ADVERTISEMENT

Playoff points final PREDICTION

A system where you get rewarded for losing, has always left a bad taste in my mouth. But it is, what it is.
The real problem is that the state of Delaware doesn't take their high school sports seriously. They have no freaking coverage. You got to get on a F*ckin blog to find out whats going on. They got what... 4 people covering sports in the state at best. Delaware is small, but not that damn small. The rankings are like they are because they only know what they've known. They ain't seen who's doing what during the course of the season. It's just names. Oh they must be good again this year! It drives me nuts!!

The real problem is that the state of Delaware doesn't take their high school sports seriously. They have no freaking coverage. You got to get on a F*ckin blog to find out whats going on. They got what... 4 people covering sports in the state at best. Delaware is small, but not that damn small. The rankings are like they are because they only know what they've known. They ain't seen who's doing what during the course of the season. It's just names. Oh they must be good again this year! It drives me nuts!!
Including the radio stations and 302, you probably have 10-15 guys covering HS basketball & football. Still not a ton, but better than a handfull.
And the rankings don’t have anything to do with tournament qualification, so not sure it’s a huge deal.

No, and I wish the each coach would do their part and assign someone to handle that task..
A coach would never. Why would a coach bring publicity to a team. Keep their heads down and play who’s in front of them. This how St. E won last year. This years tournament will be veryy interesting (besides Sanford winning it all)

Reactions: Jules1127
How does putting out a box score bring publicity to a team? That doesn’t make any sense.
Yeah DE press doesn’t ask for box scores but they do have website for sports to post them. Not all do but IMO they should. If your a coach and think your gaining some competitive advantage by not posting stats your not in it for the kids. You see this nonsense in football as well. Most states the stats in basketball and football are known. Folks know who leads the state in rushing or in scoring in hoops. It only helps the college recruiters evaluate kids they want to look at. Or the voters for All State know who is doing what. Not just glad handing the kids from the same schools based on whatever. Do these coaches think the scouts just trust what they tell them? Anyway I agree post the box scores on website for sports and stats on maxpreps if the local press doesn’t care. Believe me your not fooling your opponents trying to hide a kids stats

Last edited:
How does putting out a box score bring publicity to a team? That doesn’t make any sense.
Yeah DE press doesn’t ask for box scores but they do have website for sports to post them. Not all do but IMO they should. If your a coach and think your gaining some competitive advantage by not posting stats your not in it for the kids. You see this nonsense in football as well. Most states the stats in basketball and football are known. Folks know who leads the state in rushing or in scoring in hoops. It only helps the college recruiters evaluate kids they want to look at. Or the voters for All State know who is doing what. Not just glad handing the kids from the same schools based on whatever. Do these coaches think the scouts just trust what they tell them? Anyway I agree post the box scores on website for sports and stats on maxpreps if the local press doesn’t care. Believe me your not fooling your opponents trying to hide a kids stats
Well box scores in the newspaper go pick one up

Lol 84. I haven’t seen one in 10 years. And the last time I did my lips got dry and my finger tips turned back.

Reactions: 84rider
A coach would never. Why would a coach bring publicity to a team. Keep their heads down and play who’s in front of them. This how St. E won last year. This years tournament will be veryy interesting (besides Sanford winning it all)
Exactly. St.E’s had players that didn’t care who got the buckets and headlines. Played unselfish ball and tough D. It’s called team basketball. Rubincam did a fantastic job of managing egos to win. AAU ball is a little different. Lol. Parents are also a little different.

My dad used to drink his coffee , eat his eggs with tobasco sauce and read that thing every morning

Ditto, same as most households when we grew up. I had to wait until he was finished with it so I could get the sports and comic sections. Another thing, pops was the only one allowed to open the paper first in my house. sh!t we were terrified to grab it first unless we were getting it for him lmao

Reactions: BackinBlack86
Exactly. St.E’s had players that didn’t care who got the buckets and headlines. Played unselfish ball and tough D. It’s called team basketball. Rubincam did a fantastic job of managing egos to win. AAU ball is a little different. Lol. Parents are also a little different.
What does this have to do with posting box scores of HS basketball games. Do you actually think players will play any differently if box scores of all games were posted?

Reactions: Patcomic
What does this have to do with posting box scores of HS basketball games. Do you actually think players will play any differently if box scores of all games were posted?
They are though lol. Every coach posts on their school website. You act like they need to do more. Media post them on DelawareOnline, DelawareSportsZone, 302Sports, newspapers, etc. What more do you want?

Christiana is in...they have won 7 in a row (including the win over Mt. Pleasant without Ali), sitting at 11-7 & with only one game left against Tower Hill where they will possibly get at least 2 points even w/ a loss in that game. They aren't even listed here as a team that just missed the cut, but if you look at their bonus points & do the math they are around the 16-18 seed range.

This could be interesting as the weather could cancel the TH game Wednesday. Assume it would be Thursday instead.

The complaining about coverage is kinda hilarious (every time I post about this I get closer to outing myself, but hey).

The people who do cover Delaware High School sports on a regular basis are doing the best they can under trying circumstances. News Journal's parent company announced layoffs last month and the folks that just bought WDEL and other stations are probably going to cut employees, so you're left with blogs and people who have to hold down regular jobs aside from covering sports because quite frankly, the money/resources/support ain't there.

That said, not posting box scores to avoid publicity might be one of the single stupidest things I've ever seen on a message board. Websites4Sports has it set up where all you have to do is just put the damn thing in, probably takes less than 5 minutes each night/morning/whenever. And just because Kid X drops 45 on Design Thinking/Freire/ECHS does not make a coach change his strategy or goes to the kid's head.

That said, not posting box scores to avoid publicity might be one of the single stupidest things I've ever seen on a message board. Websites4Sports has it set up where all you have to do is just put the damn thing in, probably takes less than 5 minutes each night/morning/whenever. And just because Kid X drops 45 on Design Thinking/Freire/ECHS does not make a coach change his strategy or goes to the kid's head.
Exactly.

https://www.websites4sports.com/
I’m having trouble understanding why you guys making it seem like a big deal like you can’t search “said school” followed by “hs basketball score” like it won’t come up... actually you can just click the link I gave you instead to make it even easier

Maybe not the best example, Dover shows only 3 box scores in their last 10 games, ijs

Remember picking up the paper and checking out all the box scores. You could check each game and they would have a list of all the scoring in the middle of the year and at the end.

absolutely, in the early to mid 80’s...DSN would have scoring leaders listing the top 5 or so in the Henlopen Conference

https://www.websites4sports.com/
I’m having trouble understanding why you guys making it seem like a big deal like you can’t search “said school” followed by “hs basketball score” like it won’t come up... actually you can just click the link I gave you instead to make it even easier
Glasgow, Mount Pleasant, and Dover are among the schools that generally don’t add box scores. Do some research dude.

Looks like Cape will be in Tourney .. Lol.. That win tonight got them in. Racked up 20 bonus points.. Lol..

Looks like Cape will be in Tourney .. Lol.. That win tonight got them in. Racked up 20 bonus points.. Lol..
19 bonus. Don't think they're in.

Dover x 2 = 4
CR x 2 = 4
Tech x 2 = 2
Lake = 2
Sanford = 2
Hudson Catholic = 2
Milford = 1
Saint Georges = 1
Appo = 1

Reactions: Dropping 3's
Lol. If they get in at 8-12 something is wrong with system. I saw them play twice. Newark Charter not getting in and they would beat Cape by 20+
@listening to noise ,The same Newark Charter who loss to Conrad, Concord, St. Andrew's & most recently blown out by Appo just last week by 18 on their Senior Night/who Cape just beat last night by 14???...is this the same team that would beat Cape by 20+??? The same Newark Charter team that beat Polytech by 4? The same Newark Charter team that has 0 wins over an above .500 team? That's laughable & makes no sense...I have got to hear the reasoning behind that statement. There is a reason that they have 13 wins & probably won't get in...terrible scheduling mooching off of the cupcakes not receiving too many bonus points.

And FYI...Dover got in last year at 9-11 w/ a #15 seed home game, they then gave #2 seed Sallies all they could handle losing 34-30. The point system rewards those playing the tough schedules & I'm all for that.

Last edited:
Dover was losing to Friends in the first round until the refs took over in the beginning of the fourth quarter. Lol. You really think Cape would beat Newark Charter. BTW Sallies was nobody last year. Donte graduated years ago.

Reactions: onejeron
Dover was losing to Friends in the first round until the refs took over in the beginning of the fourth quarter. Lol. You really think Cape would beat Newark Charter. BTW Sallies was nobody last year. Donte graduated years ago.
Yeah you're clueless...more excuses than a man going to jail. I'm waiting to hear if Newark Charter is so much better than Cape then why did the lose to Conrad, Concord, St. Andrew's & get pounded on their homecourt during Senior Night by an Appo team that Cape beat handily by 14. Like I said they have 0 impressive wins. I'll give you that Cape is having a down year for their standards but looking at resume even at 8-12 they are more deserving that Newark Charter. I'll chalk this one up to you either not being a fan of Cape, or being a fan of Newark Charter...LoL

Neither. Just downstate always trying to lobby against upstate. Cape stinks. It’s DELAWARE. If you have to lobby to get in you probably aren’t that good. That’s why I love living right in the middle of the state. I can laugh at both of you. Sanford is easily the best team I’ve seen. Heard Dover guards are great. Should be fun to watch. Being where I’m from I actually think St. Andrews is the best neighborhood team. Middletown and Appo not very impressive

Reactions: onejeron
You probably shouldn’t take things so personal on social media and call people you don’t know clueless. It’s immature and bad for the soul. These are called opinions. Everyone has them. Nothing personal. Do you really think Newark Charter and Cape are any good?

You probably shouldn’t take things so personal on social media and call people you don’t know clueless. It’s immature and bad for the soul. These are called opinions. Everyone has them. Nothing personal. Do you really think Newark Charter and Cape are any good?
It's social media, I doubt anything is taken personally so yeah I will carry on. No I don't think neither are too good & if so they were then we wouldn't be having the discussion of who barely gets in. I simply think Cape is more deserving resume-wise & actually like the point system because it is cut & dry. Delaware is small & realistically those #20-24 seeds probably won't make much noise anyways.

Last edited:
Reactions: listening to noise
19 bonus. Don't think they're in.

Dover x 2 = 4
CR x 2 = 4
Tech x 2 = 2
Lake = 2
Sanford = 2
Hudson Catholic = 2
Milford = 1
Saint Georges = 1
Appo = 1

And it looks like Delcastle and Tatnall are both sitting at 8-12 with 20 Bonus points each.Sooooooo.....Cape is definitely done!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT