10. Cape
11. St. George
12. Smyrna
13. Milford
14. S. Central
15. P. Tech
16. Newark
17. DMA

The season is almost over and this is how I see the top 16. In my opinion, there are maybe 9-12 teams that could win this years State Championship Tournament (with a little luck). Anyway, I welcome all comments so let me know your thoughts.

GOOD LUCK TO ALL PLAYERS THIS WEEK!

Last edited:
Like your picks but I think it is hard not to include Tower Hill, I do realize that they play their conference teams 3 times but very hard to overlook the 14 wins they have, that is impressive for any team to accomplish. I like Newark to be in your top 16 also, only because they beat #16 DMA.

Like your picks but I think it is hard not to include Tower Hill, I do realize that they play their conference teams 3 times but very hard to overlook the 14 wins they have, that is impressive for any team to accomplish. I like Newark to be in your top 16 also, only because they beat #16 DMA.
This week will be very interesting for sure, teams will be eliminated with losing and some teams will finish early and have to wait for their fate until next Wednesday in some cases

I have to agree with country. Too many years where TH ran up a gaudy record against weak opponents and then lost in the first round. I think they've only played 2 teams from his Top 17, and they lost both of those games.

Gone Country....Thanks for the rankings. I agree with your top 10 teams, just differ a little with the teams spots. In my opinion i still like St Marks over Dover. St marks has 5 wins over top 10 teams. Caravel has 4 but beat St Markss. Dover only has 2 wins against top ten teams. I dont really like Sallies jumping Appo, since Appo beat Sallies, but i can buy it.

I agree with you to leave Tower Hill out still. I don't mean to be harsh, but there are a lot of teams i would rank ahead of Tower Hill. I don't mean to take away from the team winning 14 games but i feel like more than half the teams would probably be 14-2 with that schedule. I have TH at #24 to be honest. I think all 17 teams on Gone Country's rankings are better. Hands down. Of the teams NOT on the list, I think CR is much better and would EASILY have a 14-2 record with that schedule. I also think Mtown, Charter and Penn would beat TH. I also ranked St E & MtP higher because both beat a Top 10 team this year. But i do realize TH did beat St E so maybe i'm being a little harsh. Just my opinion though.

The other teams in Tower Hill's conference are a combined 19-41. No team with a winning record and St. Andrew's is 0-15. TH is no way a top twenty team.

Just to be fair to TH...they have to play their 12 conference games per year, so they only get 6 non conference games. But with those opportunities they chose to play Sallies, St E, Milford, Archmere, Charter and Wilm Christian. Thats a pretty solid schedule of non conference games. So i give TH credit for having a decent non conference schedule. I still stand by my opinion that they aren't in the top 20, but I give them credit for their non conference schedule.

I just wish their conference would change to just 2 games against each conference member. That would give them 8 conference games and 10 non conference games. With 4 extra games they could pick up a Henlopen North team, maybe another Henlopen South team like Delmar/Lake, maybe a team like Hodgson/St Georges and another Flight A team or a team like Conrad/DMA.

Now that would be a schedule. They most likely wouldn't win 15 games, but they wouldn't hurt their playoff chances and they would only get better by playing better competition throughout the year. That goes for each of the teams in the conference. The whole conference would get stronger i believe by playing better competition.

Reactions: DETitans
Just to be fair to TH...they have to play their 12 conference games per year, so they only get 6 non conference games. But with those opportunities they chose to play Sallies, St E, Milford, Archmere, Charter and Wilm Christian. Thats a pretty solid schedule of non conference games. So i give TH credit for having a decent non conference schedule. I still stand by my opinion that they aren't in the top 20, but I give them credit for their non conference schedule.

I just wish their conference would change to just 2 games against each conference member. That would give them 8 conference games and 10 non conference games. With 4 extra games they could pick up a Henlopen North team, maybe another Henlopen South team like Delmar/Lake, maybe a team like Hodgson/St Georges and another Flight A team or a team like Conrad/DMA.

Now that would be a schedule. They most likely wouldn't win 15 games, but they wouldn't hurt their playoff chances and they would only get better by playing better competition throughout the year. That goes for each of the teams in the conference. The whole conference would get stronger i believe by playing better competition.
I agree with you OldSkool, TH needs to beef up their schedule to get ready for the tourney, they never seem to be ready for the 1st round.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT