ADVERTISEMENT

Semi Final Schedule

BackinBlack86

Top 100 Prospect
Oct 5, 2018
Last edited:
Some good games. I like both 2A matchups, and Sallies vs Mtown. Dont know much about either 1A

Some good games. I like both 2A matchups, and Sallies vs Mtown. Dont know much about either 1A
I think all the games are intriguing. Laurel beat IR 14-13 in OT 3 weeks ago, tatnall has played good football over the last few weeks and really who knows how close to 100% Benson is for St. E. Dover was within a score of Smyrna midway through the 3rd quarter before Smyrna pulled away. I do think that the all of the #1 and #2 seeds are going to be rightly favored but I think all of the games will be well played and competitive. And just realized but kind of funny every game is #1 vs #5 and #2 vs #3

I just realized but kind of funny every game is #1 vs #5 and #2 vs #3

Well when you look at it. Starting with 3A Dover really should have been 4 seed they beat STG in reg season and then proved it in playoffs. Pretty impressive Dover beating STG twice at their place IMO. 2A everyone pretty much had #5 DMA as the second best team in 2A and favored over Caravel. DMA I believe would have been the 2 seed sans an OOS loss to a PA team. and in 1A IR was favored over St Andrews..

Last edited:
Well when you look at it. Starting with 3A Dover really should have been 4 seed they beat STG in reg season and then proved it in playoffs. Pretty impressive Dover beating STG twice at their place IMO. 2A everyone pretty much had #5 DMA as the second best team in 2A and favored over Caravel. DMA I believe would have been the 2 seeds sans an OOS loss to a PA team. and in 1A IR was favored over St Andrews..
Oh yeah I agree with you just thought it was funny that all three divisions ended up with the same number matchups.

Reactions: BackinBlack86
Well when you look at it. Starting with 3A Dover really should have been 4 seed they beat STG in reg season and then proved it in playoffs. Pretty impressive Dover beating STG twice at their place IMO. 2A everyone pretty much had #5 DMA as the second best team in 2A and favored over Caravel. DMA I believe would have been the 2 seed sans an OOS loss to a PA team. and in 1A IR was favored over St Andrews..
To be fair, St.G QB Brooks was injured early Saturday. A freshman played much of the game.

To be fair, St.G QB Brooks was injured early Saturday. A freshman played much of the game.
The freshman that played was Anthony Speciale, who came out of the Delaware Ducks youth league. Those kids are all over. A bunch went to St. George, a few at caravel, odessa, Appo, Smyrna, tatnall, my son at DMA. It is a really good league and I can think of at least 4 of them that made all-district as freshmen this year.

Reactions: Huskerman7
Apparently Claymont is having a parade that day at 1015 which would jack up traffic...plus I know Archmere only has the one side of stands

Reactions: DMA_302TakeOver
I think Diaa saw the chance to sell more tickets this way and moved it. Dma packed caravel Saturday
They said that 1400 tickets could be sold at Archmere vs 3500 at Abessinio so I'm sure that did have something to do with it. Plus I don't think moving will be much of a disadvantage for Archmere since they went into DMA and won so I'm sure a neutral site won't really bother them.

So using that logic. They should just be happy about loosing the home field advantage because they’ve beat DMA away before? Lol

Reactions: oldtimer60
So using that logic. They should just be happy about loosing the home field advantage because they’ve beat DMA away before? Lol
I don't know why or who made the decision to change it. Yesterday it was at Archmere, today its at Abessinio. I don't know the inner workings but I'm sure if Archmere really wanted the game to be played at their own home they could have put up an argument that would have lasted more then a day

Homefield advantage may be the most overrated thing ever. After all the pomp and circumstance and the whistle blows the best team that day will win regardless of what field they are on.. besides I can't remember the last team to win the championship on their home field.

Home field advantage may be the most overrated thing ever. After all the pomp and circumstance and the whistle blows the best team that day will win regardless of what field they are on.. besides I can't remember the last team to win the championship on their home field

So Archmere should be OK with conceding Homefield advantage that they earned by beating DMA in the last game of the season because home field advantage doesn’t matter and DIAA wants to sell more ticket.

What I’m talking about has nothing to do with the referees. Have you been to friends field? And if so, does that field look like the rest of the fields in the state to you?

is it not 120 yards long by 53.3 yards wide? Do you have to change your play calls to play there? It's only really different for the fans, once players are in between the lines and game starts its the same for them

is it not 120 yards long by 53.3 yards wide? Do you have to change your play calls to play there? It's only really different for the fans, once players are in between the lines and game starts its the same for them
Also, I have never heard anyone say home field does not matter. This is a true first.

Also, I have never heard anyone say home field advantage is overrated***

doesn’t really change much about the statement. You knew what I meant big dog
moving this game to Abessinio is good for the game. Archmere needs to take one for team (DelHSFootball) here. Besides Archmere stadium sucks for a game of this magnitude.. Can't hold enough. I would say the same if it were at Tower Hill, St Georges and even St Marks

1104-1412-100_1_d747730e-44c9-4822-82f1-5117a4a583ce_1024x.jpg

Last edited:
Very little home field advantage in high school football.

With all the money Archmere has you would think they could put some decent stands on the visitor side.

Reactions: DMA_302TakeOver
Very little home field advantage in high school football.

With all the money Archmere has you would think they could put some decent stands on the visitor side.
Archmere hasn’t lost at home in three years… and they have in the past but apparently it was not even an option this time.

You sure DMA’s AD isn’t on the board?
Yes - he left the board earlier this year - was not reappointed

For some teams Home field does make a little difference. Not saying it’s not overrated or does/doesn’t matter. But teams such as Delmar, Middletown and you can now mention Smyrna with their town, you could probably even say Sallies with their new stadium and student section adds a kind of nostalgia to the atmosphere. Minus Sallies….those 3 schools community almost has a true Friday Night Lights feel to it. Now you’re not getting the stores closing down or something like that, but it is a different feeling then a team like a Friends, St. George’s, Tower Hill etc. their students come from all over The county/state/out of state they don’t really have that following. They have their dedicated fans and parents but nothing like the teams mentioned earlier.

Reactions: Uncle Bumfuzzled
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT