ADVERTISEMENT

UD Field

8yaz

Top 100 Prospect
Mar 22, 2007
Can someone provide a status report on the UD baseball field? I road by there yesterday. Besides being covered in snow, it appears to be under construction. Their first home game is scheduled for February 28. Is the field going to be ready for their home opener?

Still don't know if the field will be ready, but game time temperatures for this Friday's home opener look to be around 25 degrees. Will they even play a game at that temperature? What does that temperature do to the bats they are using?

This post was edited on 2/25 6:42 AM by 8yaz

UD moved their first 7 games to Harford Community College.

The home game with Delstate is now in Dover.

I drove by yesterday too, infield turf still needs to be put down.

That's a shame. They picked the wrong winter to build a new baseball field!

I agree. Looks like Delaware State, Wesley and Wilmington will get their homes games in this weekend. Unless it snows again...

Are you serious thinking its the winter? Baseball ends in May and starts again in Sept/Oct.
Thats close to 4 months in the summer where 12-15 work days are possible.

No excuses

They were holding camps, ect during the summer on the baseball field. So, no work was scheduled then.

If it doesn't stop snowing/raining its gonna be a while before many teams can get on the field. Unless maybe the fields freeze!

Originally posted by DE-Sussex:

If it doesn't stop snowing/raining its gonna be a while before many teams can get on the field. Unless maybe the fields freeze!
Going down to 15 degrees tonight, 7 degrees tomorrow night. They're going to freeze. Worst winter EVER continues.

They postponed Friday's game. Probably smart given the game was to be at 11am, and predicted temp at 11am tomorrow is 17 degrees.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT