ADVERTISEMENT

Upcoming season... sleepers?

DEsportsgod

Tackles too high
Nov 18, 2016
We are finally within weeks of the season and I wanna know why everyone's sleeper teams are this year. I'm gonna go with mount pleasant on this one. They have a majority senior team and should be able to buckle down and get it done this year. What's everyone else think

I'll say Red Lion. With the addition of Hardcastle and Willis and one of the weakest schedules in the state they should at the very least make the tournament. Mount has some talent but the returning conference champs Middletown returns 7 out of 8 position starters and all of their pitching. Appo has Steckline and Garrett as well as a bunch of returning starters as well.

I'll say Red Lion. With the addition of Hardcastle and Willis and one of the weakest schedules in the state they should at the very least make the tournament. Mount has some talent but the returning conference champs Middletown returns 7 out of 8 position starters and all of their pitching. Appo has Steckline and Garrett as well as a bunch of returning starters as well.
Mount graduated 1 starter last year

Just saying they won't be better than Middletown or Appo. Mount went 10-8 last year and lost to both Middletown and Appo. Middletown went 14-4 and made it to the final four.

Agreed M-Town should very good this year. Appo has the pitching to carry them however.
Middletown beat Appo last year and has two D-1 committed pitchers, with more to come, just like Appo. Middletown has 4 D-1 commits overall. Middletown has way more pitching depth than Appo. I'm biased as my son plays for Middletown in all fairness. To be the champ you have to beat the champ. Middletown did it last year. They should be the conference favorite.

Son on the team or not @CHS89 M-Town proved last year that they are no joke. My son played with Roher over the summer and that kid can play. Good luck to your son and all of those boys this year. I agree 100% with you though I would favor Middletown over Appo right now at least.

Son on the team or not @CHS89 M-Town proved last year that they are no joke. My son played with Roher over the summer and that kid can play. Good luck to your son and all of those boys this year. I agree 100% with you though I would favor Middletown over Appo right now at least.
Thx. Good luck as well.

For sleepers, I agree on Red Lion and Mount has enough to make life difficult for anyone. The other team up north that might surprise would be Newark Charter. Finally have a senior class and have been playing a killer schedule the last few years. I don't think any of them are a threat to win it, but a quarter or semi appearance isn't out of the question. Also, might be a good year for Glasgow.

For sleepers, I agree on Red Lion and Mount has enough to make life difficult for anyone. The other team up north that might surprise would be Newark Charter. Finally have a senior class and have been playing a killer schedule the last few years. I don't think any of them are a threat to win it, but a quarter or semi appearance isn't out of the question. Also, might be a good year for Glasgow.
I agree. Just curious what could mount do to make life hard for anyone? I know what you mean I just would like to hear more on that

I like what I've seen from Trevor Jump on the mound. He can hold down most lineups and they got a few hitters. Should be tough when he is on mound, just can't underestimate them.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT