322 Chestnut Hill Academy Vs Wilmington Christian
322 Caesar Rodney Vs Salesianum
322 Caravel Academy Vs Glasgow
322 Delmar Vs Sussex Central
322 Mount Pleasant Vs Saint Elizabeth
322 Polytech Vs Smyrna
322 St Georges Tech Vs Newark
322 Sussex Tech Vs Dover

CR/ Sals obviously is the highest profile game AI Brandywine is a solid Blue hen matchup...anyone interested in any of the others?

As a Henlopen Conference fan, I am interested in how Sussex Tech and Dover stack up against each other. Cape should rock Milford as they are strong, as will Poly over Symrna. Also, as a Delmar fan I am interested in how the young and improving Wildcats look today. Although they shouldn't have much of a problem beating Central. It will be interesting to see Delmar transform from a bunch of football players with sticks, to actual lacrosse players this season and next.

I saw Sussex Tech play at the Hodgson play day earlier this month and they were a really strong team! I did not see Dover play that day but I heard they were impressive as well so should be a good matchup. Why don't Delmar and St E's play one another? Would be a good matchup between two similar lacrosse programs!

I don't know why they don't play St. E since they have a healthy rivalry in football, it makes sense to play in lax as well. I know Delmar isn't afraid of the travel. The only reason I can tell is that maybe their schedules didn't match up as far as a date. Last year Delmar also had Appo and St. Georges, but they are not on their schedule this year.

I have heard of some teams shying away from Delmar because of their rough play in previous seasons. Like I said earlier, they are evolving from football players with sticks to an actual lacrosse team. Tough to do at a small school without a lax tradition. A young team, hopefully on the rise with probably 6 sophomores and a freshman starting. All however, have lots of lacrosse playing experience.
This post was edited on 3/22 3:31 PM by DelmarMD

Delmar 15 Sussex Central 2
It was 14 to 1 at halftime and then the coaches for Delmar had them back off big time. Unfortunately for Central, they will experience many games like this one this season.

DMA 12 Concord 4
St. E 8 Mt.Pleasant 6
Newark 11 St.Georges 8
Brandywine 8 A.I. Dupont 7

@DelmarMD - Just got done watching DelMar v. Poly. They need a lot of evolving/Coaching to learn to use their sticks as sticks and not clubs. Rough play is not the word for it, I would call it dirty play. They were athletic and in good shape tho.
This post was edited on 3/30 9:52 PM by CinqueB

If it was dirty play, then how come there were no calls for illegal body checks, or unreleasable penalties? Especially with the emphasis on high hits, game are being called tighter than ever before. I have seen a lot of lacrosse over the years and there really wasn't anything outright dirty going on in that game.

I have to admit that Delmar's offense really hasn't improved from last year, and in fact may have regressed. It is very disappointing to say the least. Delmar's roster is filled with underclassman who would normally be playing JV at any other school. To have mostly sophomores going against seniors is tough. However, they should be able to complete passes and generate some decent shots on goal. There isn't a lot of movement, cutting, etc going on and it seems as though everyone is waiting for one guy to carry the offense and that isn't going to work. I still believe the future looks brighter for the Cats, I just thought they would show some signs of it this year.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT