ADVERTISEMENT

State Championship

They could attend Bishop Shanahan, Monseignor Bonner, West Catholic, Archbishop Carroll, all are closer than Malvern to Delco. I believe Archbishop Carroll and Bonner are both in Delco. They are also fine Catholic institutions.
Who gives a crap, Sallies will draw what they draw for it's own reasons. I truly do not think they need to recruit, the tradition brings kids there. It is also a very good school. I would not say it is on par with Malvern or any of the other inrterac schools, but it is certainly a very good school.

People can say that Sallies recruits or that they do not recruit. The bottom line is that Sallies is an all boys school with a decent population with great athletic success in their history. It is a good academic school as well which attracts students that are not athletes as well. That being said, in most sports Sallies starts the year with state championship promise and how should they not? Big all boys school they should be able to put a good squad on the field year in and year out. Nothing with recruiting, its just facts.

Originally posted by HDST06:
They could attend Bishop Shanahan, Monseignor Bonner, West Catholic, Archbishop Carroll, all are closer than Malvern to Delco. I believe Archbishop Carroll and Bonner are both in Delco. They are also fine Catholic institutions.

You are wrong on a few counts. Most PA kids from Sallies come from the West Chester - Media area. Then out to Unionville and Kennett Square

Malvern is closer for them than any of the schools you mention. Shanahan is in Downingtown, and West is in Philly. Carrol is in Wayne and Bonner is in Drexel Hill. Also, Malvern is all male and unless Bonner and Prendy merged - all of the schools you mentioned are co-ed.

I also put Sallies on par with Malvern academically and a cut above the other schools you mention.

You are correct that Sallies does not have to recruit kids and it is fair to assume some attend for the academics and the sports. Frankly, I think Lacrosse is still in its infancy in DE and Sallies team is unsually dominant right now.

Sallies doesn't have to recruit. The laxworld is still very small, and there aren't that many options for "blue-chip" players after the top privates in any region except for Baltimore and Long Island. Sallies is now in a situation like U of D football - they offer an opportunity for higher level exposure for players who might not start for the top regional privates or powerhouse publics. There's also the lower tuition costs - about half of the top privates. My guess is that Sallies is being contacted regularly by good players for these two reasons. For boy's lacrosse the Sals are in the right place at the right time, and the coaching staff seems to be doing things the right way. Congratulations for a job well done.

200px-Seal_of_Delaware.svg.png
The 1704 reperesents the year the lower 3 counties of Pennsylvania formed their own colony - Delaware.

Delaware gave Pennsylvania their freedom but some of their residents still choose to work and go to school here.

Did you ever notice that the statue of William Penn on Philly's City Hall has his back to Delaware. Sore loser, indeed.

agree with lwilt,CR vs Sals was always a game or match to look foward to...I am not a Sals fan but you have to give them their respect, the kids play hard and they are always well coached,plus they are getting a great education. I know downstate we enjoy the competition and as a fellow Rider said "to be the best you have to beat the best" so bring it on next yr Sals, us Riders arent going anywhere...congrats to both teams and good luck...BT dont sweat it man,hopefully we will get another shot at you guys next yr lol

What a ridiculous string of posts! I get so tired of the recruiting and out of state discussion. It really is irrelevant - especially since there is absolutely no truth to the recruiting comments. Success breeds success. Excuses breed failure.

I'd love to see Salesianum play fewer DE schools and move to more out of state games. A 59-7 run through the playoffs is no fun for anyone.

What hasn't been mentioned in all of this is the fact that Salesianum players practice and play year round. Summer/fall club teams, fall and winter league, three times weekly fitness sessions...the boys make a commitment to the game. I haven't seen that level of commitment from any other Delaware teams and very few individual players. Could that be the reason for the 59-7 run? Yes, commitment.

The DE boys who participate in summer programs all do so at high levels...Mesa, Dukes, Headstrong, 302, etc. These teams are filled with Sallies players.

Delaware players are having an impact. They will continue to do so.

Look, I kinda started the whole PA player thing. I in NO WAY think that Sallies recruits players at all. Their success in many areas as a school draws students to the school. What lax player in that area wouldn't want to go there? They win a lot of games, good coaching, good school, and they send players to D1 colleges. I just wanted to point out that they and other private schools in that area have access to a talent pool that public schools do not. Anyone who knows lacrosse, knows that Media, West Chester, and the surrounding areas produces an amazing amount of talented lax players these days. Sallies plays by the rules and their success is only going to continue to fuel the program.

I guess you can put Sallies on par with Malvern a school of 400 males with a $30k per year tuition. Sallies falls more in line with the diocesan schools. Don't kid yourself to thinking that Sallies and Malvern are on the same level.

DIAA uses NFHS (National Federation of State High School Associations) And here is the rule.

6-10-1
ART. 1…It shall be the initial responsibility of the team in possession to move the ball into its goal area. attack the goal.

Rationale: One of three revisions needed to implement the elimination of the present 10 second return to the goal area rule.

6-10-2
ART 2…A team in possession of the ball in its offensive half of the field may be warned to “get it in/keep it in”. This warning shall be made when it is obvious , in the judgment of the officials, that team is keeping the ball from play by not attacking the goal. A visual 10 second count will start when warning the team to “get it in”. If the offensive team has the ball in the goal area, the defensive team must attempt to play the ball within the goal area in order for a stalling warning to be issued against the offensive team.

The stalling warning remains in effect until a goal is scored, the defensive team gains possession of the ball or the period ends resulting in a faceoff. After the team has been warned, stalling shall be called if the ball leaves the goal area in any manner other than as a result of a shot on goal or a touch by the defensive team.

Yipes, not a word about the cross country dynasty. Secret: all those Chester County players actually run to school and back every day.

Thanks, raven. I love the .. response. I take it as a sign of approval. Hope all is well and best wishes for the upcoming season......

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT