ADVERTISEMENT

Point Guards..

To early to say anything , Ali is good don't get me wrong but he is very young and still has a lot to learn... He is good but let's relax on putting him over Rawls and Earl..
Not to early... Rawls and Earl are seniors.. Know where near the IQ Ali has and still have 2 years left.. People say Earl need time to gel with new players please. Ali come straight from Sallies and run the show at Mount like he been in program for 2 years and Rawls is just a scorer period..
Nothing else.. Ali will be best piont in state 3 years straight.. When you know how to feed your big man like he do .
Its not even close....

Fat Cat kid is pretty good too. He is easily better then Earl in my opinion. I like him and was good for a long time someone told me. Someone that really knows the kids said hands down. Earl 1 hit wonder. Cat been doing it for years

Reactions: ShowTalent40
Not to early... Rawls and Earl are seniors.. Know where near the IQ Ali has and still have 2 years left.. People say Earl need time to gel with new players please. Ali come straight from Sallies and run the show at Mount like he been in program for 2 years and Rawls is just a scorer period..
Nothing else.. Ali will be best piont in state 3 years straight.. When you know how to feed your big man like he do .
Its not even close....
Ali is also Playing with better players around him which is making it easier, put Earl on a team with Cramer and I'm pretty sure you'll get the same thing out of Cramer , &a more highlights for Earl to show how he is a good point playing with him , Glasgow new players having egos it's hard for any chemistry to be build cause they seem to all want the ball.

Reactions: Patcomic
In no particular order as no one team has been adequately challenged and we are only 5-6 games deep. There are many yard sticks to measure quality in that position. Lets see how they perform as the grind continues and to see who has kinks in their armor...

Ingle- not sure if he's a p-guard, if he is! My favorite...
Rawls
Earl- not seen him recently but looks to be popular in the forum
Fahmir
Kempski
Kiineph- "fatcat"
Alderman- only 2 games in so far

Reactions: DEHOOPSFAN302
Ali is also Playing with better players around him which is making it easier, put Earl on a team with Cramer and I'm pretty sure you'll get the same thing out of Cramer , &a more highlights for Earl to show how he is a good point playing with him , Glasgow new players having egos it's hard for any chemistry to be build cause they seem to all want the ball.
the question was best piont guard.... Not who playing with who.... So far nobody can tell me who is better as a complete piont guard than Ali... Didnt even mention he can play defense too... All around game as piont guard and control of team... Not close...

In no particular order as no one team has been adequately challenged and we are only 5-6 games deep. There are many yard sticks to measure quality in that position. Lets see how they perform as the grind continues and to see who has kinks in their armor...

Ingle- not sure if he's a p-guard, if he is! My favorite...
Rawls
Earl- not seen him recently but looks to be popular in the forum
Fahmir
Kempski
Kiineph- "fatcat"
Alderman- only 2 games in so far
Ingle pure scorer.. Thats it...

At mount I never thought I would see someone with as good of a basketball IQ as Burnett. Boy was I wrong Ali is going to better if he's not already better. He will be a huge part in the state championship at mount

At mount I never thought I would see someone with as good of a basketball IQ as Burnett. Boy was I wrong Ali is going to better if he's not already better. He will be a huge part in the state championship at mount
Coach Judy leting him run the show and thats great....

Wonder why teams down south are not ready to compete for titles? No PG's to be found. Smyrna? No. Cape? No. Henlopen North or South.....by committee. The kid from Poly a few years back.....Hicks was the last true point guard in the South. Rare find.

Reactions: SenatorPride
Wonder why teams down south are not ready to compete for titles? No PG's to be found. Smyrna? No. Cape? No. Henlopen North or South.....by committee. The kid from Poly a few years back.....Hicks was the last true point guard in the South. Rare find.
Cape has one now and he's only a freshman

Reactions: basketball24/7
Don't sleep on the Martini kid at PG.

If you watch this video you can see the big man "Chief" gains confidence as the game progresses.

For the life of me I can't see how Patcomic didn't have the first video on this.
Mark my word...Chief is a prospect.

Last edited:
Reactions: Patcomic and jvm3
If we talking pure pg and generals, my under radar generals are:
McCants -Newark: extension of coach, smart and can manage a game
Red Lion pg #23: solid quiet pg that gets job done. Settles that team. Never rattled.
Lil PERKINS- Sanford: another coaches son who has been Around game a long time. They just understand things much better. Young but very savvy . If he grows watch out.
Glasgow pg from we penn- red hair kid is really a tall pg that makes ok decision but tries be flashy but you can see if he was at another school he would be better.

Barnes at Cape isn't the consistent offensive scoring threat but he's had several 10+ games and the system they run doesn't allow him to be the true playmaker that he is. In the open court you can see his passing skills and good decision making. He will be much better next year.

Barnes and Corbin, not PG's at any level. Both athletic wing players forced into PG role at times. Barnes could develop into one, but unlikely, his skill set fits the 2/3. Still, no true PG's in the 2 southern counties? I would guess maybe only 5-7 true solid PG's in the entire state based on this thread.

Barnes and Corbin, not PG's at any level. Both athletic wing players forced into PG role at times. Barnes could develop into one, but unlikely, his skill set fits the 2/3. Still, no true PG's in the 2 southern counties? I would guess maybe only 5-7 true solid PG's in the entire state based on this thread.
Barnes is definitely a PG watching capes system might be throwing you off but he's a pure PG the kid knows how to set his teammates up he drops dimes but he does score well too even Chris Paul is average almost 19 ppg for his Career is he not a true PG?

Barnes is definitely a PG watching capes system might be throwing you off but he's a pure PG the kid knows how to set his teammates up he drops dimes.

The thing that throws me off is that he doesn't bring the ball up the floor, gets very few assists, and does not set up sets for the coach.

Barnes is definitely a PG watching capes system might be throwing you off but he's a pure PG the kid knows how to set his teammates up he drops dimes but he does score well too even Chris Paul is average almost 19 ppg for his Career is he not a true PG?
He in wrong system... Got to Leave Cape show his complete skills..

Reactions: basketball24/7
I think he could be a PG in time. Cape may not be best fit. I like him at the 2 with a PG that can set him up. 15-20 a game. A lot of PG potential is basketball IQ. Not sure where he is with that.

This is the problem with sports today. When something doesn't go someone's way the first response is to leave. Where would Cory transfer to be able to compete for a championship? Not one school in the Henlopen North nor South should beat Cape, despite what they showed against Milford.

I hate to tell you @DownStateRep23 but Cape not losing to the North or South doesn't prove your point very much. The South is pretty awful besides Woodbridge and Milford. The North is completely down this year. Smyrna is the only competition to Cape. So same thing as we talked about with Mount congrats to Cape for being the Henlopen champs but that's about all their winning.

This is the problem with sports today. When something doesn't go someone's way the first response is to leave. Where would Cory transfer to be able to compete for a championship? Not one school in the Henlopen North nor South should beat Cape, despite what they showed against Milford.
Sanford... It aint piont about leaving because things aint going right.. He just cant get better with that coach.. Why waste another year with that coaching... Answer that???

DUDE, talkCORBIN KID CAN DO IT ALL PERIOD.YOU GUYS SOMETIME JUST TALK, BARNES KID IS ALSO SUPER TALETED, LETS STAY REAL AND FOCUSED . SOME TEAMS IN DE GET MORE BBALL PLAYERS. HAVE YOU WATCHED THEM PLAY WITH BIGS STOP MAKING STATEMENTS OUT OF YA MOUTH YOU CANT POSSIBLY SPEAK ON

Barnes is a natural pg...

I think he could be a PG in time. Cape may not be best fit. I like him at the 2 with a PG that can set him up. 15-20 a game. A lot of PG potential is basketball IQ. Not sure where he is with that.

As I stated before he is a pure pg...cape system prevents the players from using their talents to be serious. Barnes just happened to grow to be 6'2 over the last year but he is a pg with great vision and passing skills.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT