ADVERTISEMENT

Teams to watch in 2017...second half

Dude I get you're a SC fan but how in the hell can they be a team to watch? Maybe add Polytech instead of SC to the list.

Poly was on list...just missed when posting

Sussex central will be spoiler of the henlopen conference....great coaching

Not sure how you can honestly say that SC will be a "spoiler" in anything. I don't see them beating anyone in the North.

Central will win 6 games in second half of season

Vince Evans is coach.....seaford star from when they were coached by Steve johnson

Reactions: 84rider
I agree Laurel, Sussex Academy, Christiana, IR and Delmarva Christian maybe S.Tech there's your six definitely not a "spoiler" kind of team

Call me a homer but CR could make a run, currently sitting at 5-3. Play Poly tomorrow, should be a good game

Only losses are to Cape, Smyrna & Close loss to AI, means they are Winning the games they are supposed to and losing to the next tier teams. Need to step up and prove they can play with more talented teams

I like both Poly and CR. Both beat Dover basically for 3rd in the conference should be a good game. I think CR is more talented but Poly is really scrappy so I wouldn't count them out either.

Call me a homer but CR could make a run, currently sitting at 5-3. Play Poly tomorrow, should be a good game

I agree...CR was my preseason sleeper team & I expect them to put together some wins during the second half of the season before the playoffs begin.

I agree Laurel, Sussex Academy, Christiana, IR and Delmarva Christian maybe S.Tech there's your six definitely not a "spoiler" kind of team
Combined enrollment of above schools,not counting tech,is just a few students more than central....kind of sad

I haven't seen a Henlopen team this season.

Two teams I have seen that could be a factor are Newark Charter and Hodgson.

Newark Charter should be a nice story, they'll make the tournament because the Diamond State really doesn't have a standout team and they should be able to win it and have the wins to get the 17-24 seed range.

Hodgson's guards are aggressive and when Stansbury's doing his dance like he was last night, they're pretty tough. They did a really good job defensively on Inge last night and forcing other players for AI to beat them, and they couldn't.

CR Woodbridge should be a good game Friday night, anybody seen Woodbridge this year. Thoughts

Newark Charter should be a nice story, they'll make the tournament because the Diamond State really doesn't have a standout team and they should be able to win it and have the wins to get the 17-24 seed range.

Hodgson's guards are aggressive and when Stansbury's doing his dance like he was last night, they're pretty tough. They did a really good job defensively on Inge last night and forcing other players for AI to beat them, and they couldn't.
Charter will make the tournament because half the state does... No other sate tournament is so loose with admittance. Sorry my bad, girls basket ball too.

Woodbridge is good they have taken of busisness so far but not quite sure who to compare them to yet because they haven't played anyone good yet. If they can find a way to beat CR on Friday I'll be impressed.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT