ADVERTISEMENT

Quarterfinal Tickets

oldtimer22

All-State
Nov 16, 2007
Just noticed they are selling the quarterfinals tickets as 2 separate sessions. 2 games per session. Check statechamps.com/diaa First starts at 1 PM and I guess they will clear the gym and the second starts at 6 PM. Wow talk about greedy! I can't imagine the chaos this is going to cause too. If first game starts at 1 would bet second at 2:45 or 3? Maybe end at 4:30? What are you supposed to do with 90 minutes? Might be 5 before you can get out of the parking lot. I guess you could run out to your car touch it and head back in?

Folks shouldn't go. Time to take a stand vs the greed.
Greedy aint word.. But i know where they got the idea from.. Slam Dunk To The Beach had 2 sessions .. The reason why.. People can pay to see there school and dont want to stay the whole day...

Idea from Slam Dunk....c'mon man!!! There is life outside of Delaware. The NCAA tournament has been doing 2 sessions for years.

W
Idea from Slam Dunk....c'mon man!!! There is life outside of Delaware. The NCAA tournament has been doing 2 sessions for years.
Well took them 50 years.. So they defenily didnt get it from NCAA Tourney.. DIAA aint that smart.. Reality...

If I had to guess, I would say it was because of what happened last year. Tons of people standing outside trying to get in and no tickets to sell. I know it was a worst case scenario last year with the double OT game, but it was nuts. There were a lot of people on that line and all they were getting told was that maybe, they would get more tickets as people left. Remember, that was just the second game, so you had people that were wanting to watch games 3 and 4 standing out there for a LONG time.

It is not the great money grab that it sounds like IMHO, they were re-selling the tickets anyway and still making the money. Then there is the staff that has to work the games, it might have been a labor violation to work as long as they did without getting a break. $16 for four basketball games of that quality is not a lot of money either.

Reactions: hoopsdownstate
Some of us like the idea of buying a ticket for the day and watching games all day. This is a little different than then the Slam. All day pass holders can stay in the food area not have to leave the facility. Hang out eat for 45 minutes then head back into the gym. Most stayed for both sessions. How hard is it going to be to clear a gym of up to 5,000 people into a parking lot then have them re-enter? Or even better have 5,000 leave and another 5,000 showing up at the same time for the second session. All in maybe 90 minutes. The parking lot will be a mess.

Some of us like the idea of buying a ticket for the day and watching games all day. This is a little different than then the Slam. All day pass holders can stay in the food area not have to leave the facility. Hang out eat for 45 minutes then head back into the gym. Most stayed for both sessions. How hard is it going to be to clear a gym of up to 5,000 people into a parking lot then have them re-enter? Or even better have 5,000 leave and another 5,000 showing up at the same time for the second session. All in maybe 90 minutes. The parking lot will be a mess.
I agree that leaving and having to re-enter is a pain, but I seriously doubt there are actually 5,000 people per session. Or even anything close to that. So it would be realistic to assume they will have 45 minutes to have the vehicles that are not staying for both sessions to exit the parking lot. Not unrealistic.
The reason I added the comment about the staff needing a break into the equation is, how closely they scheduled the games, just 1 1/2 hours apart. A more realistic scheduling for the day puts the event at running 8-9 hours (for the workers). By law, the staff needs a break. With the break, this would also lower overtime costs as well.
I still think the reason is, what was happening outside as the 3 OT Delcastle game was going on last year. There were fans from 4 teams, trying to get in and they were confused and anxious. There was not a whole lot of information getting to them, other then they were told they would probably be able to get a ticket at some point. Under the right circumstances, the crowd wanting to get in could have been much larger, thereby becoming a safety issue.
I think they took a long hard look at this and felt they had to try and change it up a bit.

If I had to guess, I would say it was because of what happened last year. Tons of people standing outside trying to get in and no tickets to sell. I know it was a worst case scenario last year with the double OT game, but it was nuts. There were a lot of people on that line and all they were getting told was that maybe, they would get more tickets as people left. Remember, that was just the second game, so you had people that were wanting to watch games 3 and 4 standing out there for a LONG time.

It is not the great money grab that it sounds like IMHO, they were re-selling the tickets anyway and still making the money. Then there is the staff that has to work the games, it might have been a labor violation to work as long as they did without getting a break. $16 for four basketball games of that quality is not a lot of money either.
You are correct. Last year was terrible! Long line trying to buy tickets, none for sale, but plenty of empty seats inside!

You should know your team is playing in the quarters on the 3rd for games played on the 5th. If I had a team in the quarters I would not be driving to the Bob in hopes of maybe securing a ticket.

Reactions: hoopsdownstate
You should know your team is playing in the quarters on the 3rd for games played on the 5th. If I had a team in the quarters I would not be driving to the Bob in hopes of maybe securing a ticket.
Had to do it cause of another commitment earlier in the day. People were coming out telling us the place was only 60% full, but officials from DIAA were telling us it was sold out!

People were coming out telling us the place was only 60% full, but officials from DIAA were telling us it was sold out!
It was, technically, sold out. Every ticket had been sold. Of course, those who didn't want to watch all four games were leaving, and there was no way to re-sell those tickets, so there were plenty of empty seats as the day wore on. It's nearly impossible to count how many people were leaving, then let that many people in. I know DIAA has agonized about how to handle this. The two-session plan is worth a shot.

The problem was, those that were leaving were not turning there tickets in to be re-sold.

So I bought tickets for the quarters and final 4. Seems they make you download them to a smart phone. I did but made me wonder, what about people who don't have a smart phone? Also, there is no visible bar code on the downloaded ticket. Is that right?

Stupid question time - have they announced which games are going to be in which session. Isn't on the brackets I've seen but may have just missed any announcements.

So I bought tickets for the quarters and final 4. Seems they make you download them to a smart phone. I did but made me wonder, what about people who don't have a smart phone? Also, there is no visible bar code on the downloaded ticket. Is that right?
Can you tell me wat website you use and can you get finałs ticket too??

Its the same outfit that Mount uses for online tickets. When you get to the gate they open the ticket on your phone and swipe. So dont open the ticket on cell phone as you may void it.

As an admitted germaphobe, I don't want anyone but me touching my phone! You all know 8Yaz has issues.
Ok, get some hand sanitizer, 1 pair non latex gloves, lysol spray...Have the ticket agent clean his/ her hands with sanitizer, put on the gloves and swipe your phone, then spray your phone with Lysol. You should be ok

Reactions: 8yaz and 84rider
If the ticket agent is a Sals grad you my need to burn the phone, otherwise you wouldn't be able to sleep at night...terrifying!

Reactions: 8yaz
Its the same outfit that Mount uses for online tickets. When you get to the gate they open the ticket on your phone and swipe. So dont open the ticket on cell phone as you may void it.
So what if you buy more than one ticket and get there at different times? How does it work with a single phone ticket? I usually buy 4 for each game. Buy at the same time so a few of us can sit together. Only bought 2 this year.

Ok, get some hand sanitizer, 1 pair non latex gloves, lysol spray...Have the ticket agent clean his/ her hands with sanitizer, put on the gloves and swipe your phone, then spray your phone with Lysol. You should be ok
Thanks, sounds like a plan!!

So what if you buy more than one ticket and get there at different times? How does it work with a single phone ticket? I usually buy 4 for each game. Buy at the same time so a few of us can sit together. Only bought 2 this year.
Wondering the same thing! What if you get there at different times?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT