ADVERTISEMENT

Smyrna vs Sallies Who wins & watch it here!

Who will win

• Smyrna

Votes: 8 66.7%
  • Sallies

Votes: 4 33.3%

• Total voters
So we will be streaming the Smyrna vs Sallies game tonight with Fox Sports. Here is the link

Who do you think will come away victorious??

Special Thanks to Awalk Edits for our cover photo!!
Sallies---Smryna-Stream-Size.png

Public school win State title and u can book it... Its going be all public schools in final 4.... Easily...
Public school win State title and u can book it... Its going be all public schools in final 4.... Easily...

Negative...even if it happens it will not be easily if St. Thomas More has anything to say about it. Not to mention St. E's will not be a cakewalk & St. George's is a vo-tech...I'm willing to bet AT LEAST one of those 3 teams will be m the Final 4.

Reactions: ShowTalent40

Negative...even if it happens it will not be easily if St. Thomas More has anything to say about it. Not to mention St. E's will not be a cakewalk & St. George's is a vo-tech...I'm willing to bet AT LEAST one of those 3 teams will be m the Final 4.
St Thomas is Slept On So Much Just Like Last Year lol.. Plus They've Played Quailty Out Of State Talent Folks Overlook That

Reactions: Patcomic
St Thomas is Slept On So Much Just Like Last Year lol.. Plus They've Played Quailty Out Of State Talent Folks Overlook That
Much respect but they will come up short... They have everything but a big man... But they are thé Only Ones Have a great chance get to final 4... But when its all said and done...public school will win it this year ....

Much respect but they will come up short... They have everything but a big man... But they are thé Only Ones Have a great chance get to final 4... But when its all said and done...public school will win it this year ....

Newsflash...this is Delaware & there are probably only 2 legit "big men" in the entire state & they played each other last night & the team w/ the better guards won. In this small state St. Thomas More's 6'5 Elias Revelle is considered a "big" so they will be fine.

You are a Cape man so I guess they have no chance cuz 6'5 Rickards & Robertson aren't exactly "big men"?

After watching the game last night I thought that Smyrna's 7'2 Nwankwo dominated Sallies 6'8 Ingraham & had him a little hesitant in the paint. I see that the News Journal has his stat line of 10 pts, 21 rebs & 5 blocks (altered many others that don't show up in the stat line) & that's vs the #2 player in the state. Idk what Ingraham's stat line was but he was held to 7 pts which is probably a season low for him. I just thought that I'd post this for those that have called him "soft" or said he cannot play just because he is limited offensively at this point in time. You can tell that he has not been playing long but once again he is the key to Smyrna's success owning the paint, doing what is asked of him such as blocking shots, getting rebounds & putbacks. With Smyrna's guards/wings taking the majority of the shots his point total will never jump out at you & he probably only takes 8-10 shots/game but if you watch him play you see what he brings & has a very high ceiling.

Reactions: streetpro0323
he'll be one of very few Delaware players playing right now to wear a high major universities uniform when it comes to decision time.

From the looks of it Cale, Davis, and maybe Ingraham are the others.

Reactions: streetpro0323
.ssghr
Newsflash...this is Delaware & there are probably only 2 legit "big men" in the entire state & they played each other last night & the team w/ the better guards won. In this small state St. Thomas More's 6'5 Elias Revelle is considered a "big" so they will be fine.

You are a Cape man so I guess they have no chance cuz 6'5 Rickards & Robertson aren't exactly "big men"?[/QUOCape has bo chance period..

When I saw Smyrna, no offense was run through the 7 footer. His only scoring came off of putbacks, picking up lose balls near the hoop and turning those into baskets. He is a huge defensive presence at this level.

he'll be one of very few Delaware players playing right now to wear a high major universities uniform when it comes to decision time.

From the looks of it Cale, Davis, and maybe Ingraham are the others.

Agreed...but you can't tell that to people on this board who fail to look at the big picture & think that just because other kids are scoring 20+ ppg that they are better.

After watching the game last night I thought that Smyrna's 7'2 Nwankwo dominated Sallies 6'8 Ingraham & had him a little hesitant in the paint. I see that the News Journal has his stat line of 10 pts, 21 rebs & 5 blocks (altered many others that don't show up in the stat line) & that's vs the #2 player in the state. Idk what Ingraham's stat line was but he was held to 7 pts which is probably a season low for him. I just thought that I'd post this for those that have called him "soft" or said he cannot play just because he is limited offensively at this point in time. You can tell that he has not been playing long but once again he is the key to Smyrna's success owning the paint, doing what is asked of him such as blocking shots, getting rebounds & putbacks. With Smyrna's guards/wings taking the majority of the shots his point total will never jump out at you & he probably only takes 8-10 shots/game but if you watch him play you see what he brings & has a very high ceiling.

Not a bad analysis, however if you watch the game Sals shooting percentage was abysmal, probably 10-15%. While Symrna was probably closer to 50%. Nwankwo had nothing to do with missed shots from the outside, very off night shooting. If Sals shots fell there would be no discussion of bigs...

Not a bad analysis, however if you watch the game Sals shooting percentage was abysmal, probably 10-15%. While Symrna was probably closer to 50%. Nwankwo had nothing to do with missed shots from the outside, very off night shooting. If Sals shots fell there would be no discussion of bigs...

If Sals shooting percentage was abysmal (10-15%) I would think it's definitely a discussion of bigs. Lots of missed shots lead to rebounding opportunities. Both Ingraham and Nwankwo will be expected to rebound at the next level and no doubt they will both play at the next level. Sounds like 7'2" won the battle with 21 boards, 10 point, 5 blocks. Just curious what was Ingraham's stat line 7 point, ? boards, blocks?

How wrong you are...there would have been a discussion about the bigs regardless of the outcome of the game because not often do we get 6'8 vs 7'2. Smyrna won the game as expected by most because they have the better team but I was more so tuned in to that specific matchup. In my opinion he is the reason that opposing teams shoot more from the outside because of his presence down low especially after he blocks a few shots kids get intimidated. Prime example of that that sticks out was in the 2nd quarter when he blocked a shot on Ingraham & the very next possession Ingraham settled for a free throw line jumper that was an air ball. So even though he may not have had an immediate impact on the result of the Sals making or missing those outside shots he could actually be the reason that they were taking those outside shots which are obviously lower percentage shots. The Sals rely heavily on dumping the ball down low to the big guy & him getting offensive rebs for putbacks (he scored 40 in a game earlier this year) & if you have an answer for him then you have a very good chance because their guard play is just not there this year. They miss Ali A LOT.

Reactions: theWILL2WIN
Ingram scored 40 pts vs a very small Malvern. Check box scores from preps. Most games he hovers around 10-12 pts. So the rest of their pts come from transition and jump shots. It's obvious they don't key on him very often. Especially if you read this board. The truth is both bigs were marginal. Ingram gave too much unearned respect to his foe. He is usually a solid outside shooter when he shoots. This is Delaware, if your 7'2" and don't drop 40 pts per game you don't deserve accolades!!! Since both bigs were 10 pts and under and were not matched against each other the whole game their impact was marginal. 7'2" was blocked as much as he blocked. If Sals won and Ingram scored the same as he did y'all wouldn't be salivating over the 7'2" kid. I hope he stays in DE and develops into something![/QUOTE]

Last edited:
Ingram scored 40 pts vs a very small Malvern. Check box scores from preps. Most games he hovers around 10-12 pts. So the rest of their pts come from transition and jump shots. It's obvious they don't key on him very often. Especially if you read this board. The truth is both bigs were marginal. Ingram gave too much unearned respect to his foe. He is usually a solid outside shooter when he shoots. This is Delaware, if your 7'2" and don't drop 40 pts per game you don't deserve accolades!!! Since both bigs were 10 pts and under and were not matched against each other the whole game their impact was marginal. 7'2" was blocked as much as he blocked. If Sals won and Ingram scored the same as he did y'all wouldn't be salivating over the 7'2" kid. I hope he stays in DE and develops into something!
[/QUOTE]

Once again someone who thinks that points per game (averaging 40) is the only thing that a player should be measured by (see earlier post)...poor guy. I wouldn't be surprised if the kid didn't get 20+ all year long because that is not his game at this point in his development but he impacts it on defense & hitting the boards. Ingraham is well past him offensively right now.

Never said he had no impact! He has some impact. If he was as impactful as your selling, then they should have zero in state losses. My primary point was Sals sucked at shooting and that impacted the game more than bigs...

Ingram scored 40 pts vs a very small Malvern. Check box scores from preps. Most games he hovers around 10-12 pts. So the rest of their pts come from transition and jump shots. It's obvious they don't key on him very often. Especially if you read this board. The truth is both bigs were marginal. Ingram gave too much unearned respect to his foe. He is usually a solid outside shooter when he shoots. This is Delaware, if your 7'2" and don't drop 40 pts per game you don't deserve accolades!!! Since both bigs were 10 pts and under and were not matched against each other the whole game their impact was marginal. 7'2" was blocked as much as he blocked. If Sals won and Ingram scored the same as he did y'all wouldn't be salivating over the 7'2" kid. I hope he stays in DE and develops into something!
[/QUOTE]

He's a defensive big lol your crazy if you want him to average 40. Did eric boateng average 40? Mc Donald's all American duke commit

Never said he had no impact! He has some impact. If he was as impactful as your selling, then they should have zero in state losses. My primary point was Sals sucked at shooting and that impacted the game more than bigs...

Well I guess the only teams w/ very impactful players are Mt. Pleasant & Woodbridge then because they are the only team w/ 0 in-state losses. No matter how impactful you are a good coach can gameplan for you to try to limit your strengths which is what Stan did w/ Sanford. My only point was that the kid impacts the game a lot more than what people think regardless of the amount of points he scores because I had saw where people on the board had said he was soft, not good, terrible, etc...that's all. Have a good one.

Probably not, but that's what he's packaged aaa. But he is definitely 7'+ and long..
Yeah, he does have a long wing span. Just when I saw him, my first reaction when he came running out of the locker room was that there was no way he was 7'2"

JV this thread has moved off point. If the thread topic was about the big matchup we can discuss all day! Not hating on the bigs in anyway, just commenting on a separate facet of that game...

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT