for that last spot., but it still early and a lot of good match ups to come.

Last edited:
St. Elizabeth will be 2-5 after tonight. Run into the buzzsaw of UA.

yea, looking at their schedule they will make to the playoffs on bonus points alone. They are looking at finishing around .500, they're going to be somebodies first and second round nightmare! Remanding games:

Tough matchups:
(1) Ursuline (Play 2x)
(5) Caravel
Cardinal Ohara (Pa)

Manageable but no walk in the park:
(7) Archmere
Howard
St. Thomas More
William Penn
Mt Pleasant

Should be W's:
Padua (Play 2x)
St Marks (Play 2x)
Milford

Right now they are 2-4, see them finishing 10-10 or 11-9.

Last edited:
I'll be at the UA/St. E game tonight and the last time they played at St E., Ursuline didn't put them away until the 4th, so it should be interesting for a while. I think once the guards get used to playing with each other (Davis is going to be one to watch in these next couple of years), they'll be fine.

@hoopsdownstate, that's not necessarily a good thing, I think adversity builds character. It's important to know where your weaknesses are before you get to the tournament or should I say it's good to know how the team reacts in the face of adversity before that game is in a one and done tournament.

@hoopsdownstate, that's not necessarily a good thing, I think adversity builds character. It's important to know where your weaknesses are before you get to the tournament or should I say it's good to know how the team reacts in the face of adversity before that game is in a one and done tournament.
Yea still great to finish season undefeated..

Wished Coach V could have scheduled one or two tougher games later in the season to better test his team. But CR is one of the teams that for some reason all the pieces clicked this year, I don't think people had them in their Top 5 at the start the year after the Conrad showing. The consensus is it's Ursuline's chip to loss, right now the challengers seems to be between Sanford and CR, but there's s a lot season left for the others to impress.

Last edited:
I looked at CR's schedule, and yeah I can't find a game that looks like a loss, Lake and Coach Shields will probably give them the toughest game, but that's about it. Beating Hodgson twice, even though they're a two-player show, should count for something though, so I think they have Final Four potential for sure.

The sophomore transfer has helped out big time, solid ball player. No real weaknesses in her game and best of all very unselfish with the rock

Reactions: Sports_Fan72
I was at the game last night and noticed StE playing man and kept it close like someone said before but the problem I noticed is that you can play man but you will be sorry come the 4th quarter when your players are tired since UA subs out 10 kids. Have to mix defense up against them between zone and man. The thing I liked about UA is they all can handle the ball. Lewis is phenomenal and the next great to come from UA.

Reactions: 84rider
The sophomore transfer has helped out big time, solid ball player. No real weaknesses in her game and best of all very unselfish with the rock

No doubt a good addition, but I still think that to beat CR you have to shut down Haith and not let her get easy fouls.

Last edited:
Reactions: 84rider
The next few years, everyone is playing for 2nd place.... Ursuline is a machine

Ursuline can be beaten, other than Lewis and Connolly they don't have anybody special. But what teams in Delaware don't have is the elite coaching they have. The other ingredients you need are girls that are able to shoot and play physical. Talent across the state is on the rise especially in the 2019 and later classes, but will coaching improve.? I use Conrad as an example, they where nowhere on the map prior to last year, but they may be able to challenge Ursuline in two years if everything stays the same. So yes Ursuline will continue to be top dog in Delaware until other teams get better coaching and players start working on their game in the off season.

Last edited:
They can be beaten, but no Delaware team will be the one doing it.

You say Lewis and Connolly are their only special players, those two alone are better than entire teams. And the several other players they have that you consider not so special, are pretty darned good too, the other 3 starters are all staters if they were at different schools.

They can be beaten, but no Delaware team will be the one doing it.

You say Lewis and Connolly are their only special players, those two alone are better than entire teams. And the several other players they have that you consider not so special, are pretty darned good too, the other 3 starters are all staters if they were at different schools.

Do get me wrong it was no means to disrespect their other players, your right their all good. Take Lewis and Connolly and let's say put them on DAPS or Design Lab team, their not wining nothing. I'm just saying the whole is greater than the parts. Coaching is a big part of it.

Last edited:
John Noonan gets the most out of his players and when you have that superior coaching (including assistants like Meghan Carter and Jaquetta May who had pretty good high school careers), that team will always be in a position to win. I also think we're underrating Alisha Lewis a bit, she makes it look so easy out there, she's far and away the state's best point guard.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT