ADVERTISEMENT

Smyrna-Penn Live on 302/1290

Is this game still being streamed live? I’m seeing Conrad girls vs St. E’s girls when I pull it up

Wall back in William Penn’s lineup could make this game interesting.

14-14 at the half which is William Penn’s type of game. Regardless of the outcome I like Penn in the tournament if they are at full strength...they guard like no other team. Garnett has 8, Matthews has 2 as Wall is in his pocket.

Reactions: pitt8179
At the end of 3 Penn leads 25-21. Wall caught another oop & Matthews still struggling to get going.

Someone said Penn would win in OT. Smyrna can't play vs tight man to man. That is why they need Garnett to step up. He needs to get more touches on the block vs those man to man squads.

Cape gave you the blueprint to beat Smyrna. However, executing it is another task.

Reactions: Hoopsdownstate2
37-37 double OT...looked like Garnett was gonna win it off the feed from Bloodsworth but he lost the handle of it.

Someone said Penn would win in OT. Smyrna can't play vs tight man to man. That is why they need Garnett to step up. He needs to get more touches on the block vs those man to man squads.

Cape gave you the blueprint to beat Smyrna. However, executing it is another task.
Garnett is carrying them right now.

Harding just hit what should be the game-winner w/ 1.1 secs left to play.

Penn wins by 2...they put 2.5 on the clock but Smyrna didn’t get a shot off. For all of those Matthews for POY voters he finished w/ 2 pts tonight on some tough shots all night. We spoke about how Hyland didn’t get his averages against the better teams so it’s only fair we do the same w/ Matthews as far as that last game vs Cape (11) in a blowout loss & 2 in a tough loss tonight against Penn. Penn’s D will make them a tough out against anybody in the tournament.

Penn wins by 2...they put 2.5 on the clock but Smyrna didn’t get a shot off. For all of those Matthews for POY voters he finished w/ 2 pts tonight on some tough shots all night. We spoke about how Hyland didn’t get his averages against the better teams so it’s only fair we do the same w/ Matthews as far as that last game vs Cape (11) in a blowout loss & 2 in a tough loss tonight against Penn. Penn’s D will make them a tough out against anybody in the tournament.
Cape has no# 1 seed state tourney

Reactions: 84rider
Garred Wall dominated Matthews definitely! That was definitely the difference in the game.
He absolutely did...he played well on the offensive end too & got springs in his legs. He caught 2 oops on Smyrna tonight & I still remember him catching one on Dover earlier in the season.

Reactions: pitt8179
Wall missed them 4 games.. Penn struggled.. But now .. Top teams better hope they aint on there side of bracket. .. Be in dog fight...

Reactions: J12
No point. Heard they weren't healthy all year was just wondering if he was out that game.
The difference is that w/ Tech they play tough defense as well w/ a nice full court press that creates turnovers. Smyrna has the talent but not too much defensive pressure on the wings. W/ that being said Smyrna beat Tech twice, Tech beat William Penn & Smyrna just loss to Penn in double OT...all 3 of those teams along w/ Cape, CR & Sanford are right there on the same level w/ Cape being the favorite right now.

I agree. In boxing they say styles make fights. This is true for those teams mentioned above. I give the edge to a healthy Sanford. They plan man to man which will negate speed of Cape guards. They also have the young fella inside to go with Davis. His size will neutralize Robertson and Jyaire will pick up the rest.

Final 4
Cape vs Tech
Smyrna vs Sanford

Watch out for Mr.Parker again this year! He’s been playing great as of late and he has someone with him that can fill it up too this year, DJ Earl! I wouldn’t be surprised to see them go pretty far
I was just checking that out...averaging 25+ the last 8 games of the season (7-1 record) & finished these last 2 games w/ 43 & 33!!! He has the experience from last year’s run to the championship game too.

I agree. In boxing they say styles make fights. This is true for those teams mentioned above. I give the edge to a healthy Sanford. They plan man to man which will negate speed of Cape guards. They also have the young fella inside to go with Davis. His size will neutralize Robertson and Jyaire will pick up the rest.

Final 4
Cape vs Tech
Smyrna vs Sanford
Sanford wont play man to man against Cape.. Davis and Big fell got took off the dribble whole game long first meeting... Stan knows wat he doing.. He going put Sanford in 2-3 zone and let big fella and Davis protect back of the zone.. That slows the guards down and proctect paint at same time... That was Stans only mistake in first meeting.. Playing man to man... He wont make that mistake twice...

Final 4
Cape vs Tech
Smyrna vs Sanford

This is my prediction as well if seedings fall they way they are supposed to

Reactions: Hoopsdownstate2
Sanford vs Cape title
Cape beats William Penn by 3
Sanford beats Smyrna by 10
Cape beats Sanford by 5
Cape wins title.. My bold prediction..??

Stan will play man to man. He has been doing it for a decade. That's what he does. He may sprinkle in some zone but he is a man to man coach and coaches defense really well. Cape, Penn, Sanford and Tech are 4 of the better defensive teams.

Cape shot 56 foul shots making 30+ in the 1st matchup while Sanford shot 14 total. Perkins was injured early in 3rd (Sanford was up 10+ and counting) and he never returned. Cape lived at foul line. Sanford had 3 or 4 players foul out of the game. Nana being one and elder perkins another.

That was Sanford's 1st game but Cape's 4th. Those are the things that you would think won't happen again.

Stan will play man to man. He has been doing it for a decade. That's what he does. He may sprinkle in some zone but he is a man to man coach and coaches defense really well. Cape, Penn, Sanford and Tech are 4 of the better defensive teams.

Cape shot 56 foul shots making 30+ in the 1st matchup while Sanford shot 14 total. Perkins was injured early in 3rd (Sanford was up 10+ and counting) and he never returned. Cape lived at foul line. Sanford had 3 or 4 players foul out of the game. Nana being one and elder perkins another.

That was Sanford's 1st game but Cape's 4th. Those are the things that you would think won't happen again.

"elder Perkins???"

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT