ADVERTISEMENT

Rankings as of March 27, 2016

oldskool42

In the weight room getting big
Apr 30, 2012
I know its a little early to be coming up with rankings, especially since not every team has played yet. So my rankings basically still reflect my preseason rankings with slight adjustments for games this past week.

1. Appo (2-0) - defending champs and picked up 2 wins this past week
2. St Marks (1-0) - impressive win over Hodgson
3. Caravel (1-0) - come from behind win over a decent out of state team
4. Tech (1-0) - big win over Central and a 9 inning tie with Mtown
5. Dover (3-0) - come from behind over Lake and 2 dominant out of state wins
6. Cape (1-0) - win over Milford
7. Smyrna (2-0) - 2 nice wins over Delmar & IR
8. Polytech (2-0) - scored 34 runs over IR & Lake
9. St Georges (1-0) - shutout over WP
10. Sallies (0-0) - Did not play yet

Other in no particular order
Mtown (1-0) - comeback win over DMA and a 9 inning tie with Tech
Archmere (1-0) - shutout of Newark
Milford (2-1) - wins over CR & TH but lost to Cape
DMA (1-1) - win over Mt P and late loss to Mtown
Conrad (1-0) - win over Charter
St E (1-0) - win over Concord
Glasgow (1-0) - win over A.I.
Wilm Christian (1-0) - big win over Delmarva Christian
RLCA (2-0) - big wins over Howard and Bwine
Central (2-1) - 2 big wins over out of state teams and big loss to Tech
Wood (1-0) - win over Seaford

CA win over "decent" oos team. WP Charter has one kid going to Miami, one going to UConn and one going to National Champ Virginia. They were ranked third in Pennsylvania. They're a little bit better than decent. Fraley basically single handily won that game with his pitching and a three-run double. Without him they lose for sure.

Rankings look good. Might switch Dover and Smyrna but got the right teams. The Henlopen North is loaded geez.

Appo. could go 4 and 4 in their first 8 games but have a pretty easy second half of schedule .

Appo had a tough week, losing 2 games in extra innings to get them to a 2-2 record. But there isn't a lot of shame when your losses are only to top 5 teams. But they still have Cape on Saturday....that could be another loss??? They will take a hit in the rankings for sure.

St Marks has been dominant scoring 38 runs and only allowing 1 run (granted it was Hodgson, CR & ST E).

Sallies 2 wins against good teams (St G & Appo)

Dover is 5-0...but Poly has been their only test.

Cape 2-0 against 2 pretty decent teams (Milford & Mtown)

Conrad outscoring their 3 opponents (Charter, Dickinson, Bwine) 50-3.

Red Lion 2-0
St Andrews 3-0
Concord 2-1
Hodgson is 0-4. They will be very happy to play Bwine and Christiana next on the schedule

I believe those are still the best 10 teams in the state. Appo and Tech both will drop due to both losing two games. Dover may up a couple spots beating a good Polytech team 3-1. Smyrna should move up beating Appo 7-6. St.George may be 9 or 10 after losing to Sallies. Polytech should stay the same after losing to a really good Dover team. Caravel and St.Marks are both undefeated still and should be 1 or 2. Appo is still a good team a few loses won't knock them out of the top 10.

Sussex County Fair....i agree that most of the top ten are still the same.

In my mind, Tech is not a top ten team right now. You can't lose 2 games this early to teams that were arguably not even in the top 20...Newark and Woodbridge...without taking a hit.

St Georges i would say are borderline top ten. I had them borderline to start the week, then they barely put up a fight against Sallies.

Appo i would have at the back of the top ten at this point. They did lose two, but unlike Tech, Appo lost to two top 5 teams in extra innings. I think Appo would be around 5-8 spot right now, arguably falling out if they lose to Cape on saturday.

The problem is who to move up if these teams fall out...(which possibly proves SCF's point that they are all still top ten). I suppose arguments could be made for Arch, Conrad, Wood and maybe St Andrews (3-0...but just kidding about St Andrews). But none beat top ten teams.

Oldskool and SCF, great arguments for who is in the top 10 right now. I think there is a pretty strong top 5-6, and then it gets a little murky. I'd go with these 15 teams:

1. St. Marks
2. Dover
3. Cape
4. Smyrna
5. Salles
6. Caravel
7. Appo (even with 2 losses)
8. Conrad
9. Archmere
10. Polytech
11. DMA
12. Middletown
13. St. E's
14. St. G's
15. Milford

Teams in the list look good. I like Sallies moving up a lot. Dover should be pretty high. St.Marks and Caravel would be my 1-2. Followed by Dover 3 Smyrna 4 Sallies 5 Cape 6 Appo 7 Polytech 8 Archmere 9 and 10 Milddletown

1.St.Marks
2.Dover
3.Caravel
4.Sallies
5.Smyrna
6.Appo
7.Cape
8.Middletown
9.Polytech
10.Milford
I keep Appo in the top 10 because both loses we against two of my top 5 teams. Cape has looked strong and I believe will knock off Appo tommorrow. Middletown has played well so far have been pretty impressed. Polytech if they had held on to the lead against Dover would of been considered to he higher but let the game slip away. Milford is on a roll right now. My top 5 are locks try to explain the others alittle.

Rankings are fun to discuss but I gotta disagree on a few of them ,here's mine

1 St Marks ( from what I saw clear cut )
2 Caravel ( don't want to face Fraley)
3 Smyrna ( beat appo)
4 Sallies ( because they are sallies )
5 Dover ( only because 5-0 but haven't beaten anyone )

The rest is a crapshoot now
Wasn't impressed with Milford , Middletown , Archmere or Conrad
Sussex Tech top to bottom great sticks but lack a shutdown arm
Poly , don't know
Cape loaded with young arms but tough schedule

Just my 2 cents , I'm sure I upset someone !!!

Rankings are fun to discuss but I gotta disagree on a few of them ,here's mine

1 St Marks ( from what I saw clear cut )
2 Caravel ( don't want to face Fraley)
3 Smyrna ( beat appo)
4 Sallies ( because they are sallies )
5 Dover ( only because 5-0 but haven't beaten anyone )

The rest is a crapshoot now
Wasn't impressed with Milford , Middletown , Archmere or Conrad
Sussex Tech top to bottom great sticks but lack a shutdown arm
Poly , don't know
Cape loaded with young arms but tough schedule

Just my 2 cents , I'm sure I upset someone !!!
what did you see that makes them a clear cut #1

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT