ADVERTISEMENT

Stats as of 5/6/18

oldskool42

In the weight room getting big
Apr 30, 2012
Useless stats for those that might enjoy them or find them interesting...

Most Runs scored per game average...

11.0 Caesar Rodney
9.3 Glasgow
8.9 Concord
8.8 St Georges
8.7 DMA

Fewest Runs scored per game Allowed...

2.4 Delmar
2.4 Sallies
2.5 Wm Penn
2.5 Cape
2.8 Mtown

Most Runs per game Allowed...

19.3 St Thomas More
16.5 DAPSS
15.0 MOT Charter
13.9 Tatnall

Least Runs per game scored…

0.9 DAPSS
2.3 Seaford
2.8 St Thomas More

Fewest Errors per game

1.0 Delmar
1.2 Bwine
1.2 Mtown

Most Errors per game (recorded)

5.5 St Thomas More
4.4 First State Military
4.4 DAPSS

Home Runs (Team )

24 Cape (potentially most ever)
9 Newark Charter
8 Middletown
8 Sallies
8 Sussex Tech

Home Runs (individual 9 is most in a season)

6 Gelof (Cape)
5 Elliott (Cape)
4 Dale (Cape)
4 Valentine (Sanford)
4 N Hardcastle (RLCA)
4 Buglio (N. Charter)
4 Maguire (Sallies)

Pitching Record (let me know if Im off on records)

6-1 Insley (Wm Penn)
6-2 Nelson (Friends)
5-0 Mullen (Friends)
5-0 Finocchiaro (St Georges)
5-1 Silan (Caravel)

Interesting tidbits...

161 Homeruns this year so far (159 total last year)

10 GrandSlams this year so far (11 total last year)

Undefeated teams...NONE

Winless teams...DAPSS, St Thomas, Seaford

Proud parent Cape Updated HR standings 5/8
1) Gelof 6. Cape
1) Elliott 6. Cape
2) Dale 4 Cape
2) Gelof (Jake) 4 Cape
* 4 other players in State tied with 4
3) Johnson 3 Cape

Both of you guys should be extremely proud, good luck the rest of the way

I am glad my son doesn’t look at this DEPreps stuff, (now that I’ve checked in again I want to avoid it too) he would NOT like all the chest pounding on his behalf or knocking any other player or team. Not his style at all. He has nothing but respect for all the teams and players mentioned (very much including CR what they’ve done, Gialardi and his abilities.) We play CR, St Marks in season (heck IR is gonna be tough Thurs) and someone is gonna settle all these things by the time a final out is called at Frawley. I know all for fun but can we back off all this banter a bit till then? Guess I need to just stick to the Oldskol posts otherwise. All this seems way too early there is so much talent this year just on Cape let alone the State.

Proud parent Cape Updated HR standings 5/8
1) Gelof 6. Cape
1) Elliott 6. Cape
2) Dale 4 Cape
2) Gelof (Jake) 4 Cape
* 4 other players in State tied with 4
3) Johnson 3 Cape

And you said your kid doesn't approve of this chest bumping and it just so happens you came on again when you try to avoid it ?????

Good point, hypocracy on its face noted. I am proud of what Cape is doing as a team as a whole. I’ve coached most of these players and this Cape leaderboard gives me a big smile off of years of travel ball. I posted to take pride in this team accomplishment including my younger son being in the mix. What I said before is 100% accurate, my older son is a humble sort and wouldn’t care for boasting on his behalf. So maybe the slight distinction is lost ... this is less about about look at him and more about look at the Cape dominated leaderboard. But ok maybe I should have smiled and not posted at risk of offending some people. And finally a point of my last post was intended to be as much about not being a fan of proping up one player at expense of other extremely good players ... which is where I thought that thread was headed. But ok I am on here not anonymous and posted so I guess that puts me out to take shots that get more personal. I am new here so still learning best practices.

Last edited:
Agelof....i wouldn't worry about the boards. This is a great experience thus far for your family and team family...take it all in and enjoy. Im a northerner but I have had the pleasure of sitting with the Cape Crew during games a couple of times over the last few years and everyone was fun. Seemed like good peeps. Good luck the remainder of the season...

Well said Mr. Gelof, your candor and honesty is enlightening. Hell yeah, you and players should be proud. and you are 100 % correct regarding the team as a whole. Saw Cape play scrimmage in March, and they were very good. Have seen a few season games down there, and they seem to have gotten better as a 'Team", which I think is the point. Obviously the pitching staff is stellar, and the power throughout the line up is obvious. the defense is also top notch- Catcher is outstanding (it is extremely hard to handle those pitchers, 90+ mph every game), infield play looks like college level, not many balls hit to outfield, but they look to be pretty good.
IMO it is fine to note great performances, by players and teams. so no offense taken here.
there are lots of good players and teams, so the state tournament should be interesting, anything can happen in baseball
A tip of the hat to Cape Henlopen thus far. But it ain't over. Good luck to all down the stretch!!

Seems like a good thing I’ve been to busy to look here today or I’d have stirred the pot real good putting some keyboard bullies on blast. Think I’m gonna make a new acct and have some fun !

And you said your kid doesn't approve of this chest bumping and it just so happens you came on again when you try to avoid it ?????

Kids being humble and not wanting attention is completely different then a father being proud. Dads are suppose to be proud and AG feels like most of that Cape team are HIS kids about 99.9% of them have worn his orgs uniform. So I’m proud of him for doing what he’s done to contribute to the Cape success. If Cape wins or doesn’t I can say it’s been a dam fun year watching those boys play they all know their role they all contribute no one complains not even a single parent on playing time. They are having a great time being a team and becoming men , that’s what it’s all about.

Reactions: 84rider
Good point, hypocracy on its face noted. I am proud of what Cape is doing as a team as a whole. I’ve coached most of these players and this Cape leaderboard gives me a big smile off of years of travel ball. I posted to take pride in this team accomplishment including my younger son being in the mix. What I said before is 100% accurate, my older son is a humble sort and wouldn’t care for boasting on his behalf. So maybe the slight distinction is lost ... this is less about about look at him and more about look at the Cape dominated leaderboard. But ok maybe I should have smiled and not posted at risk of offending some people. And finally a point of my last post was intended to be as much about not being a fan of proping up one player at expense of other extremely good players ... which is where I thought that thread was headed. But ok I am on here not anonymous and posted so I guess that puts me out to take shots that get more personal. I am new here so still learning best practices.
I can appreciate your answer not sure why so many are twisting my question into something it isn’t . Just wondering why when someone says they’re child doesn’t like chest pounding and then pound your chest . I wish you , your kids and everyone on team a successful season and Iam not trying to bully anyone. , just a question on a discussion board that’s all. !

Cape will lose in first playoff game coaching is awful

Especially when they have to play on the big boy fields, and not the 50-70 fields that they hit homeruns on. No wonder Cape is hitting so many homeruns. The fences are just over 250 feet.

Hey look a couple trolls are here to make absurd statements that are so outlandish that make you question their IQ level. Ridiculous.

#clownstatement
Don’t sweat that guys whole second post ever. The ball your boy hit at Appo was out of any stadium on earth. I’d like to know where the kid at Sanford has hit his four homers. The right field line is 225’. There’s even a sign that says so.

Reactions: Bucsnot
Cape is one of the top teams in the state and has no chance of losing in first round . I will double whatever the bet is urbaseballdaddy takes on . Ok maybe a 1% chance. Lol.

Hey look a couple trolls are here to make absurd statements that are so outlandish that make you question their IQ level. Ridiculous.
How ironic that when the winds blow they all blow out towards the fence. Except for Indian river’s field, you actually have to hit into the wind to hit it out. Their field is a big boy field unlike Sussex Tech and Cape. When the wind blows and it goes out on those field.

Cape is one of the top teams in the state and has no chance of losing in first round . I will double whatever the bet is urbaseballdaddy takes on . Ok maybe a 1% chance. Lol.
When you have a ninth grader streaking out the heart of your order you have chance to lose in the first round

Yes, Cape is having a tremendous year on beating down state teams. But when it comes to the playoffs everyone is equal. It doesn’t matter how many games are one, because it only takes one to be eliminated.

I can appreciate your answer not sure why so many are twisting my question into something it isn’t . Just wondering why when someone says they’re child doesn’t like chest pounding and then pound your chest . I wish you , your kids and everyone on team a successful season and Iam not trying to bully anyone. , just a question on a discussion board that’s all. !

I posted an update to the HR stats provided in this thread listing that a new leaderboard would have 4 Cape players occupying top spots (with another Cape player one outside.) Those are just facts. You called that chest pounding. To some degree I agreed but explained the team aspect that existed in my mind. You don’t like what I did and still don’t understand or accept my explanation and the difference between my posts that’s your prerogative. I don’t think anyone on here called you a bully. Some people seem to get it and you don’t.

Clearly a lot of haters. Lol Cape’s field is one of the bigger fields in the State and 1/2 of these numbers come on the road. An opinion that Cape is anywhere close to 250 or the numbers are explained by home field is just silly. As to the coaching we wouldn’t trade ours for any others, so I guess we will just see how it plays out. Like I said before, there is a ton of talent in this State especially in this 2018 class. Lot of big arms capable of shutting down teams and clearly Cape will have a target on their back (but that’s part of being a top team.) In the end it’s all noise and public’s are still underdogs based on history and what has happened almost uniformly in the playoffs. The move to Frawley is a legitimate point to make ... I hope we are there for multiple games and see if it comes to pass.

Wish some of these posters that go so negative or make outlandish claims they expect to have validity were willing to put their name to them. Lot of anonymous courage of conviction and bravado.

I posted an update to the HR stats provided in this thread listing that a new leaderboard would have 4 Cape players occupying top spots (with another Cape player one outside.) Those are just facts. You called that chest pounding. To some degree I agreed but explained the team aspect that existed in my mind. You don’t like what I did and still don’t understand or accept my explanation and the difference between my posts that’s your prerogative. I don’t think anyone on here called you a bully. Some people seem to get it and you don’t.

Clearly a lot of haters. Lol Cape’s field is one of the bigger fields in the State and 1/2 of these numbers come on the road. An opinion that Cape is anywhere close to 250 or the numbers are explained by home field is just silly. As to the coaching we wouldn’t trade ours for any others, so I guess we will just see how it plays out. Like I said before, there is a ton of talent in this State especially in this 2018 class. Lot of big arms capable of shutting down teams and clearly Cape will have a target on their back (but that’s part of being a top team.) In the end it’s all noise and public’s are still underdogs based on history and what has happened almost uniformly in the playoffs. The move to Frawley is a legitimate point to make ... I hope we are there for multiple games and see if it comes to pass.

Wish some of these posters that go so negative or make outlandish claims they expect to have validity were willing to put their name to them. Lot of anonymous courage of conviction and bravado.
I completely understand what your saying and I agree cape is having a great season and no matter how big fields are or who’s pitching the kids still have to hit it over the fence . Field sizes haven’t changed since last year so I commend the kids who can hit so many in a season . And I also said I appreciate your answer never said I disagreed with it or did I say it was wrong . To the contrary I like when people post stats cause I’m a stats person . Originally in first post I didn’t get your point after your first response I get it ! I hope you don’t think I’m attacking anyone or any one team . Your team is one of the classiest teams in state play game the right way . Fun to watch them play and can’t wait to see how well every kid in Delaware does !

I completely understand what your saying and I agree cape is having a great season and no matter how big fields are or who’s pitching the kids still have to hit it over the fence . Field sizes haven’t changed since last year so I commend the kids who can hit so many in a season . And I also said I appreciate your answer never said I disagreed with it or did I say it was wrong . To the contrary I like when people post stats cause I’m a stats person . Originally in first post I didn’t get your point after your first response I get it ! I hope you don’t think I’m attacking anyone or any one team . Your team is one of the classiest teams in state play game the right way . Fun to watch them play and can’t wait to see how well every kid in Delaware does !

We are all good.

Seems like a good thing I’ve been to busy to look here today or I’d have stirred the pot real good putting some keyboard bullies on blast. Think I’m gonna make a new acct and have some fun !
FYI here’s the bully quote !
Don’t worry I don’t find this offensive I think it’s funny but just wanted to show where I got the bully quote !

Cape will lose in first playoff game coaching is awful

"awful" is a strong word. However, it is widely known that opposing coaches are grateful for all the free outs Cape gives away trying to play small ball, with multiple run leads. All while hitting 25+ home runs.. Some on a big field that has been there for over 30 years.

How ironic that when the winds blow they all blow out towards the fence. Except for Indian river’s field, you actually have to hit into the wind to hit it out. Their field is a big boy field unlike Sussex Tech and Cape. When the wind blows and it goes out on those field.

Really? Your're argument for them hitting all those home runs is because of the wind? Did Cape do a huge renovation and move the fences in, between last year and this year that I am unaware of? Do they have two separate fences they put up, one for the visiting team, and one for them to use that they switch in and out between innings? Man, take a walk with all your nonsense.

Yes, Cape is having a tremendous year on beating down state teams. But when it comes to the playoffs everyone is equal. It doesn’t matter how many games are one, because it only takes one to be eliminated.

I agree with you, when it comes to the playoffs it is a single elimination and anything can happen. But there will be a huge disparity in talent between Cape and whoever their first game in the playoffs is against. I'm with everyone else and will triple the bet on Cape winning their first game in the playoffs.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT