ADVERTISEMENT

Sanford Saint E's

ball4lyfe69

Tackles too high
Jan 28, 2017
whats everyone thinking for this game? Saint E's definitely with the home court advantage and Money with the playoff experience but Sanford obviously has the better coach (Stan the Man Waterman) and the momentum coming from last game. Davis and Money will probably go bucket for bucket so the question may be will Connor "Toby Keith" Rufo be able to help Jyare out?

I think Sanford has improved since the first match-up, when they should have won but couldn't hit their FTs and close it out. I think St. E's has also improved, though. I'll go with Sanford but it's a low-confidence call.

Reactions: jvm3
To be fair to Rufo- although all of this is amusing! - he is a guy that can make a 3 if left open, drive the ball, make really good decisions on both ends of the court, and is a solidifying presence for a young team. If a team doubles/triples Davis, Rufo will get his points. If a team plays zone or a basic man defense, Davis usually has a field day as the offense is rightly centered around him. This is a case where what Rufo brings to the "team" on the court is far more than shows up in a box score. He is doing what Stan needs him to do.

To be fair to Rufo- although all of this is amusing! - he is a guy that can make a 3 if left open, drive the ball, make really good decisions on both ends of the court, and is a solidifying presence for a young team. If a team doubles/triples Davis, Rufo will get his points. If a team plays zone or a basic man defense, Davis usually has a field day as the offense is rightly centered around him. This is a case where what Rufo brings to the "team" on the court is far more than shows up in a box score. He is doing what Stan needs him to do.
Yeah he's a decent player. I think this silliness began when someone posted that Rufo was the best big man in the state.

Reactions: onejeron and jvm3
Rufo is a guy who gets it done on AND off the court, that's what I love so much about him. When it comes to girls, country music, grades, working out, hair salon, and of course helping out his team and listening to Stan, he is the man.

Rufo is a guy who gets it done on AND off the court, that's what I love so much about him. When it comes to girls, country music, grades, working out, hair salon, and of course helping out his team and listening to Stan, he is the man.
Toby Keith, or as the girls sometimes call him "Hambone Slick" is a classic renaissance man. Of course his high basketball iq and well-developed body benefit him on the court, but so too does his passion for all things country- music included. I cannot wait to see what treat the man has in store for St Elizabeth's tonight.

Reactions: debballguy
whats everyone thinking for this game? Saint E's definitely with the home court advantage and Money with the playoff experience but Sanford obviously has the better coach (Stan the Man Waterman) and the momentum coming from last game. Davis and Money will probably go bucket for bucket so the question may be will Connor "Toby Keith" Rufo be able to help Jyare out?
Money and Davis pretty much cancel each other out. Both high level players that can score and unfortunately can get distracted from the game.
Dockery advantage over the much younger Perkins
I'll take Thomas all day over Rufo
St E's has a deeper bench imo
St E's to advance!

Money and Davis pretty much cancel each other out. Both high level players that can score and unfortunately can get distracted from the game.
Dockery advantage over the much younger Perkins
I'll take Thomas all day over Rufo
St E's has a deeper bench imo
St E's to advance!

Davis>Money
Dockery=Perkins
Rufo>Thomas

Only need 7 guys unless you get in foul trouble which happened to Sanford last time.

Home court is a big advantage especially in HS.

Davis 15, Money 17
Dockery 13, Perkins 6
Rufo 11, Thomas 11

St. E's ahead by 9.... wait for it...

McCollum 18.

Davis 15, Money 17
Dockery 13, Perkins 6
Rufo 11, Thomas 11

St. E's ahead by 9.... wait for it...

McCollum 18.

I didn't mention him because he wasn't in the initial comparison. McCollum is the second leading scorer on that team but flies under the radar. Great game by him. Contest was quite the battle.

Last edited:
You saying He dropped 18 straight for Sanford when they were down by 9 ????

No, sorry... just a player comparison.

Box score says Dockery was 3-10 on free throws? I wasn't at the game- had another commitment- but that's got to hurt.

Forget the players. This is Rubincam vs Stan.

Who do you like?
I have seen many games this season and this was by far the best coached game I have seen this year. Game could of went either way at any time. Defensive adjustments were made throughout the game. First time ever, I saw Rubincam play a 2-3 zone. Both teams were well prepared for everything each other through at them. The play was left to the kids on the floor and for young kids out there, game is won and lost on the foul line in tough games like this. Glad I brought my son to see two first class teams competing. Excellent job Coach Waterman and Coach Rubincam.

Last edited:
I have seen many games this season and this was by far the best coached game I have seen this year. Game could of went either way at any time. Defensive adjustments were made throughout the game. First time ever, I saw Rubincam play a 2-3 zone. Both teams were well prepared for everything each other through at them. The play was left to the kids on the floor and for young kids out there, game is won and lost on the foul line in tough games like this. Glad I brought my son to see two first class teams competing. Excellent job Coach Waterman and Coach Rubincam.

Glad to hear that. Meant no disrespect to MR. Stan's just on another level. Sounds like he got a little lucky in this one.

Reactions: M2MFan
Don't know how rubincam has a single play with Jordan coming off a screen. Arguably the best shooter in the state and you don't have a play to create space for him

@sals2011, agree.....#14 from St Marks was on fire from downtown, best shot next to Matthews from Smyrna I've seen all year imo

#14 St Marks Zachary Palmer, not sure of his season numbers but has a nice stroke

This is Stan's time of year. May not have the talent (save for Davis), but his teams are well prepared and disciplined and you need those two attributes in a one-and-done situation. If Sanford wins the title this year (a real possibility), it ends all conversation as to who the greatest high school coach in this state is.

This is Stan's time of year. May not have the talent (save for Davis), but his teams are well prepared and disciplined and you need those two attributes in a one-and-done situation. If Sanford wins the title this year (a real possibility), it ends all conversation as to who the greatest high school coach in this state is.
Need guards to win a championship. Stan doesn't have any.

He played guard last night. Given the opportunity he went to the post. That not called not being guard thats called being a smart basketball player.

Saint Stan got outcoached today. Had a player 6 inches shorter guarding his star player all day and he couldn't figure a way get him the ball.

And, I rest my case on Connor Rufo. Poor kid's final basketball game was a nightmare.

Saint Stan got outcoached today. Had a player 6 inches shorter guarding his star player all day and he couldn't figure a way get him the ball.

And, I rest my case on Connor Rufo. Poor kid's final basketball game was a nightmare.

Everytime I've seen Rufo play it was a nightmare...LOL

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT