ADVERTISEMENT

Public vs Private Finals

All season long it has been cape vs st marks on final
Nothing has changed
As in most baseball seasons the Best remain standing

Not counting Dover out at all but to say they will man handle Cape imo is absurd, good luck to both teams.

Dover manhandling Cape is highly unlikely. I think Cape wins the whole thing - they'll beat Dover and St. Mark's/Caravel will likely use up all their energy trying to beat each other.

What are the tournament pitch count rules? Same as regular season? 205 pitches per 7 days? Caravel has an issue. Both #1 and #2 pitchers are pretty much used up for pitching on Friday. Holiday threw 97 and needs 3 days rest. Silan pitched 110 pitches on Saturday and 42 yesterday. 152 total. Does that mean he can only throw 53 pitches on Friday? If that is the case does Caravel start Silan or use him in relief? They could use him for 50 on Friday and still have him for relief on Sunday.

What are the tournament pitch count rules? Same as regular season? 205 pitches per 7 days? Caravel has an issue. Both #1 and #2 pitchers are pretty much used up for pitching on Friday. Holiday threw 97 and needs 3 days rest. Silan pitched 110 pitches on Saturday and 42 yesterday. 152 total. Does that mean he can only throw 53 pitches on Friday? If that is the case does Caravel start Silan or use him in relief? They could use him for 50 on Friday and still have him for relief on Sunday.
Item 13.
Pitching Limitations A. The Pitch Limit Policy approved by the DIAA Board of Directors for the 2018 season is in effect for the 2018 Baseball State Tournament.
1. Pitch Limits: Pitches Thrown Rest Period 1-25 None (no days) 26-50 1 day 51-80 2 days 81-105 3 days 2. There is a 105 pitch limit in any one day. The pitcher may finish the batter if the 105 pitch count is reached during the at bat.
3. A maximum of 205 pitches may be thrown in a 7 day period.
4. A player is ineligible to pitch in the second game of a double header if during the first game he does any one of the following: a. Throws 25-39 pitches in two (2) consecutive innings, and/or b. Throws more than 40 pitches in any one inning 5. The pitcher starting the second game of a double header will be held to the 105 pitch limit. Any pitches thrown during the first game will be counted towards this 105 pitch limit for the day.

Great question.

Reactions: 84rider
So, Dover has Velasquez for 75 tops on Friday too. If Caravel get by St Marks and keep Silan under 50, they would have him for the whole game on Sunday and Holiday too.

So, Dover has Velasquez for 75 tops on Friday too. If Caravel get by St Marks and keep Silan under 50, they would have him for the whole game on Sunday and Holiday too.

Not sure how Caravel gets by St Marks without Silan or Holiday. They pretty much only have pitched 2 pitchers all year. The whole situation says a lot about teams playing more games and developing more pitchers during the season. I think the playoff schedule is bogus too with teams able to use their #1 3 out of 4 tourney games.

Reactions: 84rider and Agelof
Not sure how Caravel gets by St Marks without Silan or Holiday. They pretty much only have pitched 2 pitchers all year. The whole situation says a lot about teams playing more games and developing more pitchers during the season. I think the playoff schedule is bogus too with teams able to use their #1 3 out of 4 tourney games.
Agreed on the schedule. The start date stayed and each round moved a day out a day. It was Sat/Tues/Thurs/Sat. Everyone would have been stretched by the 205 count. Maybe not Cape...

Dover is in bad shape with pitching unless it gets rained out on Friday.. Dom can’t go the whole game and already without Davis so pitching is very light for them. I would favor Cape just because of their pitching but you never know.

Maybe Moxley did just get lucky beating St. George’s. He used up half of his #1 pitcher’s pitches for Friday’s game against St. Mark’s. With Silan only beable to pitch 50 so pitches against St. Mark’s and not having their #2 available who else does Caravel have. Tyler Croce, Kevin Keister? Croce, I don’t even think pitched 7 innings the whole season. This could be interesting.

Maybe Moxley did just get lucky beating St. George’s. He used up half of his #1 pitcher’s pitches for Friday’s game against St. Mark’s. With Silan only beable to pitch 50 so pitches against St. Mark’s and not having their #2 available who else does Caravel have. Tyler Croce, Kevin Keister? Croce, I don’t even think pitched 7 innings the whole season. This could be interesting.

Didn't Croce win the championship game last year pitching for Caravel? Why didn't he play this year? Injury?

Do they empty the stadium between semi games? How is that possible with only 3 hours between starts?

I'm pretty sure that they do. It's only a few hundred people, and they have at least 30 minutes between games regardless of when the first one ends.

I'm pretty sure that they do. It's only a few hundred people, and they have at least 30 minutes between games regardless of when the first one ends.

Never did this in the past. At least not before last year! Why don’t they just charge $8 and be done with it? Not like they have a seating issue like basketball.

Reynolds seems to be there #3 from the box scores. Keister and Tracey after that. Croce hasn't thrown since April 10th... which was against St. Marks so maybe we'll see

Never did this in the past. At least not before last year! Why don’t they just charge $8 and be done with it? Not like they have a seating issue like basketball.
That is just stupid to make people leave, wait outside, then re-admit. I'd be happy to pay the extra two bucks not to be bothered with that nonsense.

Caravel definitely should not be doubted at this point as all season they have been mashing baseballs because their lineup is DEEP. Even though Keister hasn’t pitched much this season he can’t be counted out, kids a fierce competitor and will contend with anyone he faces, even on the mound. Yes, Croce pitched the championship last year and has good experience in the tournament over the past few years. Caravel can’t be counted out just yet. Should be a good game!
I wonder whose dad this is

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT