ADVERTISEMENT

Playoff points final PREDICTION

Yeah you're clueless...more excuses than a man going to jail. I'm waiting to hear if Newark Charter is so much better than Cape then why did the lose to Conrad, Concord, St. Andrew's & get pounded on their homecourt during Senior Night by an Appo team that Cape beat handily by 14. Like I said they have 0 impressive wins. I'll give you that Cape is having a down year for their standards but looking at resume even at 8-12 they are more deserving that Newark Charter. I'll chalk this one up to you either not being a fan of Cape, or being a fan of Newark Charter...LoL

I've seen both Cape and Newark Charter. Charter is a decent team but could not beat Cape no matter what their records are. Cape is more battle tested with the schedule they played.

Reactions: 84rider
Glasgow, Mount Pleasant, and Dover are among the schools that generally don’t add box scores. Do some research dude.
I’m not the one that wants to see Dover, MTP, or Glasgow’s box scores lol. There’s a handful of things you can do to find these things out and one of them is not complaining about coaches not putting them up in a DEpreps forum. Or telling me to do research over who doesn’t do box scores. Sean Greene does plenty of research you could ask him via a tweet lol. I’m only trying to help giving the sources I know

Reactions: onejeron
The answer to your question is NO. Maybe Friends but not TH. Tatnall benefits from TH. Tower Hill beats Christiana and Tatnall gets 2 points for each of their losses to TH!
That’s crazy that Friends is 11-9 and Tatnall is 8-12. Friends beat Tatnall twice and may not go ahead of them. Lol

Just looked at schedules. System is broken. Lol. Friends beat Tatnall twice

Point system favors strength of schedule like in football how 6-4 teams get into playoffs over a 7-3 cupcake schedule team because of schedule. What's broken is when teams like Delmarva Christian plays NOBODY and ends up 18-2 and gets in over teams like Newark Charter, AI, Cape, and Smyrna.

Reactions: listening to noise
The answer to your question is NO. Maybe Friends but not TH. Tatnall benefits from TH. Tower Hill beats Christiana and Tatnall gets 2 points for each of their losses to TH!

Tower has to win to get a BYE. Must win game

Point system favors strength of schedule like in football how 6-4 teams get into playoffs over a 7-3 cupcake schedule team because of schedule. What's broken is when teams like Delmarva Christian plays NOBODY and ends up 18-2 and gets in over teams like Newark Charter, AI, Cape, and Smyrna.
You are definitely correct. It’s stupid when head to head doesn’t matter.

That’s crazy that Friends is 11-9 and Tatnall is 8-12. Friends beat Tatnall twice and may not go ahead of them. Lol
It’s a tough call though because Friends beat Tatnall twice, lost to St. Andrew’s twice but St. Andrew’s beat Friends twice...so what do you do now if no point system? Do you leave St. Andrew’s out? Or do you do something like go by who has the most quality wins or winning percentage against common opponents? Tough call all the way around which is why I like the point system because you know who is in & who is out without leaving it up to any board to make the call...can’t satisfy every team.

I can’t remember the last time the Independent Conference has 4/5 teams fighting for a spot in the tournament.

Cape is 1.75.. Looks like they in... SOS is way stronger than the other 1.75 teams. Probably one of toughest schedules in the State this year... 19 bonus points proves that..

It’s a tough call though because Friends beat Tatnall twice, lost to St. Andrew’s twice but St. Andrew’s beat Friends twice...so what do you do now if no point system? Do you leave St. Andrew’s out? Or do you do something like go by who has the most quality wins or winning percentage against common opponents? Tough call all the way around which is why I like the point system because you know who is in & who is out without leaving it up to any board to make the call...can’t satisfy every team.

I can’t remember the last time the Independent Conference has 4/5 teams fighting for a spot in the tournament.

You're right. Leaving it up to any board to make the call...WELL we see how that goes with officiating making a call in Delaware. LOL

Last edited:
Cape is 1.75.. Looks like they in... SOS is way stronger than the other 1.75 teams. Probably one of toughest schedules in the State this year... 19 bonus points proves that..

Let's say Tower Hill loses to Christiana tomorrow night. Christiana is in and takes a spot. Leaving Cape still is beneath the following 1.8 Teams
Delcastle, Friends, Archmere, and Tatnall who will grab the last few spots

Does Delmar and Woodbridge get bonus points because their football teams are good? Lol. I can’t believe how high they are seeded. CR beat Woodbridge by 40

Reactions: J12
One team is 11-9. Other is 8-12. 11-9 team beats 8-12 team twice. Tough call? Lol. Are you from Tatnall
Once again you are a little off...it is a 3-way here my friend that I am asking about if they all had the same point index for say only one or 2 spots left. If you add St. Andrew’s in the mix you have a 15-5 team who lost to the 8-12 team (Tatnall) twice but beat the 11-9 team (Friends) twice...do you ignore St. Andrew’s 2 head-to-head losses because Tatnall only had 8 wins? Each team would have argument no matter who gets in...this is assuming all 3 teams had the same total points/point index.

Once again you are a little off...it is a 3-way here my friend that I am asking about if they all had the same point index for say only one or 2 spots left. If you add St. Andrew’s in the mix you have a 15-5 team who lost to the 8-12 team (Tatnall) twice but beat the 11-9 team (Friends) twice...do you ignore St. Andrew’s 2 head-to-head losses because Tatnall only had 8 wins? Each team would have argument no matter who gets in...this is assuming all 3 teams had the same total points/point index.

As of now St. Andrews is sitting at a point index of 1.95, Friends and Tatnall both at 1.8. Assuming Tower Hill handles their business to be in position for that First Round Bye St. Andrews would be at a point index of 2.1 with Friends and Tatnall sitting at 1.9

No question St. Andrews should be in at 15-5. I just thought it was funny that there was a question between Friends and Tatnall. Friends has better record and beat them twice. It’s not rocket science

No question St. Andrews should be in at 15-5. I just thought it was funny that there was a question between Friends and Tatnall. Friends has better record and beat them twice. It’s not rocket science
Once again that wasn’t the question I was talking about & you don’t exactly come off as a rocket scientist so I would never have asked you if so. Head-to-head in a 2-team tie is always the first tiebreaker...which is why I mentioned in the other thread that AI will represent Flight B over Glasgow.

Lol. The rocket scientists are the ones who figured out the playoff system. AI could be Flight B Champs and just took CR overtime and not make the top 24 spots. Brilliant

Lol. The rocket scientists are the ones who figured out the playoff system. AI could be Flight B Champs and just took CR overtime and not make the top 24 spots. Brilliant
If AI is not in the top 26 spots, then Flight B would not get an automatic bid. The auto bid team would have to have a record over .500, which they do, and finish in the top 50% of eligible teams. There are 55 teams listed on websites4sports, and 53 appear eligible.

I’m not the one that wants to see Dover, MTP, or Glasgow’s box scores lol. There’s a handful of things you can do to find these things out and one of them is not complaining about coaches not putting them up in a DEpreps forum. Or telling me to do research over who doesn’t do box scores. Sean Greene does plenty of research you could ask him via a tweet lol. I’m only trying to help giving the sources I know
Where do you think he gets his box scores?? If the team’s don’t post them, you can’t “find these things out”. It’s that simple. There’s only one source for box scores: the schools.

Item 1. Tournament Field

A. The tournament field will be comprised of the following twenty-four (24) teams: the qualifying Conference/Flight/Division Champions from Blue Hen Flight A, Blue Hen Flight B, Henlopen North, Henlopen South, the Diamond State Conference and the Independent Conference, and eighteen (18) at-large teams or more if needed to fill out the 24 team bracket.

B. Eligible Teams

1. All teams must meet the criteria established by DIAA Regulation 1006.2.4 to be eligible for tournament consideration.

2. A team must play a minimum of fiftteen (15) regular season games at the varsity level in order to be considered for the tournament. Only those opponents who have played a minimum of fifteen (15) games at the varsity level will be included in a teams win loss percentage record and team index.

3. Teams may not schedule an opponent three (3) times during the regular season.

EXCEPTION: If a team is in a four or more team tournament and the progression bracket causes the team to play an opponent for a third time.

4. All teams’ schedules are locked in as of January 1, 2018. If a team has 18 games scheduled as of January 1, 2018, the team index and team percentage will be determined by 18 games.

C. Conference/Flight/Division Champions’ automatic berths will be determined by the following qualifying criteria:

1. The Conference/Flight/Division must consist of five participating schools to receive an automatic berth. If a Conference/Flight/Division has fewer than five participating teams, the teams are still eligible for at-large berths.

2. The champion must possess a .500 winning percentage record or better.

3. The champion must be in the top 50% of all eligible teams in the state tournament field.

4. The Conference must determine their Champion before the eligible game deadline, February 22, 2018. If the conference does not have an established method for determining its representative, the Committee will use the point index as the determining factor. If two or more teams will qualify for the tournament based on index, but are tied, the Committee will break the tie using the seeding criteria found in Item 2.C. D. The at-large teams will be selected according to the tournament point index system described in Item 2.B.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT