ADVERTISEMENT

State Tourney

SCash

Getting reps on JV
Sep 14, 2007
What teams are in? Who are the bubble teams? I have only been following the season loosely. Thanks.

What teams are in? Who are the bubble teams? I have only been following the season loosely. Thanks.
Mount. Smryna. Newark. St.Georges. St. E. Cape..CR..woodbridge..Sallies. Sanford. St.moore..Howard..St .Marks. Appo.. Caravel..Milford.. Glasgow.. William Penn..Hodgson. Tatnall.. Laurel.. I got 21 right now..95% sure these teams will be in..

Reactions: Patcomic
We can start a forecast of 1-24 since we're halfway through the season. Here's my best early guess for seeding

1. Mount
2. Smyrna
3. Newark
4. St. E
5. St. Thomas More
6. CR
7. Woodbridge
8. St. Georges
9. Caravel
10. Cape
11. Hodgson
12. Glasgow
13. Appo
14. St. Mark's
15. Sanford
16. A.I.
17. Sallies
18. Milford
19. Newark Charter
20. Penn
21. Laurel
22. Tatnall
23. Lake
24. Howard

Woodgreen is cool, just likes stirring the pot, knowledgeable guy....people keep biting on it so he keeps it going.....I was just having fun with the guy

No downstate team should be in the top 10 besides Smyrna , not even top 15 ....

No downstate team should be in the top 10 besides Smyrna , not even top 15 ....

You are dillusional...Smyrna & St. Thomas More are Top 5 while Cape, CR & maybe even Woodbridge can all make good cases for Top 10. Smyrna has the lone in-state loss to Sanford & has rebounded well from that, Cape gave Mt. Pleasant all it could handle & led going into the 4th, CR's 3 losses are to Smyrna, Cape & A.I. who are all Top 10-15 teams.

Agreed Cape and CR both belong in the top 10. I would leave Woodbridge out because of the loss to CR but definitely top 15 without a doubt. Blows my mind half the stuff people say on here.

Reactions: 84rider
Agreed Cape and CR both belong in the top 10. I would leave Woodbridge out because of the loss to CR but definitely top 15 without a doubt. Blows my mind half the stuff people say on here.

The gap between the Henlopen North & South has been ridiculous the past couple of years. A good undefeated Woodbridge team loses to CR who is the 3rd best team in the Henlopen North right now & last year Milford swept the Henlopen South but loss to Cape, Smyrna, Dover & CR.

Wasn't Counting stm as downstate seeing as all the players are from Newark / Wilmington but okay school Location & woobridge an cr are horrible if that's what slower lower is looking for in a top 10 team guaranteed none of them make it even out the second round maybe first if it's not a indepent or something we'll matter fact Newark charter would beat all of them no talent except for cr with no coach

Wasn't Counting stm as downstate seeing as all the players are from Newark / Wilmington but okay school Location & woobridge an cr are horrible if that's what slower lower is looking for in a top 10 team guaranteed none of them make it even out the second round maybe first if it's not a indepent or something we'll matter fact Newark charter would beat all of them no talent except for cr with no coach

Ummm...I'm pretty sure only Revelle is from Wilmington I'm assuming coming from Howard & nobody from Newark as far as I know. Your guarantees are crazy & you are clueless talking about Newark Charter would beat all of them.

The gap between the Henlopen North & South has been ridiculous the past couple of years. A good undefeated Woodbridge team loses to CR who is the 3rd best team in the Henlopen North right now & last year Milford swept the Henlopen South but loss to Cape, Smyrna, Dover & CR.
The gap between downstate and upstate is ridiculous seen a downstate player saying beating delcastle meant they could beat any team downstate ... delcastle.... I'll just stop there

Ummm...I'm pretty sure only Revelle is from Wilmington I'm assuming coming from Howard & nobody from Newark as far as I know. Your guarantees are crazy & you are clueless talking about Newark Charter would beat all of them.
Lol know your stuff ... don't talk like you know if you really don't , guess you only know stuff people say on here like that he went to Howard i know for a fact they are all from up here so try again & will see what you say after the second round when Smyrna and stm are the only teams left & as far as Newark charter it wasn't serious the fact you think It was shows how weak downstate is newark charter isn't even top 15 down here they'd be top 5 if not 10 ranked amongst downstate

Lol know your stuff ... don't talk like you know if you really don't , guess you only know stuff people say on here like that he went to Howard i know for a fact they are all from up here so try again & will see what you say after the second round when Smyrna and stm are the only teams left & as far as Newark charter it wasn't serious the fact you think It was shows how weak downstate is newark charter isn't even top 15 down here they'd be top 5 if not 10 ranked amongst downstate

Obviously you are the one who does not know his stuff. I am not speaking from hearsay on the board I am speaking from facts which are that Bloodsworth, West & Scott (who is not playing right now) are all from Smyrna while Gordon is also from Kent County, Montanez came in from PA. I have watched the Smyrna kids since middle school. Those are the facts so it looks like your are the one who is talking like you know & basically knows nothing. Now care to explain how they are all from up there when it seems as if it is only Revelle?

Not gonna get into this after this response cause obviously you have nothing better to do if your following middle school sports , gotta find something else to do something pal... all I'm saying is there 4 players who played at the towers all summer i highly doubt anybody would drive from Smyrna to Newark just for street ball but hey if they do it just backs what I said that downstate talent is weak even when talking pick up games

Last edited:
Not gonna get into this after this response cause obviously you have nothing better to do if your following middle school sports , gotta find something else to do something pal... all I'm saying is there 4 players who played at the towers all summer i highly doubt anybody would drive from Smyrna to Newark just for street ball but hey if they do it just backs what I said that downstate talent is weak even when talking pick up games
Straight clown... With those posts.... Smh

I wouldn't say downstate talent is weak at all we may be down a year or two but you look in the past downstate has had the kid Mallory from polytech Gatorade player of the year Jordan Allen all state selection from Dover and my son Sykes from Sussex tech all 3 players went to the playoffs and could compete with any upstate teams up next they have corey Corbin from Woodbridge and Robinson from CR that can compete at high levels downstate talent is not as weak as your claiming

I wouldn't say downstate talent is weak at all we may be down a year or two but you look in the past downstate has had the kid Mallory from polytech Gatorade player of the year Jordan Allen all state selection from Dover and my son Sykes from Sussex tech all 3 players went to the playoffs and could compete with any upstate teams up next they have corey Corbin from Woodbridge and Robinson from CR that can compete at high levels downstate talent is not as weak as your claiming
Smryna and Cape thats it... C.R got destroyed by both of them....

Straight clown... With those posts.... Smh

Exactly...nothing to get into because you realize that you are way off. I follow DE kids even before middle school sports via AAU because that is what I enjoy doing seeing how our young kids progress. Next time you may want to know THE FACTS before speaking because you have still yet to name another kid outside of Revelle from up that way on the STMA roster...reason being is because there are none. Kids play everywhere throughout the summer to get their game up so just because you see them playing up that way does not mean that they are from there.

Reactions: 84rider
Smryna and Cape thats it... C.R got destroyed by both of them....

Smyrna & Cape definitely top 2 teams in Henlopen but when talking downstate as a whole I think St. Thomas More is just as good as Smyrna & better than Cape. CR was my preseason sleeper team & has gotten better as the season has came on & should give Cape a run for their money @ CR this Friday.

Last edited:
Smyrna & Cape definitely top 2 teams in Henlopen but when talking downstate as a whole I think St. Thomas More is just as good as Smyrna & better than Cape. CR was my preseason sleeper team & has gotten better as the season has came on & should give Cape a run for their money @ CR this Friday.
I agree St. Moore is in my finał 4.. I was just talking about teams that was mentioned.. Yea C.R and Cape should be good.. Cape beat them by 18 First time but C.R will fight harder this time and mąkę it real close...

I agree St. Moore is in my finał 4.. I was just talking about teams that was mentioned.. Yea C.R and Cape should be good.. Cape beat them by 18 First time but C.R will fight harder this time and mąkę it real close...

Sitting at 9-3 & looking at the remainder of CR's schedule don't be surprised if they have a chance at a bye in the 7-8 range come playoff time IF they win the games that they are supposed to win. They picked up 4 points w/ that Woodbridge win, received 2 points for their Smyrna loss & will receive another 2 even if they lose to them again, +1 for the Cape loss & have a good chance at getting +2 for the loss to A.I. who is 10-3 right now.

Reactions: ShowTalent40
Cape should or could run the table and finish with 16 wins that would give them a great seed and chance to get to the Bob

Out of state losses to good teams still generate point towards tournament bids.
I guess that's partially the reason Sanford does that every year. Because you get points, even when you lose. Which is a joke. You should never be awarded anything for losing. Never understood that.

So you would prefer Sanford go 20-0 and schedule McKean, Dickinson, etc? The NCAA tournament includes strength of schedule. The only time records only can be compared is if teams play similiarly difficult schedules- that happens in pro sports. Sanford has beaten the #3 and #7 teams in the NJ rankings- your anti-private bias leads you to poor conclusions if you think they don't deserve to get credit for their schedule.

Reactions: jvm3
I guess that's partially the reason Sanford does that every year. Because you get points, even when you lose. Which is a joke. You should never be awarded anything for losing. Never understood that.
I agree....

So you would prefer Sanford go 20-0 and schedule McKean, Dickinson, etc? The NCAA tournament includes strength of schedule. The only time records only can be compared is if teams play similiarly difficult schedules- that happens in pro sports. Sanford has beaten the #3 and #7 teams in the NJ rankings- your anti-private bias leads you to poor conclusions if you think they don't deserve to get credit for their schedule.
Sanford can get all thé Points you want ... They be Lucky to make it to thé Bob.. Dont care who thé beat out of State. Simply not a good team this year...

Reactions: ShowTalent40
Sanford can get all thé Points you want ... They be Lucky to make it to thé Bob.. Dont care who thé beat out of State. Simply not a good team this year...

Fine... tell that to Smyrna: Sanford 64, Smyrna 54.
Tell that to Glasgow... Sanford 60, Glasgow 49.

If Sanford isn't a good team, then only one team in the state is.

Reactions: theWILL2WIN
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT