Laurel
Seaford
Lake
Delmar
Sussex academy
Delmarva Christian

Make flight A&B conferences with 8 teams each
Sounds Good to Me...

I like the idea of adding another conference. Most of the teams in various conferences can't compete with the big dogs in their respective conference. Henlopen North would be easily favored towards Cape. The new Henlopen South would be favored towards Delmar leaving really only Lake to do anything there. I do love that top conference you created. That conference would be nonstop competition in every sport not the same teams in everything but regardless would always be competition.

You want competition in Henlopen? Don't make north and south play each other, not an issue with football. Blue Hen already does that. Means more work for the ADs, but Oh Well. You also mention letting another private/charter school into Henlopen. Stupid. The smallest 2nd group school gets screwed. You could have balance with the two smallest 2nd groups fill in the low grouping.

Reactions: 84rider
Put St.Georges in that first group. If we're being honest wherever S.Academy and Delmarva Christian go they won't be competitive so their best chances are in the South. I agree with the North and South not playing each other waste of time. Again most AD's don't want to spend the time looking for other games mostly why those game still exist.

Put St.Georges in that first group. If we're being honest wherever S.Academy and Delmarva Christian go they won't be competitive so their best chances are in the South. I agree with the North and South not playing each other waste of time. Again most AD's don't want to spend the time looking for other games mostly why those game still exist.
Again, why are you letting charter schools into the conference? You are penalizing the traditional schools at the expense of charter schools who don't have to follow the same rules.

Sussex county football and basketball teams are struggling!

Wb just
I like the idea of adding another conference. Most of the teams in various conferences can't compete with the big dogs in their respective conference. Henlopen North would be easily favored towards Cape. The new Henlopen South would be favored towards Delmar leaving really only Lake to do anything there. I do love that top conference you created. That conference would be nonstop competition in every sport not the same teams in everything but regardless would always be competition.

Wow!

You want competition in Henlopen? Don't make north and south play each other, not an issue with football. Blue Hen already does that. Means more work for the ADs, but Oh Well. You also mention letting another private/charter school into Henlopen. Stupid. The smallest 2nd group school gets screwed. You could have balance with the two smallest 2nd groups fill in the low grouping.

The Henlopen North & South teams are not required to play each other anymore & if they choose to schedule each other it is considered an out of conference game. I remember back when I played we were given a 22-game regular season schedule w/ 19 of those games locked in as Henlopen Conference games cuz we had to play each team in our division twice along w/ the Henlopen North teams once but this is no longer the case.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT