ADVERTISEMENT

Update scores here

Appo wins 65-56. Cale had help tonight. His teammates really played well. Newark got exposed a bit tonight. No one could hit an outside shot. They were horrible from the line. And they got KILLED on the boards. Their lack of size really showed tonight. Kineph Turner played his guts out. His younger brother played like a freshman. Very high energy, intense game from the opening tip. Gym was full. Nice season for Newark. Good luck to Appo. If they play like they did tonight, they can play with anyone I've seen this year.

Appo: Perkins-2, Cale-20, Holmes-20, DeLoatch-7, Somelofske-6, Jenkins-10

Newark: Kineph Turner-20, Marshall-6, McCants-4, Zegna-2, Hodges-2, Sharpe-8, Johnson-2, Knox-13

Last edited:
Went to Mount-Cape tonight. Mount never makes it easy on themselves, but that depth and defense is going to be hard to beat. My biggest takeaway from that game is Randy Rickards - kid is a beast. I was impressed with his overall game for a 6'5 guy, which don't see very often in this state.

MP/StG on Sunday should be fun.

Did he play varsity?
Yeah freshman year half Jv tho they had him way more hyped then drumgo-sharpe I couldn't see why he hadn't done much at appo I guess tonight showed a little

Yeah freshman year half Jv tho they had him way more hyped then drumgo-sharpe I couldn't see why he hadn't done much at appo I guess tonight showed a little
Drumgo-Sharpe is way over-rated. He has serious flaws in that jump shot if his.

Drumgo-Sharpe is way over-rated. He has serious flaws in that jump shot if his.
Yeah that shot getting blocked In most states it's not quick enough at all.. I agree he is overrated hasn't shown up in big games was just saying outta the 2 of them Newark staff expected Holmes to put up the numbers sharpe did

Appo wins 65-56. Cale had help tonight. His teammates really played well. Newark got exposed a bit tonight. No one could hit an outside shot. They were horrible from the line. And they got KILLED on the boards. Their lack of size really showed tonight. Kineph Turner played his guts out. His younger brother played like a freshman. Very high energy, intense game from the opening tip. Gym was full. Nice season for Newark. Good luck to Appo. If they play like they did tonight, they can play with anyone I've seen this year.

Appo: Perkins-2, Cale-20, Holmes-20, DeLoatch-7, Somelofske-6, Jenkins-10

Newark: Kineph Turner-20, Marshall-6, McCants-4, Zegna-2, Hodges-2, Sharpe-8, Johnson-2, Knox-13
I agree. This was the best energy and purpose I seen from Appo. Good season Newark and Appo has a good chance to win bracket with their confidence high and real D1 player on their team

I agree. This was the best energy and purpose I seen from Appo. Good season Newark and Appo has a good chance to win bracket with their confidence high and real D1 player on their team
This was my fourth time seeing Appo this year. The three previous times, it was basically Cale and nothing else. The team really stepped it up last night. Have to hand it to them. Playing their best ball, when it counts, which is really what it's all about.

From what I've seen this season, Smyrna is the team to beat, @oldtimer22 not sure how you can discount the henlopen teams.....there is basketball below the canal, news flash
He was asking for scores of 2 games. Not sure how that's discounting anything or anyone.

I'm sure he doesn't need a mouthpiece but thanks for the clarification

From what I've seen this season, Smyrna is the team to beat, @oldtimer22 not sure how you can discount the henlopen teams.....there is basketball below the canal, news flash

As much as I don't like Smyrna and I don't think they're really that good to be honest. You can't teach 7 foot. He can beat any press just by standing in the middle of the court with his hands up. Don't like the Matthews kid, I think he can and will shoot you out of games but at the end of the day. YOU CAN'T TEACH 7ft.

Don't like the Matthews kid, I think he can and will shoot you out of games but at the end of the day.
I like the Matthews kid but typically outside shooters from high school struggle when they play at the Bob. Matthews outside shooting is a huge part of Smyrna's success and for that reason alone, I don't see Smyrna winning it all.

I like the Matthews kid but typically outside shooters from high school struggle when they play at the Bob. Matthews outside shooting is a huge part of Smyrna's success and for that reason alone, I don't see Smyrna winning it all.

I don't like his decision making with his shot let me say that. I've seen a few of their games and one game at slam dunk. He had a great first quarter and forced everything after that and never changed from jacking 3's to say I need to get to the foul line.

I don't like his decision making with his shot let me say that. I've seen a few of their games and one game at slam dunk. He had a great first quarter and forced everything after that and never changed from jacking 3's to say I need to get to the foul line.
Only seen him once.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT