ADVERTISEMENT

Predictions today ?

Some good games today. I believe the teams that can withstand the cold weather and high winds best today, win.
St Marks big
Sussex Tech by a small margin
Poly by a small margin

Reactions: urbaseballdaddy
I ate my words. SC over Tech and IR over Poly. I hear a lot of good things about that IR team but I looked at their next three games (Dover, Smyrna, St Marks)...going to be tough

NCS 8 - 7 - 3
CA 12 - 8 - 4

NCS Kelby (L), Mathews, Harach
CA Silan (W), Croce, Holiday.

I saw that STech and Smyrna was suspended due to darkness, 2-2 bottom of 7th. Any thoughts on the game and when & how will the DIAA finish the game ?

Pitch Counts:
ST
B. Parks(84) & HR
J. Kay(23)
A. Kapela(42)
Smy
A. Unterreiner(85)
H. Barr(43)

CR has outscored its three opponents 54-2. Poor competition or dominance by CR? Havent got a chance to see them yet.

CR has outscored its three opponents 54-2. Poor competition or dominance by CR? Havent got a chance to see them yet.
Poor competition, but pitching and defense have clearly shown up thus far.

FSMA is a first year varsity program that went 1-8 as a JV squad last year. Hanging 27 on them wasn't a big deal. They have 4 juniors and 8 sophomores while the rest are freshman. also, if you look on their schedule, they do not have a home game listed and are thus on the docket to play 18 on the road.

Laurel is coming off their best season in the last 4 but graduated 5 seniors off that team and have no seniors this year. They have 9 juniors on a team that has averaged 5 wins over the last 3 years.

The Milford game was a scoreless ball game until Ervin's HR popped the cork in the 5th. Then Milford's inexperience showed in 38 degree weather...dropped popups on the infield, walks, 2 runs score on a wild pitch, Thru 6 innings CR had only hit 3-4 balls hard. If things play out the way they should, that should have been about a 4-0 victory.

Reactions: XVikingkid

a combination of both, poor competition & good young team, missing one of our better young guys rigby....not enough to compete with cape,sc or stech but they will be very competitive......dont sleep on them or look past them or they could upset some teams.

Appo was up 6-1 when I left to go watch the Red Sox. Newark looked bad.

DE-Sussex how did Milford look yesterday? What do you think their ceiling is with Greenly and Reichhold on the bump?

Yesterday, Milford's bats came alive a bit and showed some patience at the plate. After being shut out on Monday, I know they were ready to come out and get the monkey off their back. Hilligoss pitched well for the Bucs and is one of those crafty lefty's that doesn't overpower you but keeps you off balance and can spot the ball in and out. His ball has a fair amount of movement. He's a serviceable starter for sure. The defense also decided to show up too so that helps.

Not sure yet what Greenly's role is gonna be on the mound. He certainly is capable of being a number 1 type guy. Last year I think he only made 1 start vs. Cape but came in several times in relief to close. He throws hard and mixes a decent curve. Reichold is a top of the rotation guy with swing and miss stuff and being only a sophomore he's only gonna get stronger. Both of these guys can be a handful and more than capable of winning games. My only concern is how deep will they be able to go in games because the bullpen is inexperienced at the varsity level. The other concern is that they are going to have to throw a gem and win a low scoring contest. I don't expect the offense to go out and score a bunch.

The bullpen imploded vs. CR giving up 8 runs in 1.2 innings. Similar story yesterday vs Woodbridge, taking a 5 run lead into the final inning, yielding 4 runs, leaving the tying run on 3rd and getting the batter to popup after ripping several balls foul.

The Bucs offense is only returning 4 regular starters, so a lot of youth and inexperience at the Varsity level. They have a couple other guys who made spot starts here and there last year, but overall, the youth will have to step up.

Reactions: 84rider
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT