ADVERTISEMENT

Salesianum School and University of Delaware alum Troy Reeder 7th Blue Hen to play in Super Bowl

dawrestling

Top 100 Prospect
May 20, 2007
Fallbrook, CA
www.302sports.com
By David A. Willauer-Contributing Writer-SOFI Stadium- Inglewood, CA-Sunday, January 30, 2022: The Los Angeles Rams will make their 4th appearance in the Super Bowl as they defeated their Golden State rival San Francisco 49ers by a 20-17 score. Salesianum School and University of Delaware alum Troy Reeder registered 8 tackles for the Rams. Troy Reeder is the 6th University of Delaware athlete to play in a Super Bowl. A total of 6 Blue Hens that competed in the past Super Bowls were Rich Gannon for the Oakiland Raiders in 2000, Ben Patrick 2009 with the St. Louis Cardinals who caught the only touchdown first touchdown against the Pittsburgh Steelers. Joe Flacco made history by becoming the first Blue Hen to become MVP along with winning a Super Bowl Title along with teammate Gino Gradkowski in 2012. Zack Kerr another Blue Hen will play for the Cincinnati Bengals.

Last edited:
By David A. Willauer-Contributing Writer-SOFI Stadium- Inglewood, CA-Sunday, January 30, 2022: The Los Angeles Rams will make their 4th appearance in the Super Bowl as they defeated their Golden State rival San Francisco 49ers by a 20-17 score. Salesianum School and University of Delaware alum Troy Reeder registered 8 tackles for the Rams. Troy Reeder is the 6th University of Delaware athlete to play in a Super Bowl. A total of 6 Blue Hens that competed in the past Super Bowls were Rich Gannon for the Oakiland Raiders in 2000, Ben Patrick 2009 with the St. Louis Cardinals who caught the only touchdown first touchdown against the Pittsburgh Steelers. Joe Flacco made history by becoming the first Blue Hen to become MVP along with winning a Super Bowl Title along with teammate Gino Gradkowski in 2012.
Zack Kerr on Cincinnati Played @Delaware.

Zack Kerr on Cincinnati Played @Delaware.
Wow...another one out of left field. Let's see what his status is for the Super Bowl....will he be on the active roster. Did he play in a playoff game. He's only been on the Bengals like 12 days. He might sneak on this list.....

https://www.nbcsportsedge.com/football/nfl/player/2295/zach-kerr

...and Zack did play against the Chiefs...another wow here

https://nflcdns.nfl.com/liveupdate/gamecenter/58834/KC_Gamebook.pdf

Last edited:
Check this story on Troy Reeder:

https://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/news/sports/nbcsports/rams-troy-reeder-salesianum-school/3128225/

Don‘t want to appear to be a shill for Troy Reeder. I understand at least one of Aikman’s criticisms of Troy during the Sunday broadcast. Another one was bogus. That was getting “carried” by a runner. I saw Chuck Bednarik get carried by Jim Brown a few times. Aikman’s attempts to make relevant commentary falls a little short of the Madden or Chris Collinsworth standard.

Good luck, Troy.

Reactions: 84rider
Check this story on Troy Reeder:

https://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/news/sports/nbcsports/rams-troy-reeder-salesianum-school/3128225/

Don‘t want to appear to be a shill for Troy Reeder. I understand at least one of Aikman’s criticisms of Troy during the Sunday broadcast. Another one was bogus. That was getting “carried” by a runner. I saw Chuck Bednarik get carried by Jim Brown a few times. Aikman’s attempts to make relevant commentary falls a little short of the Madden or Chris Collinsworth standard.

Good luck, Troy.
That wasn't the first broadcast Aikman has taken shots at Reeder either. I get some of it. He and the Rams fans (based on comments on those forums) feel he is a liability in pass coverage, To some extent I agree he does struggle in coverage but I think the Rams DC tries to get him out on obvious pass downs if they can. He missed a big tackle in the Tampa game that RB scored on but who doesn't. I see Reeder as a throw back player. He struggles in some areas of todays run and gun game but he could have been as good as a Urlacher type in that era..

Last edited:
NPOA, BiB, and nice sentiments, Rider.

Reeder is a free agent starting for the NFC champs. He is relaying the defensive signals from the DC. Let’s be real. His skill set is not Fred Warner’s. Yet he is starting in Super Bowl.

If the Rams lose the Super Bowl, it will be because QB Matthew Stafford is a stunod.

Aikman obviously angered Bummy. Enough.

Troy is the first known Holy Angels player to play in the Super Bowl and we are so proud of him.

He is an inspiration to the kids that play in our program.

I am sure there are plenty of guys in the NFL that would have missed the tackle on Fournette, same for Deebo's extra 2 yards.

The fact that he made it to the NFL, became a starter, a valuable member of a championship team with the chance to play and contribute in the Super Bowl is the stuff dreams are made of. We, at Holy Angels Football, wish him nothing but the best of luck on Super Bowl Sunday. I hope he plays the game of his life.

Last edited:
Mike Adams also from UD played for the Broncos against the Seahawks
https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/...16-nfl-seasons-and-one-super-bowl-appearance/

“During two seasons with the Broncos, Adams played in four playoff games, including a 43-8 loss to the Seahawks in Super Bowl XLVIII, a game in which he had six tackles.“

Only on Depreps, do we have this level of research scholarship.

Now, we have to see if Zack Kerr gets into the game for the Bengals.

OK, here is our running list of Blue Hens in Super Bowl:

Ivory Sully
Rich Gannon
Ben Patrick
Joe Flacco
Gino Gradkowski
Mike Adams
Troy Reeder
Zack Kerr

Please correct or update. For example, did Gradkowski get in the game or does that matter? Plus, will Zack Kerr play?

Also, we need a Super Bowl pick thread. Rooting for the Rams but wouldn’t trust Matt Stafford to look both ways before walking across the street. True, the Rams are playing at home…

Last edited:
Reactions: 84rider
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT