ADVERTISEMENT

TOURNEY -1st ROUND May 24, 2018 - TECH/RLCA

oldskool42

In the weight room getting big
Apr 30, 2012
#23 Sussex Tech (10-8) @ #10 RLCA (14-4). These two did not play this year.

Sussex Tech is better than the 23rd seed I would imagine. Tech started 0-3 this year losing 6-1 to Cape, 7-4 to Central and 3-2 to Smyrna. They responded with 3 straight wins including beating the #1 see Wm Penn 8-7. Then they surprisingly lost 3 straight to CR (23-15), IR (5-4) and Milford (4-6). At 3-6 things didn’t look good for Tech. Since then they have gone 7-2 beating Poly, St Marks, Delmar, Dover and losing a close one to Sallies 2-1. They are only averaging 6 runs per game with 9 homers. They have allowed 86 runs in 18 games, but 23 of those were in one game against CR. If you remove that game they are allowing under 4 runs per game. Sussex Tech has been to 9 post seasons and posted a 7-9 record. They have never been past the Semis (2012). Last year they lost in the 1st round to St E.

RLCA have marched to a 14-4 record this year. They started 4-0 only beating one playoff team though (Newark Charter). Then lost 3 straight to Mtown, Friends & DMA being outscored 43-13. They responded with 9 straight wins which included wins over Archmere, Delmarva Christian as well as decent teams in St Andrews, Brandywine, Glasgow and Tower Hill. They were 3-4 against this years playoff teams. They scored 131 runs (7.3 average per game) with 10 homers this year. Nate Hardcastle and Willis each had 5 a piece. RLCA did allow 83 runs but 43 of them were in the three games agains Mtown, Friends and DMA. Emberger was 4-1, Pusey was 5-1, Sterling was 3-0 and Hardcastle was 2-2. RLCA has only been to 3 post season, but did win games in 2 of those years to get a 2-3 record.

PREDICTION: In my mind the seedings are backwards. Tech is the stronger team but RLCA does have some good pitching. I expect Tech to win big but RLCA’s pitching might rise to the occasion.

Reactions: TouchThemAll
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT