ADVERTISEMENT

POY & 1st team AS team ?

Matthews from Newark Charter
3B from Sals, heard he is hitting over 500
Riley from St. George’s
Smith or Hines from DMA

not saying they are going to win, just stating that it’s not a 2 man race. Warrington is one of the more overrated played I’ve watched.
All great players but the pitching numbers Warrington and Davis put up are so much better

Don’t talk down about a kid to prove your point. Plenty of kids had good years. I personally believe Mathews is most talented pitcher in state, but not POY. Warrington and Davis both had ERA’s under 1 and batted over .400. Callahan batted over .550 but you can’t deny what warrington and Davis did.

Last edited:
Matthews from Newark Charter
3B from Sals, heard he is hitting over 500
Riley from St. George’s
Smith or Hines from DMA

not saying they are going to win, just stating that it’s not a 2 man race. Warrington is one of the more overrated played I’ve watched.
You might Want to check your glasses Because Warrington Is a very talented Baseball player

Don’t talk down about a kid to prove your point. Plenty of kids had good years. I personally believe Mathews is most talented pitcher in state, but not POY. Warrington and Davis both add ERA’s under 1 and batted over .400. Callahan batted over .550 but you can’t deny what warrington and Davis did.

Didn’t talk down on him I just haven’t seen him at his best. I’ve also only seen him play shortstop... heard he’s a better pitcher

“ Warrington is one of the more overrated played I’ve watched.“

That’s kind of talking sh$t on a kid. I don’t know the kid. Just know he has been nasty on the mound and one of the 4 pitchers no one is looking forward to facing in tournament.

Bash kids to prop yours. Baseball people are so crazy so glad I walked away years ago coaching and umpiring. Looking back the best day in my life was when my son told me he didn’t like baseball and didn’t want to play no more. You folks are nuts

Warrington or Davis are well deserving in my opinion. Callahan is also in the mix posting great numbers this year.
Warrington is far from overrated, great player, and even better kid.

I like Warrington this year, put Sussex Tech in a good spot that not a lot of people expected them to be in. Think if he pitches well in the 2nd round and gets a couple hits might seal the deal for POY

First guy mentioned Velasquez very great pitcher, batter and fielder. Don't agree with my point by any means but he will looked over since he is a junior so people will argue to give it to him next year but I've seen the kid Pitch, bat and play 3rd/SS kid is a ball player!

Pulling for Callahan since my son is a charter alumi but Davis was the best player/pitcher this year on the best team numbers don’t lie

All good candidates. You have to give Nelson credit for being a team player, giving up individual stats to benefit the team. He seemed to be used a lot in relief to ensure W's for Friends. He should be really fresh for the playoffs.

I believe Warrington and Davis are front runners. What ought to be done is break down each players stats against teams that made the tournament. That will settle the debate on who should win.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT