ADVERTISEMENT

TOURNEY - 2nd ROUND Sat May 26 - Tech/St G

oldskool42

In the weight room getting big
Apr 30, 2012
#23 Sussex Tech (11-8) @ #7 St GEORGES (12-4). ST G beat Tech mid season this year 6-0 in a masterful 1 hit/10k performance by Finnocchiaro.

Tech is just coming off an extra innings win over RLCA that took two days to finish. I think Tech threw all of their pitchers in the 12 inning game. Sussex Tech is better than the 23rd seed I would imagine. Tech started 0-3 this year losing 6-1 to Cape, 7-4 to Central and 3-2 to Smyrna. They responded with 3 straight wins including beating the #1 see Wm Penn 8-7. Then they surprisingly lost 3 straight to CR (23-15), IR (5-4) and Milford (4-6). At 3-6 things didn’t look good for Tech. Since then they have gone 7-2 beating Poly, St Marks, Delmar, Dover and losing a close one to Sallies 2-1. They are only averaging 6 runs per game with 9 homers. They have allowed 86 runs in 18 games, but 23 of those were in one game against CR. If you remove that game they are allowing under 4 runs per game. Sussex Tech has been to 9 post seasons and posted a 7-9 record. They have never been past the Semis (2012). Last year they lost in the 1st round to St E.

ST G has had a really good season at 12-4. They were 5-4 against playoff teams including wins over Tech, Wm Penn, Poly, Mtown & Concord. They lost 3-1 to Hodgson, but their other losses were a little concerning…8-3 to Arch, 10-4 to Sallies and 16-2 to Appo. They have impressive wins, but disappointing losses. On the mound, Finnnocchario has been their best at 6-0 on the season. At the plate they have hit 11 homers. St G has traditionally struggled in the post season. They have been to 6 post seasons, but are just 1-6 in games played including 4 straight years of one and dones.

PREDICTION: I think St G is the better all around team and with Tech playing 12 innings over the past 2 days, I think St G has a huge advantage.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT