ADVERTISEMENT

State Rankings 1

from what i see, i agree with most if not all unless i missed something. i do think Lucian will stay at 120 however.

Reactions: Spennato
I think Brayden Ranauto is a clear #1 at 157. Unless I’m missing something
Since these are based off last year, Malcom Roy and Xavier Limehouse both placed 5th with Limehouse at 144 and Roy at 165. Brayden gets 7th at 132 therefore u cant put a lower placing guy over two people who have placed higher, and were closer to their current weights now. not saying Brayden Doesn't have what it takes but it would be hard to rank him above with those facts in mind.

Since these are based off last year, Malcom Roy and Xavier Limehouse both placed 5th with Limehouse at 144 and Roy at 165. Brayden gets 7th at 132 therefore u cant put a lower placing guy over two people who have placed higher, and were closer to their current weights now. not saying Brayden Doesn't have what it takes but it would be hard to rank him above with those facts in mind.
He just won Penn Manor

Reactions: trapblock22
was the bracket hard? still not any head to head matchups so i still don't see how you can rank him above Roy.
It was a 31 Team tournament comprised of 2 Maryland schools- Mt. St. Joes (who won it) and Gilman, 2 DE Schools- Sallies and St. Marks and 1 WV School. So, 26 PA Schools. I would say its tougher than Milford, Poly, Delcastle, Canal, etc..
You are correct, no head to head at this point so hard to make that call on paper.

Penn Manor legit tourney. Thought you had the wrong brother at first

Wouldn’t be surprised if he majored or pinned Roy
I can say for the last couple years of watching Malcolm when he is on he is really good. Last year he was up like 13-1 on Lucian and then pinned him, almost pinned Spoor at states, lost 2 OT matches to Norris, lost to Ebaugh I think by a point and even gave Bender a pretty good match. His downside is he can make mistakes and shoot himself on the foot and lose matches to guys he should beat easily. It all depends on which Malcolm you get that day

Reactions: trapblock22
he could, but they haven't wrestled so you cant make that rank up. until head to head or are common opponent loss its not feasible.
Going to have to wait until Indy conferences to find out because it doesn't look like they see each other in the season.

Reactions: Restler89
he could, but they haven't wrestled so you cant make that rank up. until head to head or are common opponent loss its not feasible.

If he won Ironman or Beast of the East, but they still had no head to head or common opponents, would it still not be feasible?

If he won Ironman or Beast of the East, but they still had no head to head or common opponents, would it still not be feasible?
that's different. in no way is the Penn manor tournament anywhere near beast or iron man level. that would mean beating nationally ranked opponents and would be used in rankings.

where is Jack Duffy? I know he is hurt but he will be back. Should be ranked #1 at 150. Also Shane Pierce beat Limehouse at Poly, then was ranked below him..

where is Jack Duffy? I know he is hurt but he will be back. Should be ranked #1 at 150. Also Shane Pierce beat Limehouse at Poly, then was ranked below him..
I heard Duffy tore his ACL so if he comes back it wouldn't be til later and rankings now I assume is for who is actually wrestling. I think once Duffy comes back you would slot him at #1 or #2

Welp... that sorted itself out lol

what's up with the rankings? hasn't changed despite the big upsets throughout.

Yea not sure how a number 1 loses in anything and retains title as 1. Interested to see what happens with Cordrey. After his loss to Girard, very unlikely he gets above 3 seed at state. Looks like some guys are still settling into weights.

113 looks to be one of the deeper weights in state now.

157 seeding could be a mess

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT