ADVERTISEMENT

The youth movement in Girls High School Basketball has served notice...

Justabasketballfan

Getting reps on JV
Mar 16, 2015
Sanford and Ursuline are on a collision course. with the two teams almost having the same schedules it was a for gone conclusion that they would meet in the championship. Ursuline looks to be the favorite after about 12 point win at Sanford when they last met. I will say both kind of felt each other out in that game will make it a tough game when they meet in the championship. But I will say that the rest the state has served notice to this two programs that other schools are on the rise to be able to compete with them in the near future:

-The first is the young upstart Conrad team. With the 8th grader (also the coaches daughter) playing very well from the beginning and has led her team to the final four. Here this school struggled last year to get into play offs and now there in the final four a year later. What difference a year makes. The good and the bad is that there is another 7th grader (the other coaches daughter) who everyone says is better than her sister will be there next year. It is scary to think what they will look like next year. They are also hope to get size next year as well at their school which shows to be there only weakness if you call that a weakness since there in the final four.

-The second school is St. Thomas more. Who gave everyone an eye full of what may come for the near future. They missed a big scoring weapon who tore her ACL towards the end of the season this year. But they showed that they have a great point guard who could direct the offense. They will be scary.

- The third is St. Georges tech. If the rumors that are circulating around about some transfers that could be coming to that school they will be a force next year. Not saying they will be champions but they will take that next step to move up the rankings.

-The fourth is Hodgson. They will lose some great seniors this year, but the youth movement has begun they basically ran 4 guards and a big and pressed everybody to no end. They too are looking to a get big for next year and another great guard that is supposed to transfer in next year.

Other schools who will serve notice: Howard, and Mount pleasant

Other schools who will reload for next year but had a solid year this year: caravel, ceaser Rodney, st. Elizabeth, and padua

Great review.

Just a rumor but I heard the girl down south at Laurel may be looking to bring her game north, could St Georges or Hodgson be the destination or maybe Sussex Tech who also has a lot returners? I think they will be the class of the Henlopen Conference over CR next year.

Last edited:
Great review.

Just a rumor but I heard the girl down south at Laurel may be looking to bring her game north, could St Georges or Hodgson be the destination or maybe Sussex Tech who also has a lot returners? I think they will be the class of the Henlopen Conference over CR next year.

if true, good for her, the naysayers will see her torch the supposed good players too

The Howard-Hodgson battle for Flight B next year is going to be one of the fun storylines of the season.

Concord loses McLaughlin and Panchak, but bringing back Selby/Dennis/Snow/Procak definitely make them a team to watch still and they have a nice class of freshmen who are getting varsity experience right now. Would like to see Grant (50) get more time, she's quite agile and quick for her size.

I was impressed with St. Thomas More's moxie on Saturday, didn't even know they were missing a key player, so that definitely makes it interesting.

Conrad really might be developing something special and to have a team this young getting Final Four experience, no matter how tonight ends, is HUGE for them going forward.

Ursuline and Sanford of course never rebuild, they just reload, so girls' basketball in Delaware is in REALLY good shape.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT