ADVERTISEMENT

Players to watch out for 2018-19 season:

There’s some Big Time Freshman that I believe will come in and make an immediate impact. There’s a dozen of them that will be playing in the One Journey All-Delaware Bowl on June 10th at Caravel. Come see them for yourself . The incoming freshman game will be played at 7:00pm. Click here for more details on the event www.onejourneysports.com/ojadb

Last edited:
Quick question, I thought I knew answer but figured I’d ask. Can sophomores go on official visits. Thought everything was unofficial till sept 1 of junior year.

Your correct. Everything else is lip service and BS. Furthermore until the letter of intent comes over the fax it’s all BS and even when you sighn the LOT it’s not guaranteed as coacheds over offer More scholarships than they have and you may not make the cut

Last edited:
25 max offers per year most schools offer 250 to 300 for only 25 spots. Early signing has changed up things a lot. Kids are pressured into committing early. Roost is correct nothing guaranteed until you sign. Then it’s still one year at a time. Sophomores are unofficial. However they are not all equal.
College coaches can, and will break communication rules often. If they really want you they will communicate with you somehow even as freshman or sophomores . Some coaches will just call you or tell you to call them. They can answer the phone if the athlete makes contact. Recruiting is changing rapidly. It’s becoming harder and harder to separate the BS from the real. Very sad the trends I’m seeing.

True kids are running around to these camps and combines to “collect” offers then they and their parents chest thump about them as if they made it. All the while some high school programs, websites, recruiting services etc. profit off these kids.

Amazing the amount of money made off a kids dream. No reason to pay for services.

On many occasions it’s not the kids dream but the parents. Not necessarily the parents dream but the parents perceived dreams of their kid. I say this from experience as I was one of those parents

On many occasions it’s not the kids dream but the parents. Not necessarily the parents dream but the parents perceived dreams of their kid. I say this from experience as I was one of those parents
Interesting “Perceived Dream of their Kid” couldn’t you have just asked him what he wanted to do? It’s much easier to get into college with academics, then chase football offers.

Reactions: 84rider
I heard Knight is going to pull a Sallies and play high school into his early 20s. Like kids from Sallies.

Did anyone else hear that??

Kane is better off staying at Tech.
Smyrna still has upside with that Freshman QB, he got quite a bit of playing time last year.

He isn’t leaving tech, also the starting PG on the basketball team

We shall see very soon! I think Smyrna will be very competitive, Judy has that program up and running! I think they will be 7-3...8-2 range...I just have high expectations for Sussex Tech. They have a very good Upcoming Junior and Senior class which have a couple years of varsity experience. They also have a couple of key transfers that will make an immediate impact!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT