ADVERTISEMENT

News Journal Rankings

I agree but Sallies 6 to 2.. Jump Cape and C.R.. On top of that just lost... Just because they beat Penn in the first game of the season by on 2 pionts... News Journal fummy... Lmao

Sallies ahead of Penn was expected to me just like I said. The surprise to me was the jump that both of them made up to #2 & #3.

Sallies ahead of Penn was expected to me just like I said. The surprise to me was the jump that both of them made up to #2 & #3.
They should of not jumped Cape or C.R. ... Not in a real poll... Lol... But i guess they think .. Penn and Sallies better than Cape and C.R...

Cape should be ranked 3rd. Lost to #1 Smyrna and beat #2 Sanford. Penn loss to unranked Sallies. That would be logical but we already know NJ doesn't deal with logic.

Reactions: 84rider
Cape beating Sanford was a early Christmas gift from the refs, a fluk. On any neutral court in northern delaware they get blown out by Sanford especially in February or march. William penn beats cape any day so sallies beating penn is more meaningful. Sanfords only real threat this year is Smyrna. C.R., Mt., Cape will all lose to good teams once everyone adapts to the text book officiating in this state. Hyland gets poy. Lets face it Sanford and Smyrna are the two best programs and it's a coin toss up for who wins.

Cape beating Sanford was a early Christmas gift from the refs, a fluk. On any neutral court in northern delaware they get blown out by Sanford especially in February or march. William penn beats cape any day so sallies beating penn is more meaningful. Sanfords only real threat this year is Smyrna. C.R., Mt., Cape will all lose to good teams once everyone adapts to the text book officiating in this state. Hyland gets poy. Lets face it Sanford and Smyrna are the two best programs and it's a coin toss up for who wins.
You think Penn beat Cape... I know Sallies can't. .. Mount and St. Georges aint that good too me.. I like Sanford vs Smryna for the title..

You think Penn beat Cape... I know Sallies can't. .. Mount and St. Georges aint that good too me.. I like Sanford vs Smryna for the title..
Capes coach is a disappointment, they will lose because of him. Tremendous resources at that school but poor player development. No known off-season play or development. Never see them in fall leagues. They will lose because of coaching. With the resources he has Cape should be winning cups. He tops the list of my top 5 lazy delaware coaches.

Reactions: Hoopsdownstate2
Cape should be ranked 3rd. Lost to #1 Smyrna and beat #2 Sanford. Penn loss to unranked Sallies. That would be logical but we already know NJ doesn't deal with logic.
Capes coach is a disappointment, they will lose because of him. Tremendous resources at that school but poor player development. No known off-season play or development. Never see them in fall leagues. They will lose because of coaching. With the resources he has Cape should be winning cups. He tops the list of my top 5 lazy delaware coaches.
No disagreement here.. 100% agree with you.. Forgot about the coaching at Cape... I was just looking at roster versus roster.. Cape should handle both Sallies and Penn.. But you brought up a great piont... Its coaching... You right...

Dover, ST E , Howard , St Marks & Delcastle , round out the top 15 imo

my poll would be:
1. smyrna
2. cape
3. sanford
4. caravel
5. sallies
6. penn
7. cr
8. st georges
9. mt p
10. s tech

knocked my team cr down due to sos so far
Sussex Tech will make tourney this year...Finally got a coach that knows wat he is doing.. Only taking him one year too...

Sussex Tech will make tourney this year...Finally got a coach that knows wat he is doing.. Only taking him one year too...

I like Sussex Tech. The play hard & aggressive...they should get some Ws out of those top teams in the Henlopen North. They actually held a short-lived lead in the 4th quarter vs Smyrna down @ Tech. They also just got a good win vs Woodbridge (although that Henlopen South is in a down year).

Say what you want about Cape win at Sanford fact remains Sanford took a L. I fo believe Sanford will win state title but that doesn't diminish Cape's win. So Cape should be #2 bc they earned it.

I'm calling it right now. Howard upsets Smyrna today at the slam.

Say what you want about Cape win at Sanford fact remains Sanford took a L. I fo believe Sanford will win state title but that doesn't diminish Cape's win. So Cape should be #2 bc they earned it.

I'm calling it right now. Howard upsets Smyrna today at the slam.[/
QUOTE]
Lol... Smryna wins by 10 or better..

Howard will play hard but Smryna will handle them easily... Cape will also beat Caravel too... I like Parker but Capes size will be the difference. .. Rickards and Robertson should dominate inside...

Reactions: Can_you_feel_me

You may be “calling it” but I’m thinking that is more like wishful thinking. Dover beat Howard & Dover already has 3 losses vs Henlopen North teams including Smyrna so not sure why this would be an upset pick of yours. Not to mention downstate has done well vs upstate so far this season. Sanford over Cape, Smyrna over Caravel, Dover over Howard...I’ll take Smyrna in this one.

Last edited:

@Can_you_feel_me Smyrna up on Howard 46-24 at the half. Had you even seen Howard play yet this year?

I did not. I figured Woody and Co would be over looked by Smyrna. Heck somebody got ro beat Smyrna at some point (or not) lol

I did not. I figured Woody and Co would be over looked by Smyrna. Heck somebody got ro beat Smyrna at some point (or not) lol[/QUQUOTE One
way is triangle and 2... Man up the 2 guards and play zone in paint to control Garnett inside... but these coaches in DE wont because they have no clue..

I did not. I figured Woody and Co would be over looked by Smyrna. Heck somebody got ro beat Smyrna at some point (or not) lol

Top 25 Roselle Catholic (NJ) & 6’11 LSU commit Nazreon Reid will be by far the best team Smyrna will see all year tomorrow at 2:00. If we are talking in-state teams only though Smyrna’s schedule is still tough w/ CR & St. George’s next week then they got Sallies & William Penn later in the schedule too to go along w/ the remainder of the Henlopen North schedule.

Top 25 Roselle Catholic (NJ) & 6’11 LSU commit Nazreon Reid will be by far the best team Smyrna will see all year tomorrow at 2:00. If we are talking in-state teams only though Smyrna’s schedule is still tough w/ CR & St. George’s next week then they got Sallies & William Penn later in the schedule too to go along w/ the remainder of the Henlopen North schedule.
C.R and St. Geoges they will beat easily but Smryna has no shot tomorrow. . Reid is the real deal.. 1 and done at LSU... Garnett in for a long game down low.. I hope his meduim range shot is on...

Watching these games u can clearly see how far the rest of the nation has left us behind. It's like everyone is driving corvettes while we're still on horseback and using outhouses.
We dont even have a shot clock yet... That says it all right there..smh we 10 years behind time... Sad but true.. Watching these games makes you think.. Damn they need to fire whole highschool basketball board..lol

C.R and St. Geoges they will beat easily but Smryna has no shot tomorrow. . Reid is the real deal.. 1 and done at LSU... Garnett in for a long game down low.. I hope his meduim range shot is on...

I would have liked to see how Smyrna would have fared if 7’2 Nwankwo would have stuck around w/ the addition of point guard Bloodsworth this year. That could have been one of the best Delaware teams in years 1-5. Although Smyrna is still winning games without him they were winning by a much larger margin last year & he is a huge difference-maker in that middle. Anyone know where (assuming he is playing) he is playing this year?

Went back to Kentucky where he transferred to Smyrna from, forget the name of the school smh can’t remember jack anymore, like the ghetto boys said “ damn my minds playing tricks on me “ lol

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT