ADVERTISEMENT

Post First Round Scores Here

No, If you go up 10 runs you deserve to save the pitching. Also mercy rule keeps teams from getting completely embarrassed.
I fully support the mercy rule, in the regular season. But with better teams in the playoffs, I don't think a 10-run lead is insurmountable. And I think the teams have earned the right to play the entire 7 inning game. Also, in the playoffs, I like the idea of making all teams have to pitch the same amount of innings.

Reactions: Huskerman7
I fully support the mercy rule, in the regular season. But with better teams in the playoffs, I don't think a 10-run lead is insurmountable. And I think the teams have earned the right to play the entire 7 inning game. Also, in the playoffs, I like the idea of making all teams have to pitch the same amount of innings.

No having a mercy rule in the playoffs would certainly make some interesting pitching decisions for the team in the lead.

U would have the team with the big lead throwing their 7 or 8 arm. Probably a kid who didn’t pitch all season. Sloppy mess.
Also will a coach thats going to be throwing his bottom arms and be bunting and stealing up 10 runs to build the biggest lead possible. Lots of hurt feelings.

U would have the team with the big lead throwing their 7 or 8 arm. Probably a kid who didn’t pitch all season. Sloppy mess.
Also will a coach thats going to be throwing his bottom arms be bunting and stealing up 10 runs to build the biggest lead possible. Lots of hurt feelings.

As a Milford fan, at this moment I oppose it in the post-season. LOL. Seriously, I hate one set of rules for the regular season and a different one for the post season. If you earn a mercy win, good for you and good for your pitching staff.

Part of sports is learning to play with a big lead. If you can’t manage your pitching with a 10-run lead, you ain’t doing it right.

Part of sports is learning to play with a big lead. If you can’t manage your pitching with a 10-run lead, you ain’t doing it right.

That’s fine.. but opposing coaches, players and parents need to understand it. When team with lead continues to pour it on and 10 run lead turns to 20, can’t have a bunch of butt hurt people.

Reactions: KnowitallDE
Concord beat AI, 6-5, with three runs in the bottom of the 7th. AI put on a clinic on how to try to beat a lower seed, small ball, put the ball in play, bunt, don't swing for fences, AI had 5-0 lead at one point. AI played great defense, particularly in infield. Concord had a lot of solid hits late in the game.

Last edited:
That was a fun first round. Four 1-run games. Several games decided in the last at bat.

Reactions: Chesdel
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT