ADVERTISEMENT

Way too early too 10

delawarenole

Top 100 Prospect
Mar 29, 2002
This is just for fun and to get us talking lacrosse so no fighting - it got ugly end of last season keep that out of this thread.

In no specific order:

Salesianum - lost a ton in Santore, Falconetti, Fowler, Etc but has 3 D starters back + 100 goals return on attack, goalie returns, 2 great FOGO and a ton of Soph talent and a FR that might help.

Cape - Best brothers, Gilpko, little Dambrogio, etc so they will score. Lost entire D, goalie and FOGO tough to over come that.

CR - return Davis, Woolyhand, Cava, Jackson which is a great core. Lost 2-3 D and great LSM.

Archmere - returns entire D, was young last year but pretty good. Lost Bauer and Moyer and some other Offense.

Sanford - lucky brothers, Campbell and Baugess all return but little else on D. Should be real good though.

Appo - talented team that underperformed last year. Maybe best player in state Garrison with some nice players like Wohlar, Eleazar, Valesquez, all returning but lost 3 D starters to graduation or transfer from an already weak D.

Tower Hill - young last year and significantly improved. Hickey is a great player.

Tatnall - Anderson, Wilkerson, Rous brothers, etc going to challenge for title.

Smyrna - think they are this year MTown and will has a good year. Might have been too ambitious in scheduling.

DMA - returns Ruggerio, Gilbert, Cook, etc going to be a real good team. Build ftpwards this or this the past few years.

just missed the cut:
Caravel - one of the best players in state Jaminson Young, most of D returns and they eased up on the schedule. Probably playoff team.

Middletown - return a lot of takent but look too many points in thier too 2 to be top 10 again

Dover - wasn’t impressed last year but they were young and most returns so should be better this year. Good coaching.

Milford - some real good young players probably just Not enough

If I had to order them right now let’s say:
1 - Sals
2- CR
3 - Cape
4 - Sanford
5- Appo
6 - Tatnall
7 - Tower Hill
8 - DMA
9 - Archmere
10 - Smyrna

Looked at Cape again - good depth and returning players. Better then I thought moved them up.

New edit - 12.29
Moved CR up, looks like they got one of the good D Pole from Sallies. With the core they already have they will be a final 4 team.

Also Appo played well in the fall - D will be the weakness but offense will score in bunches.

Last edited:
Just a real quick note on Cape, the goalie, Travers, is returning as a senior. Lost a lot on D but should actually be better at FOGO this year. Everything else looks good. I like Appo and CR to make great strides. I think it will still come down to Cape and Sals.

Just a real quick note on Cape, the goalie, Travers, is returning as a senior. Lost a lot on D but should actually be better at FOGO this year. Everything else looks good. I like Appo and CR to make great strides. I think it will still come down to Cape and Sals.

Didnt know that about the G and FOGO - those two positions are usually good for a few wins!

Cape will be very good again, lost a good core group but will be fine. Travers is the real deal, had some good goalies in front of him but is all state caliber.

Milford has some talent and will be very competitive.... Watch out for Lake, there are a couple of attackman that have been solid for years but were underclassman. They will be solid in the south.

Appo and CR will be solid, Connor Garrison is one of the top players in the state. Sallies is Sallies, them and Cape are the team to beat but it should be noted that other programs are making strides in developing solid players.

Cape will be very good again, lost a good core group but will be fine. Travers is the real deal, had some good goalies in front of him but is all state caliber.

Milford has some talent and will be very competitive.... Watch out for Lake, there are a couple of attackman that have been solid for years but were underclassman. They will be solid in the south.

Appo and CR will be solid, Connor Garrison is one of the top players in the state. Sallies is Sallies, them and Cape are the team to beat but it should be noted that other programs are making strides in developing solid players.

Milford has 3 or 4 studs. Son played against them a few years ago and they were young then but damn good. Must be even better now.

Reactions: Edp445
Milford has 3 or 4 studs. Son played against them a few years ago and they were young then but damn good. Must be even better now.

Milford is definitely on the come up. Came up huge with the Henlopen South championship last year, and fell just short to Cape in the Henlopen conference championship. If Milford capitalizes on one or two more plays I see them walking out as conference champions. While they didn't manage to leave with a win in the conference championship, they showed that they are capable of hanging with championship-caliber teams. They are brining back one of the most explosive players in the state in Landan Hajek, who was snubbed from the all-state teams, but to each his own. Hajek kept the Bucs in the Henlopen Championship last year, and I expect him to only improve in this upcoming year. Kid is special, he'll most likely be playing D3 powerhouses Alvernia or Arcadia. Don't sleep on Milford this year, head coach Blake Faulkner has something special brewing in Milford, I have them as my dark horse team to win the state chip next year.

This seems like a pretty solid list to me, but I think ranking Cape as 3rd might be a little high. They do have Gabe best, but they lost a majority of their team. I think that all should be above them, but we’ll see what happens when cape plays tatnall this year. I don’t really know though, I follow wrestling more.

Despite the fact that both Cape and Sals lost considerable talent to graduation, there is no disputing that they are still the top 2 teams in the state. Look back to 2015, when Cape lost virtually their entire starting line up from the state championship winning season the year prior. They still made it back to the championship. Although they got worked, it still shows that when you have players on a roster that have been there before, and won, it adds an edge. The last time a team other than Cape or Sals won the state championship was in 2010 (an extremely well coached Tower Hill team). There is just a winning culture in both of those programs. It is just nonsense to suggest that a team other than those 2 would even compete for a title. Both are almost a lock for the state championship game barring an earlier exit to each other, which is highly unlikely because both teams will be seeded in the top 3 unless a freak seeding mishap occurs (Like in 2017 when Friends goes undefeated with an extremely weak schedule and gets the 1 seed). Sals and Cape have superior rosters to any other school in the state, whether it is recruiting, coaching, or feeder programs, it is just plain facts. Anyone to propose that any other team has a legit shot at beating one of these team in the championship is lying to themselves. The 2020 Championship game will be a rematch from 2019, and I expect it to be a better game than most would think.

Last edited:
Despite the fact that both Cape and Sals lost considerable talent to graduation, there is no disputing that they are still the top 2 teams in the state. Look back to 2015, when Cape lost virtually their entire starting line up from the state championship winning season the year prior. They still made it back to the championship. Although they got worked, it still shows that when you have players on a roster that have been there before, and won, it adds an edge. The last time a team other than Cape or Sals won the state championship was in 2010 (an extremely well coached Tower Hill team). There is just a winning culture in both of those programs. It is just nonsense to suggest that a team other than those 2 would even compete for a title. Sallies is a lock for the state championship game barring an earlier exit to cape, which is highly unlikely, because both teams will be seeded in the top 3 unless a freak seeding mishap occurs (Like in 2017 when Friends goes undefeated with an extremely weak schedule and gets the 1 seed). Sals and Cape have superior rosters to any other school in the state, whether it is recruiting, coaching, or feeder programs, it is just plain facts. Anyone to propose that any other team has a legit shot at beating one of these team in the championship is lying to themselves. The 2020 Championship game will be a rematch from 2019, and I expect it to be a better game than most would think.
You make valid points, however I don't believe Milford should be counted out...

Reactions: MillyWrasl97
Milford is definitely on the come up. Came up huge with the Henlopen South championship last year, and fell just short to Cape in the Henlopen conference championship. If Milford capitalizes on one or two more plays I see them walking out as conference champions. While they didn't manage to leave with a win in the conference championship, they showed that they are capable of hanging with championship-caliber teams. They are brining back one of the most explosive players in the state in Landan Hajek, who was snubbed from the all-state teams, but to each his own. Hajek kept the Bucs in the Henlopen Championship last year, and I expect him to only improve in this upcoming year. Kid is special, he'll most likely be playing D3 powerhouses Alvernia or Arcadia. Don't sleep on Milford this year, head coach Blake Faulkner has something special brewing in Milford, I have them as my dark horse team to win the state chip next year.

I am guessing this is low-quality trolling. Milford was losing to Cape 19-3 at half and got blown out by the end of Cape's bench in the 2nd half with a running clock. Final score was 26-5 and Cape was instructed to stop shooting.

Reactions: delawarenole

I am guessing this is low-qual trolling. Milford was losing to Cape 19-3 at half and got blown out by the end of Cape's bench in the 2nd half with a running clock. Final score was 26-5 and Cape was instructed to stop shooting.

Despite the fact that both Cape and Sals lost considerable talent to graduation, there is no disputing that they are still the top 2 teams in the state. Look back to 2015, when Cape lost virtually their entire starting line up from the state championship winning season the year prior. They still made it back to the championship. Although they got worked, it still shows that when you have players on a roster that have been there before, and won, it adds an edge. The last time a team other than Cape or Sals won the state championship was in 2010 (an extremely well coached Tower Hill team). There is just a winning culture in both of those programs. It is just nonsense to suggest that a team other than those 2 would even compete for a title. Both are almost a lock for the state championship game barring an earlier exit to each other, which is highly unlikely because both teams will be seeded in the top 3 unless a freak seeding mishap occurs (Like in 2017 when Friends goes undefeated with an extremely weak schedule and gets the 1 seed). Sals and Cape have superior rosters to any other school in the state, whether it is recruiting, coaching, or feeder programs, it is just plain facts. Anyone to propose that any other team has a legit shot at beating one of these team in the championship is lying to themselves. The 2020 Championship game will be a rematch from 2019, and I expect it to be a better game than most would think.

Will be interesting both should be able to score a ton and both will have young defenders due to graduation, injuries, etc.

D3 powerhouse ? Um . Yeah. No....

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT