ADVERTISEMENT

This Weeks Early Games - March 28, 2016

oldskool42

In the weight room getting big
Apr 30, 2012
Monday

Wood (1-0) @ Tech (1-0). If this one gets played I would expect Tech to have a big advantage. Tech won this matchup last year 9-4 and has won every matchup for the past 7 years.

Tuesday

Appo (2-0) @ Smyrna (2-0). This game of the day is at HIGH NOON. Both teams have jumped out to a 2-0 start on the season. Smyrna has yet to give up a run and have only given up 3 total hits in both of their games against Delmar & IR with Carrow and Barkley on the mound. Appo has played well beating Hodgson and Newark Charter. Appo’s pitchers have not been as sharp as expected in the first two games, but their bats have made up for it scoring 16 runs in two games. Both teams will get their first true test of the season though in this game with two legit top ten teams. Appo has a tough week this week if the weather is good…@Smyrna, Sallies on Thursday and Cape on Saturday while Smyrna only has this game this week. I believe this is the first time these two teams have met in the regular season. I would have to give Smyrna the advantage in this one given they are home and can throw their their best pitching.

St Georges (1-0) @ Sallies. This will be Sallies first game. St Georges beat Wm Penn 5-0 in its first game. Sallies has three games this week, so it will be interesting to see how deep they are this year. St Georges has only this game this week and actually doesn’t play again until Thursday April 7th. St Georges lost to Sallies last year 6-1 but beat Sallies in 2014 7-4.

Milford (2-1) @ Archmere (1-0). Milford already has 3 games under its belt compared to Archmere’s 1 game. I see that as an advantage. Mow has pitched well and Thornley has been good in relief for Milford despite the team giving up 18 runs over 3 games. They can also hit the ball a little getting 17 runs over those same 3 games. Orzel pitched really for Archmere in their first game.

William Penn (0-1) @ Glasgow (1-0). Wm Penn only mustered 4 hits against a good St Georges team in their first game while Glasgow exploded in the 5th inning with 7 runs against A.I. Dupont. Wm Penn has won their last two matchups with Glasgow.

Tower Hill (0-1) @ St Elizabeth (1-0). Tower Hill lost a close one to Milford in its first game while St E came from behind late to squeak by Concord. This should be a good matchup.

Concord (0-1) @ Hodgson (0-2). Hodgson especially can’t afford another loss this early.

Tech (1-0) @ Newark (0-1). Tech should roll.

Dickinson (0-1) @ Conrad (1-0). Dickinson gave up 18 runs to Mt P. Conrad is probably a better team than Mt P.

Wednesday

Polytech (2-0) @ Dover (3-0). Great matchup with two top ten teams from the Henlopen North. Poly’s bats were exploding against IR & Lake scoring 34 runs and ten running both teams. But Poly gave up 12 runs to IR in its first game. Poly came back tough against Lake though and only allowed 1 run. This will obviously be its first true test of the season. Dover actually struggled with lake needing a 6-run final inning to win 7-3. But Dover did very well at their holiday tournament outscoring Easton & Parkside 24-4. Poly beat Dover in 2015 4-2.

St Marks (1-0) @ CR (1-1). CR hasn’t played well thus far into 2016. They allowed Milford to score 5 runs in the 6th inning to come back and beat them. Then they only beat Seaford 5-3. St Marks on the other hand came out like gang busters beating Hodgson 12-0 with a complete game no hit performance from Reich. St Marks won 3 straight close regular season games over CR (5-4, 5-4, 2-0).

Glasgow (1-0) @ DMA (1-1). This will be Glasgow’s second game in back to back days. They needed 7runs late to be A.I. We will see how deep they are with back to back games. DMA had a heartbreak loss to Middletown on opening day giving up 6 runs in the 6th to lose 9-8. DMA jumped out on Mt P with 7 runs in the 2nd, but didn’t score much after that winning 9-4. DMA beat Glasgow 3-0 in 2015 as well as the 3 previous seasons to that.

Mtown (1-0) @ Hodgson (0-2). Mtown had a big comeback against DMA, then a back and forth game with Tech resulting in a 10-10 tie game to finish at another time. Mtown’s pitching is suspect at this point, but they are hitting the ball and fighting to win. Hodgson had a decent game against Appo up 3-0 early only to lose 7-5. But against St Marks, Hodgson was overpowered 12-0 and got no hits. Hodgson beat Mtown

I went to the William Penn v Glasgow game. Only problem...no game. Come on man, perfect day for baseball.

Smyrna-Appo 1-1, Middle of 4th
Smy-Appo 1-1. Top 5th

Last edited:
Smy-Appo 1-1 Bottom of 6th coming up. Carrow done, Barkley finished the 5th. Garrett done, K Banning pitching.

Appo 5 Smy 1---Weglarz doubled to score two and Fields homered to score two more. Now bottom of 7th

os42... Several errors, lots of guys left on base (especially for Smyrna), good pitching on both sides. Pretty good for so early in the season. I suspect these teams may see each other again down the road. Btw, good call on your prediction!

So much for my predictions...Sussex Tech lost again. This time to Newark. 8yaz has to be happy.

Would be happier if it weren't a noon start and I was able to be there. They should get another win tomorrow against Dickinson. Another noon start! What do they have against fans being at their games?

@yaz
do your chores later...go to the game..
we won't tell your husband....hahahaha

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT