ADVERTISEMENT

TOP 16 according to the DIAA point index system

BlueHen24

Towel boy
May 4, 2007
First of all I just want to say that I have no affiliation with any team in I am just a fan of the game especially here in DE the point index system used is based on the official DIAA standards used for playoff seeding. 2 pts per win 1 bonus pt for every opponent .501 or better additional bonus point if the opponent is .701 or better.

INDEX IS BASED ON GAMES THROUGH 4-25!!

1. Friends 2.75
2. CR 2.70
3. THill 2.67
4. Archmere 2.63
5. Polytech 2.55
6. StMarks 2.50
7. Sallies 2.38
8. Cape 2.30
9. Charter 2.25
10. DMA/Dover 2.22
11. DMA/Dover 2.22
12. Appo/StAndrews/StElizabeth 1.88
13. Appo/StAndrews/StElizabeth 1.88
14. Appo/StAndrews/StElizabeth 1.88
15. Delmar 1.82
16. Caravel 1.80

I'd like to try to head off any people criticizing the DIAA point system by saying the state's seeding system always seems wrong and unfair until the last week or two of the season. At that point, the rankings are generally accurate - a few teams usually end up a lot higher than they should be (DMA in the last few years) and good teams sometimes are left out (St. Andrew's several times in a row a few years ago). It's easy to see that Laxpower.com's rankings are usually closer to the true standings within the state, but the DIAA will not use it because they are afraid of teams running up scores in order to improve their seed, as Laxpower rewards teams for greater goal differentials.

Still too early to worry about where people are right now in the #s -

Sallies will move up with games against TH, Archmere and Cape. Archmere and TH will also move up with upcoming games against opponents with good records.

One interesting twist this year is Sallies may not end up with the #1 seed because their two losses will drag them down. I give them great credit for upgrading their schedule - good for them and good for DE lacrosse - but the point system does not differentiate between a 5-6 Malvern PA and a 5-6 Delaware team.

You can't fault the DIAA for their system...I think it works as a whole. I would not expect them to use laxpower ever...yes I agree the ranking on laxpower is more realistic however, what happens if something happens to the site?

Honestly the only team out of place is Sallies? Yes..Poly is high but there are always teams that get in the tourney with inflated records.

But I agree...still alot of lacrosse to be played!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT