ADVERTISEMENT

The Freeman Report

Uncle Bumfuzzled

D1AA Prospect
Sep 11, 2012

Channeling my inner Bib, I found this hint from Brian Kelly that he was ready to go and had a chosen successor. Sure, the snippet of the interview doesn’t have any context, but Kelly was pumping Assistant Freeman only 6 months after he was hired.

Coach Freeman and ND have to play Oklahoma State on New Years Day. It doesn’t get any easier as they open at Ohio State next year. He may start his HC career 0-2 but I don’t care. They got the right guy. Urban Meyer ain’t worthy.

I guess my Kelly bashing days are over. Bye bye, Brian,

I like the hire but all the gushing over this guy is a bit premature

The fair weather fan base of Notre Dame will turn on this guy in a second if things go south. Let’s hope that doesn’t happen.

Reactions: Uncle Bumfuzzled
The fan base was never in love with Kelly, and he had 5 straight 10 win seasons at the end of his tenure!
Marcus Freeman seems to have the authenticity of Knute, Ara & Lou.

Just seeing this. I know that top wants me to go to counseling for my fixation of "Big Game" Brian. Look, he accomplished a hell of a lot more than Bob Davies, Tyrone Willingham and Charlie Weis combined. He closed out his tenure at ND with 5 straight 10 win seasons. Yet the man has always given me the creeps.

The Louisiana accent was actually funny. We have all seen the routine where somebody is trying to hard to fit in and makes an ass of themselves. My sense is that BK is in for an awakening down South. Yes, the Irish have some hardcore fans all over the country. In Louisiana, the LSU FB coach is most important person in the state.

Glad he is gone. Wish him the best.

Last edited:
BK, if you can’t stand the heat get out of the kitchen then out of the frying pan and into the fire….UD would of been a better fit

Reactions: Uncle Bumfuzzled
You Sallies people and your ND / Sals talk gets old .... sad
Buc, I admit to being sad. Yet I don’t believe all of the 7 folks who commented on this thread are both or either Sals and ND fans.
Unsure if there is a current concurrency of fandom. (whatever that means.)

Last edited:
Oh I left out all things Food and Beverage also, just saying of course

@Uncle Bumfuzzled curious on your thoughts, with the firing of Urban Meyer, do you think ND might try and get him. I am not a fan of the man, but in college he gets you to top 4 and national titles quite frequently.

Reactions: 84rider
If this were last year and Coach Meyer was still on the bench, I believe AD Swarbick and Meyer would have made the deal. Now, Meyer is damaged goods in the eyes of Father Jenkins and AD Swarbick. Most importantly, ND has their man.

Sometimes, the best move is the one you don’t make. Like when Weis got canned, the sexy ND hire would have been Jon Gruden. (Gruden‘s dad was a Holtz assistant and Gruden went to HS in South Bend..) My God, what if Gruden had gotten hired…now that we know what was in his head.

I think Meyer reappears like at Auburn or Missouri…some place that is desperate to please their fan base..

Freeman will probably drop his first 2 games as HC but he should get 3-4 full years to be judged.

Reactions: Longagoplayer
From my post a few days ago…

Freeman will probably drop his first 2 games as HC but he should get 3-4 full years to be judged.”

Reactions: 84rider
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT