ADVERTISEMENT

UD Daly?

No idea. Maybe he just thought he could play at a higher level. He may find out that he can or he may find out that he can't.
Does he have a girlfriend at let's say St. Joe's? Who knows.
I wish the young man all of the best.

Anyone know where and why Daly is transferring?
He did make a somewhat interesting comment when he said he needed to transfer for “his overall happiness.” He does live close to St. Joseph’s, it is a step up to the A-10, and his grandfather was a great player there in the 1960’s.

Kinda surprises me, he was Inglesby's first recruit and he was originally committed to another school. Wonder if something is up.

Reactions: Dropping 3's
Kinda surprises me, he was Inglesby's first recruit and he was originally committed to another school. Wonder if something is up.
Let me tell you what I think if he transfers to SJU in the big city not 5 miles from his home. - tampering!, a blatant violation of NCAA rules. This kid had only one bonifide offer (and from a school with a lower basketball profile than UD) but Inglesby saw something in him. Now maybe others do also.

Let me tell you what I think if he transfers to SJU in the big city not 5 miles from his home. - tampering!, a blatant violation of NCAA rules. This kid had only one bonifide offer (and from a school with a lower basketball profile than UD) but Inglesby saw something in him. Now maybe others do also.

It was a decade ago that Jawan Carter left St. Joes to transfer to UD. I don't think anybody claimed tampering then. Look. Daly's dad played for St. Joes. His maternal grandfather (Bo Boyle) played for and coached the Hawks. Watch the kid go somewhere that will surprise you...

https://basketball.realgm.com/player/Jawan-Carter/Summary/10743

Reactions: Dropping 3's
There is nothing better than playing in front of your hometown amongst family and friends.Tradition is alive and well in the Philly/Delco Catholic community,you have to be from Philly/Delco to understand! The roots are very strong.#Lets go Ryan

It was a decade ago that Jawan Carter left St. Joes to transfer to UD. I don't think anybody claimed tampering then. Look. Daly's dad played for St. Joes. His maternal grandfather (Bo Boyle) played for and coached the Hawks. Watch the kid go somewhere that will surprise you...

https://basketball.realgm.com/player/Jawan-Carter/Summary/10743
A good point and better if Carter was named A-10 Rookie of the Year. What really hurts was that Ingelsby was on the verge of turning the long suffering UD program around (they are one L away from an even 1300 program losses). Early signing date has passed and now they must scramble to find a replacement. Sure, Holden bolted two years back but I think that was in reaction to the mess under Ross.

Reactions: Chesdel

dovetail.....here we go. I guess Martelli didn't think the kid was an A-10 player 2 years ago....I guess he has changed his mind....

Heard Daly committed to St Joes. Holden bolted a couple years ago to South Carolina and heard he left there now. Hope it works out but not sure Daly made a good move.

Reactions: Chesdel
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT