ADVERTISEMENT

Team States

Restler89

Towel boy
Sep 26, 2022
With the first round coming up Wednesday, who is gonna get seeded where, who has the best chances, and who are this years dark horses? Personally, i think sussex is the clear favorite, i believe they will see Caesar Rodney in the semis and win handedly. Sallies and Cape will make good arguements for #2 and #3 but based of common opponents i think Sallies gets the 2. That dual will definitely be a good one matchup wise. I either of those 2 teams can get it done over Sussex but it would have to be a huge show of effort.

Nobody is beating Central in D1. Unless they unfortunately get sick, nobody is touching that lineup. D2, DMA and St Marks will be a hell of a finals. Not sure if Spoor will be back or not. Everybody calling St. Marks the heavy favorite early in the season after they gained some nice recruits from Red Lion and I still see DMA beating them. Vinnie better hit up some more kids from Red Lion this offseason. I’m just interested in what teams actually make it. 8 teams each division right?

D1 - SC, Sallies, Cape, CR, WP, Middletown?, St. George’s?, Milford?

D2 - DMA, St. Marks, Laurel, Lake Forest, IR, Conrad?, Concord? Tower Hill?

Last edited:
Nobody is beating Central in D1. Unless they unfortunately get sick, nobody is touching that lineup. D2, DMA and St Marks will be a hell of a finals. Not sure if Spoor will be back or not. Everybody calling St. Marks the heavy favorite early in the season after they gained some nice recruits from Red Lion and I still see DMA beating them. Vinnie better hit up some more kids from Red Lion this offseason. I’m just interested in what teams actually make it. 8 teams each division right?

D1 - SC, Sallies, Cape, CR, WP, Middletown?, St. George’s?, Milford?

D2 - DMA, St. Marks, Laurel, Lake Forest, IR, Conrad?, Concord? Tower Hill?
D1
SC
Sallies
Cape
CR
WP
Milford
Smyrna
ST

D2
St Marks by common opponent pt diff
DMA
Laurel
Lake
Caravel
TH
Red Lion
AI DuPont

Agree SC gonna be tough to beat. Dma St Marks will be good if St Marks is healthy.

Last edited:
D1
SC
Cape
Sallies
CR
WP
Milford
Smyrna
ST/St Georges

If St. George’s wins Blue Hen they are in and ST is out.

D2
St Marks by common opponent pt diff
DMA
Laurel
Lake
Caravel
TH
Red Lion
AI DuPont

Agree SC gonna be tough to beat. Dma St Marks will be good if St Marks is healthy.
I know Red Lion has wrestled a lot of D1 teams but they are most likely going to finish with a 2-10 dual meet record and from what I heard they lost a few kids recently due to grades. It looks like they have about 5 forfeits now. I would say give that spot to a IR or Delmar or Woodbrige something along those lines.

I know Red Lion has wrestled a lot of D1 teams but they are most likely going to finish with a 2-10 dual meet record and from what I heard they lost a few kids recently due to grades. It looks like they have about 5 forfeits now. I would say give that spot to a IR or Delmar or Woodbrige something along those lines.
They can’t give spot away because they think a team is better now. Unless something has changed. You don’t get punished for bad record. It’s based on criteria. They beat Delmar. If they apply they will get spot.

If you allow argument they don’t have what they had 2 months ago, then you would have to allow “they beat us by 6 but we were missing two starters”.

If they don’t apply then spot prolly go to Delmar

I agree, but unless I’m missing something on track I could see D2…
1-DMA
2-Laurel
3-Saint Marks
4-Lake Forest
5-Caravel
6-Delmar
7-Tower Hill
8-A. I DuPont

Everybody calling St. Marks the heavy favorite early in the season after they gained some nice recruits from Red Lion and I still see DMA beating them. Vinnie better hit up some more kids from Red Lion this offseason.
If you have proof of someone breaking the rules feel free to report it to DIAA. By not doing so you could be hurting the sport as much as those breaking the rules. If no one is breaking any rules then lets not slander programs that strive for high quality in order to provide our kids with better opportunities.

That being said - I think that Lake, CR, WP are each peaking well at the right time, not to mention a good portion of duals between top teams have been decided by less than 15 points. Interested to see who makes the field to round out D2.

If you have proof of someone breaking the rules feel free to report it to DIAA. By not doing so you could be hurting the sport as much as those breaking the rules. If no one is breaking any rules then lets not slander programs that strive for high quality in order to provide our kids with better opportunities.

That being said - I think that Lake, CR, WP are each peaking well at the right time, not to mention a good portion of duals between top teams have been decided by less than 15 points. Interested to see who makes the field to round out D2.
Haha. I disagree on your take. Wouldn’t say that Lake is peaking.

I don’t know about Sussex central being untouchable, very tough to beat yes but definitely not unbeatable. Last year central was undefeated and still lost in the semis, I don’t think anyone is ever unbeatable, unless we have a 2010 st marks caliber team. if the other teams strategize and show up with more want they could get it done but as of now the way Sussex is winning is through toughness and heart which is why I do agree it be hard to beat the, but not impossible.

Only match up I've heard so far is #2 seed DMA vs #7 seed Red Lion. I'm sure that all the seeds will ve released some time today

Reactions: ColonialGrad
I don’t know about Sussex central being untouchable, very tough to beat yes but definitely not unbeatable. Last year central was undefeated and still lost in the semis, I don’t think anyone is ever unbeatable, unless we have a 2010 st marks caliber team. if the other teams strategize and show up with more want they could get it done but as of now the way Sussex is winning is through toughness and heart which is why I do agree it be hard to beat the, but not impossible.
Hard to imagine that anybody is untouchable. I will say that the gap between Central and Sallies is a bit bigger this year than last. If SC comes and wrestles their way and sets the tone, they will be just fine. Should be fun to watch.

Like I said SC was untouchable this year. Would’ve been better if DMA wrestled them over Cape. Vinnie might want to head back to Red Lion to get some more kids because the 3 he brought wasn’t enough this year.

Just saw SC was up 36-16 over CH with 3 matches remaining , ff the last 3 for a 36-34 win

The match was never really close. Central dominated from the beginning. Congratulations to Coach Miller and team on an outstanding year.

Last edited:
Congrats to SC...they looked great and were really able to get those scores up and uncatchable. And congrats to DMA had to wrestle a full lineup from St. Marks. Really a lot of fun matches to watch. Biggest surprise was Mundy getting the tech fall over Menickella. That and the Roy pin at 157 were the big sparks for DMA

Reactions: Restler89
Congrats to SC...they looked great and were really able to get those scores up and uncatchable. And congrats to DMA had to wrestle a full lineup from St. Marks. Really a lot of fun matches to watch. Biggest surprise was Mundy getting the tech fall over Menickella. That and the Roy pin at 157 were the big sparks for DMA
There definitely was a lot more exciting matches on the D2 mat. Nice to see DMA take that match.

Coaches had both those teams ready to wrestle. Mundy was very impressive. Indy Conference should be fire. I could see 10 state champs coming out of Indy again. Looking forward to this weekend.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT