ADVERTISEMENT

Semi Finals

Mar 7, 2017
Appo vs Cape

Sallies/Friends vs Caravel

Honestly at the beginning of year sallies is the only team I would've picked to go this far (assuming they make it).
Friends is playing better than expected should be interesting.
On March 1st i would've never picked appo to be so dominant, I didn't think cape was going to be able to handle losing so much but they're back in the semifinals, and I thought Caravel was going to be mediocre at best. Just shows you never really know and there is a reason they play the games.

With all that said
Sallies will win today and then beats Caravel convincingly again.
Cape without Fluharty pitching isn't enough to beat Appo.

I've been wrong before. alot

That was the problem I had with how Cape was using Fluharty in playoffs.. Sometimes you got to look ahead and take a few chances to save him but hey Cape still have a shot but if he was on the mound ... Wouldn't be as hard as it looks without him right now.. But iam still taking Cape 5-4.. Lol

That was the problem I had with how Cape was using Fluharty in playoffs.. Sometimes you got to look ahead and take a few chances to save him but hey Cape still have a shot but if he was on the mound ... Wouldn't be as hard as it looks without him right now.. But iam still taking Cape 5-4.. Lol

Fluharty started the game vs Appo this year went 4ip giving up 8 runs , Cape didn’t use Johnson that game at all so hopefully the plan will continue to work

Ph
Fluharty started the game vs Appo this year went 4ip giving up 8 runs , Cape didn’t use Johnson that game at all so hopefully the plan will continue to work
You know better than that.. This ain't regular season.. Smh.. It's called playoffs for a reason... Nobody cares about regular season.. Milford and Dover beat Cape in regular season.. Cape beat both...

Appo vs Cape

Sallies/Friends vs Caravel

Honestly at the beginning of year sallies is the only team I would've picked to go this far (assuming they make it).
Friends is playing better than expected should be interesting.
On March 1st i would've never picked appo to be so dominant, I didn't think cape was going to be able to handle losing so much but they're back in the semifinals, and I thought Caravel was going to be mediocre at best. Just shows you never really know and there is a reason they play the games.

With all that said
Sallies will win today and then beats Caravel convincingly again.
Cape without Fluharty pitching isn't enough to beat Appo.

I've been wrong before. alot
Cape 2-0 in first.. Game called rain.. Smh.. Believe Cape would of won easily.. Rain saved Appo.. Give them time to re focus by time tomorrow get here. Mother nature saved them..lol

Last edited:
DIAA BASEBALL POSTPONED (CHANGE)

Cape Henlopen / Appoquinimink to be continued Friday at 7pm. Cape leads 2-0 TOP 1

Salesianum / Caravel Saturday at **7PM**

Championship Sunday at 7pm. #DelHS

Keene was Appo's starter. I never saw who was warming up for Cape, and I missed the introductions of the starting lineups. Fluharty spanked that homer, but before he was at third base the umpires were waiting to wave everyone off the field.

Keene was Appo's starter. I never saw who was warming up for Cape, and I missed the introductions of the starting lineups. Fluharty spanked that homer, but before he was at third base the umpires were waiting to wave everyone off the field.

They should not have started the game! I drove by Frawley at 3:20. Thought about going but took a 2 second peek at the radar and knew the games were not going to be played. Why start to get less than 1 inning in?

Ph

You know better than that.. This ain't regular season.. Smh.. It's called playoffs for a reason... Nobody cares about regular season.. Milford and Dover beat Cape in regular season.. Cape beat both...

Guess you missed my point , I’m a Cape fan! Simply stating Appo hasn’t seen Johnson this year

Can we not talk about rain saving a team...there was not better rain saving game than the one we were on the losing end of...still hurts 40 years later!!

"In the playoffs, Ripken pitched the state championship game against Thomas Stone High School. The Eagles trailed 3–1 when Ripken, noting that rain was coming and that the game would be canceled and replayed because the Eagles had not yet played the fourth inning, made nine throws to first base to ensure the game would be replayed. When the game was played the next week, Ripken struck out 17, allowed two hits, and threw a complete game as Aberdeen won the state championship. He threw 102 pitches in the 7-1 victory"

Cape 3 5 1
Appo 4 7 2
Final

Mason Keene went 6.2 for Appo. Bouldin got the final out.

Luke Johnson went the distance for Cape.

Really well pitched game.

#1 for Appo Alex Jones hits two doubles scoring the tieing and the winning 4th run his clutch hitting along with the pitching great semi final game.
Cape 3 5 1
Appo 4 7 2
Final

Mason Keene went 6.2 for Appo. Bouldin got the final out.

Luke Johnson went the distance for Cape.

Really well pitched game.

Reactions: Patcomic
In the first meeting Sallies beat us 14 to 4 giving our #1 and #2 pitcher's a lot of trouble but different field and that was a long time ago. It really depends on if the Caravel pitcher's can hit their spots and the bats come alive we could be playing Appo on Sunday.
Who are you guys picking to win tonight

Tough Call and both teams deserve to be there. Coaching will come into play. Can Sals head coach keep these kids focused after graduation parties last night and looking ahead to senior week?

Yeah some of the Sallies guy's are going to be a bit winded after the celebration cigars which is just odd.

Caravel just scored 3 in the top of the 3rd to take a 4-0 lead. Leading off for Sallies #10 Delcollo

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT