ADVERTISEMENT

Rules and Officiating

dellylax

Mascot
Mar 5, 2020
Delaware
I’d like to expand on a post made by user Previs423, where he speaks on officiating, “They just wore them down in the fourth when they pulled away. Not putting anything on the refs, but once again high school referring is inconsistent. Players making runs, players extending their arms, wrap checks that are just slashing.”

What’s everyone’s stance on the state of refereeing?

After watching some college ball, and even watching collegiate rules being applied to high school games, I think the rule book should adapt. When playing out-of-state teams, Delaware teams can have completely different games (depending on which side of the border they’re on).
A shot clock would have altered the outcome in multiple of Sallies’ games.

(Just a thought provoking discussion)

Delaware refs are below average at best. Very inconsistent in their enforcement of penalties and interpretation.

I am sure they are doing their best but when you in MD, PA or NY you get a much different experience with better reffing. Though I would add that they ll have different styles too - you can literally kill someone in NJ or PA and not get a penalty but if you fart near someone in MD its 1 Minute unreleasable.

So long story short I dont think its too consistent even in other states but I would prefer HS to just adopt the NCAA rules in all states and just move on. Would be consistent rules but interpretation would still be different by ref.

Reactions: dellylax
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT